Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS time stamp on images?
3761 6 2019-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
choppedxs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Does anyone know if the timestamp on the images created by RTK phantom is from GPS time? Wanting to run a logger for lidar altitude and time synch the altitude with the image timestamp and for this to work I am hoping dji is using gps time for their geotagging.
thanks
2019-8-4
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.3
New Zealand

Also does anyone know where the RTK P4 log file altitudes come from. Is it the RTK altitude or is it the baraometer?
2019-8-4
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.3
New Zealand

choppedxs Posted at 8-4 20:20
Also does anyone know where the RTK P4 log file altitudes come from. Is it the RTK altitude or is it the baraometer?

Nobody knows nothing aye!!  
2019-8-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

choppedxs Posted at 8-7 13:42

I can't say for the P4RTK, but in other Phantoms, the time and date stamp does come from the GPS signal, as the aircraft does not have a real-time clock. And the altitude comes from the barometer, but the EXIF file also contains the GPS altitude buried in another parameter. For non-RTK aircraft, the GPS altitude is quite innacurate.
2019-8-7
Use props
patiam
Captain
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

choppedxs Posted at 8-7 13:42

Time is from GPS.
GPS altitude is available and quite accurate for RTK.
2019-8-7
Use props
jivago
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

choppedxs Posted at 8-4 20:20

Hi
Based on technical support engineer sentences, when drone takes off, it gets height from unreliable barometer and ignores stable gps system.
2019-8-8
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.3
New Zealand

I have been looking into this more and it looks to me like the drone is flying based on the RTK fix but is logging altitude from barometer and also using a fusion of barometer and autonomous gps (ie it uses the gps to get height above sea level then flags the gps and uses the baraometer to update changes to altitude.  There does not seem to be a column for the RTK position which is a shame. I guess they cobbled together code from previous drones that did not have RTK feed. I did find that the RTK geotagging works when flying in manual which is cool. Now if they would just turn on ppk in manual that would be nice too rather then only logging when a mission is started.
2019-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules