NEw DJI Osmo Mobile 2 can't handle left or right tilt
1794 5 2019-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Graeme57
lvl.1
Australia

Hi guys ,just bought DJI Osmo Mobile 2. I am 62 and not overly tech savvy . I have an iphone XS. I have the app on the phone and can get every thing working in landscape mode ....appears to be perfectly blanced .........however if I tilt the Gimbal handle left or right it is as though the motor can't handle it. It jerkily tries to correct and sometimes does but also sometimes it freaks out and goes limp . This can't be normal ? (I hope not)  . So I can tilt the handle towards or away from me and it works smoothly but left and right it does not work smoothly at all. (It is as though that motor can't handle the weight of the phone) . Does this sound like something I have done wrong or have I got a dud ?   BTW it has done this since straight out of the box .

2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Would it be possible if you could verify to us if the phone has a case when it's installed to the Osmo Mobile 2? If so, please try to remove the phone case and re-balance the mobile device. You could also provide us a short video showing the problem for further assistance. The video can be uploaded using google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. You may refer to the video tutorial below for balancing the mobile device. Thank you for understanding.

2019-8-4
Use props
Graeme57
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 8-4 08:40
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Would it be possible if you could verify to us if the phone has a case when it's installed to the Osmo Mobile 2? If so, please try to remove the phone case and re-balance the mobile device. You could also provide us a short video showing the problem for further assistance. The video can be uploaded using google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. You may refer to the video tutorial below for balancing the mobile device. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWe1o2RjZY

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gppmxvy4cxugaxi/2019_08_05_10_19_25_351.mov?dl=0

I tried both with and without a case and rebalanced each time . It seem correctly balanced each time. I also tried in portrait mode and there is a distinct motor noise as though it is not happy .
I have attached a dropbox link to a video I took showing the problem. Hope it works as I have never used dropbox before .
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Graeme57 Posted at 8-4 17:46
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gppmxvy4cxugaxi/2019_08_05_10_19_25_351.mov?dl=0

I tried both with and without a case and rebalanced each time . It seem correctly balanced each time. I also tried in portrait mode and there is a distinct motor noise as though it is not happy .

Hi, thanks for providing this video. I'll coordinate this situation to our designated department for further check. We'll keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-6
Use props
maxigtr
lvl.1

Argentina

were you able to solve the problem?
2022-2-11
Use props
fans89ba9a43
New
Romania

Hello, same problem here .
Dji Osmo mobile 2
Iphone XS - no case .
Gimbal calibrate on the table with original dock .
When i pan from left to right or reverse the corners of the phone goes up or down . It never keep an straight line .
When i double tap “M” come back and try to align  very very slow .
Thank you .
2022-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules