Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Newbie settings mistake
961 13 2019-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ocq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1343258 ft
Costa Rica

I new with my Mavic Air and I hope you can understand.

Today is 50% sunny 50% cloudy. So, I went to my drone, near a small forest.

There were certain parts like a zebra on the screen, why it happens?

So, I recorded a video and it's so bright.

Could you help me with the best configuration for these scenarios, please!

Wrong Settings!

Wrong Settings!
2019-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s telling you these areas ar overexposed, you can turn this off many find it distracting .
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. You may try to turn off the overexposure in the camera setting to see if there will be changes. You may refer to the screenshot below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

2019-8-4
Use props
Ocq
lvl.2
Costa Rica

hallmark007 Posted at 8-4 08:58
That’s telling you these areas ar overexposed, you can turn this off many find it distracting .

Thank you for your time
2019-8-4
Use props
Ocq
lvl.2
Costa Rica

DJI Tony Posted at 8-4 09:21
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. You may try to turn off the overexposure in the camera setting to see if there will be changes. You may refer to the screenshot below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

[view_image]

Thank you for your explanation, very clear.
2019-8-4
Use props
Ocq
lvl.2
Costa Rica

DJI Tony Posted at 8-4 09:21
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. You may try to turn off the overexposure in the camera setting to see if there will be changes. You may refer to the screenshot below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

[view_image]

Tony, about this overexposure indicator. the video bright will be minor if I turn this overexposure indicator off?
2019-8-4
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

For me because I don't know much about camera settings I only change from auto to sunny or cloudy. If it's sunny or partly sunny I use sunny. I only use cloudy if it's complete cloud cover. Or I leave it on auto. This is just what I do. When I mess with all the other settings and don't like it I just reset the camera to factory and start over.
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ocq Posted at 8-4 12:42
Tony, about this overexposure indicator. the video bright will be minor if I turn this overexposure indicator off?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. This particular setting should get rid of the zebra lines on your live feed in the application. However, you could still reset the camera settings of your DJI Go 4 app to set it back to the default then set it again to your preferred settings.
2019-8-4
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Ocq Posted at 8-4 12:42

No, you have to adjust the camera settings (shutter speed, iso, aperture) to get an EV of 0 (which means the picture is exposed correctly and not under or overexposed) or - if you  are completely new what I think you are to cameras, else you wouldn't ask - put the camera settings to auto and read some tutorials in the internet what shutter speed and ISO do.
2019-8-4
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

if u don't use histogram that zebra is Your best friend. show zones on video which are overexposured (basicly only white color there) so even in post,  there is no chance to get any detail.
fight it changing shutter values, or ND filters
2019-8-4
Use props
Ocq
lvl.2
Costa Rica

saviour Posted at 8-4 22:47
No, you have to adjust the camera settings (shutter speed, iso, aperture) to get an EV of 0 (which means the picture is exposed correctly and not under or overexposed) or - if you  are completely new what I think you are to cameras, else you wouldn't ask - put the camera settings to auto and read some tutorials in the internet what shutter speed and ISO do.

You're right, I'm new in all these kind of staff of drone including settings camera. So, I'll take your advice meanwhile I learn about it.

Thank you
2019-8-5
Use props
Ocq
lvl.2
Costa Rica

KREMi Posted at 8-4 23:57
if u don't use histogram that zebra is Your best friend. show zones on video which are overexposured (basicly only white color there) so even in post,  there is no chance to get any detail.
fight it changing shutter values, or ND filters

kremi, I think ND Filters are necessaries to do better videos. So, I'm going to by. Any recommendations?
2019-8-5
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

polarpro are good ones, but soooo expensive
go check some other options - I would not go for cheapest ebay/china (10-15$) but 100$ for a set is too much IMO
and check if they fit into gimbal protector, as screw/unscrew them everytime would be annoying

2019-8-5
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Ocq Posted at 8-5 17:05
kremi, I think ND Filters are necessaries to do better videos. So, I'm going to by. Any recommendations?

Don't bother with ND filters yet. Watch tutorials about shutter speeds, iso etc. before you think about ND filters else it gets too complicated. Get to know the basics first.

If you understood all of that, Skyreat ND filters are extremely good for their price.
2019-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules