Cant update firmware on SC - tried everything
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VegardUhre
lvl.1

Norway

Hey, I recently purchased the smart controller + DJI Mavic 2 pro package. Straight out of the box I followed the instructions and updated the firmware on the drone without any problems. However the smart controller has been incredible difficult to update. It gives me the same error each time no matter what I do. The update halts at 15% and gives me the error 0x02b007 Update Failed. It wont even let me fly with the old version. It says the update is required.
What I´ve tried:
  • Charging controller to 100%
  • Screen timeout set to 30 min
  • Update via Wifi
  • Update via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.0.8
  • Tried update through another PC
  • Tried update by mac
  • Factory Reset + clearing caches.

37858390bf2ac3cf848a1b5aed6d9773fdf2d8a2467027b72a3b6d34bfb66ce208c729c1.jpg
45764308d113db7a267e9b4d03a93b5da127c3d52793042e8e0b0faf0a76ca74a2cb5edc.jpg
883860084ed7a5ca0d6c1ee77bac66cb027f5926eff16af301790ef2dfa0bef7bfb3a202.jpg
99830756762c9f9710fd1975a1c3bb42232e0a9baadbcde46eb467194217a0dcf2ac9548.jpg
5054671983179156f56000ba1fb3458f77989e9b1a57c4c216596a365739039dada025a8.jpg
2019-8-4
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not really sure why the controller is expecting a Phantom 4, it supports it, but this may be your issue. Looks like it isn't linked. (small LED top right should be green not red).

Come out of the Go APP by double click on the back button, then swipe  your finger down from the top centre of the screen of the screen which will display the settings for the controller.

Select 'Recent' and then slide any open Apps up to close them.

Select 'Switch Aircraft' if its available to you, select your aircraft, if there are none listed select add device and link the Mavic by pressing the linking button on the aircraft.

If the option to switch aircraft is not available ( Not sure when it was added to the firmware) then:

Power up the Mavic and the smart controller, Start the Go App and then when it does the version check ignore it. and enter device. If the LED is green and not red then it is linked, but it won't do any harm to link again.

When the screen is ready, top right, three dots (...) click there,
Select the remote
Scroll to the bottom and select Linking, and when it starts beeping, press the link button on the aircraft. Once its linked see if anything changes.

Also, remove any SD cards from the controller, it has been known to cause issues,

2019-8-4
Use props
VegardUhre
lvl.1

Norway

Buzzyone Posted at 8-4 04:17
Not really sure why the controller is expecting a Phantom 4, it supports it, but this may be your issue. Looks like it isn't linked. (small LED top right should be green not red).

Come out of the Go APP by double click on the back button, then swipe  your finger down from the top centre of the screen of the screen which will display the settings for the controller.

Thank you for your reply, Buzzyone. It actually got me one step further. Ive now linked the aircraft and managed to select Mavic 2 on the home screen. However I must be really fast as it goes back to selecting Phantom 4 automatically again. But when I try connecting the controller I think it wants me to connect a mobile phone. I use smart controller but it still asks me to connect a cable.

Any idea?

2019-8-4
Use props
VegardUhre
lvl.1

Norway

Im starting to think that the failed firmware update messed up the SC applications. It still stuck on 15% and fails. And it wont let me link my Mavic 2 even though the green light is shining. I asks me to connect the cable. Is there any way to hard factory reset it?  
2019-8-4
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you don't have a sd card installed in smart controller and reset the controller to factory data reset and install firmware through dji assistant 2 the most recent in your computer or just use your wifi. Hopefully it will install to the latest firmware, I have installed the current firmware just using wifi. You may have to relink it to the drone again. Hope this works out so you can start flying...

2019-8-4
Use props
VegardUhre
lvl.1

Norway

Thank you. I never had a SD card in the controller. I think perhaps its the DJI Go 4 app thats causing issues. My current version is 4.3.14. Any way to reverse it to an older version? Ive tried downgrading firmware but it crashes then as well. on 15%. Same as when I try to "update" to the newest firmware.

I tried both cable and WiFI only. Both gives me the same result and the same error. Exactly at 15% it stops and gives me "failed" message.
2019-8-4
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

VegardUhre Posted at 8-4 09:51
Thank you. I never had a SD card in the controller. I think perhaps its the DJI Go 4 app thats causing issues. My current version is 4.3.14. Any way to reverse it to an older version? Ive tried downgrading firmware but it crashes then as well. on 15%. Same as when I try to "update" to the newest firmware.

I tried both cable and WiFI only. Both gives me the same result and the same error. Exactly at 15% it stops and gives me "failed" message.

Maybe try uninstalling  DJI Go 4 app and then reinstall
2019-8-4
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

if your using a usb3 port on your pc try using usb2, mine and a few others SC would not update using usb3 but updated when using usb2, I don't think you can uninstall the go4 app on the sc,
2019-8-4
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One thing I would suggest is to use Assistant 2, as I have found this the most reliable way to upgrade etc.

Make sure it’s the version from the Mavic 2 website as there are more than one version and only this version works with the SC.

I would also suggest only using the supplied cable. I have a number of USB-C cables and only the one supplied works! Apparently there are many standards that use USB-C so limit you failure points.

After that I would be reaching out to DJI as you may have a faulty controller. All though it dose t help you I can say that upgrades and downgrades of the SC work without a hitch, which suggests a problem with the controller, DJI may be able to send you a bootstrap file to factory boot your controller.
2019-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules