Can not take off.
2380 30 2019-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rescue 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89820 ft
United States

Recently, I purchased a P4P + remote controller to go with a P4P drone that a friend gave me.  I linked up fine, took it outside to calibrate the bird and fly test it to see how the 4 handled.  It was sweet, this morning I took the drone back outside and cannot get it off the ground, the screen says Cannot Fly, navigation error.  No matter what I do, I cannot clear this error.

I have been reading about this no fly zones, once I upgraded my map on my controller, I see I am just inside the line of a approach zone even though I am just 5 miles away from the airport.  Being the chief UAS pilot for the fire department, I have an FAA waiver to fly without contacting the tower.  

Is this navigation error real, or is it because I am two houses within this flight path?

I recalibrated several times both IMU and Compass without luck.

Tomorrow I will take the P4P to work and see if I am restricted there.

Any ideas?

Rick
2019-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Navigation Error doesn't sound like an airspace restriction.  It sounds like a problem with the drone.
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Rick, sorry to read the issue. Just to verify, has the drone been involved with crash or hard landing before? May I have a screenshot of the error message do you refer to?
2019-8-4
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-4 23:33
Hi Rick, sorry to read the issue. Just to verify, has the drone been involved with crash or hard landing before? May I have a screenshot of the error message do you refer to?

2019-8-5
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

Tried to calibrate at work which is out of any zero zones, same error, or maybe it never went away.  I'm new to the P4P, never had flying issues with my other Phantoms or Inspires at my home location.  How do I clear this error, should I re-install the firmware?  
2019-8-5
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

Additional information, to my knowledge the P4P has not had any rough landings on the one flight I did with it two days ago.  My controller came from the middle of the country while my P4P came from LI, NY.  I'm wondering if the calibration of the two units got messed up once they talked to each other for the first time.  A question about why the remote has to be calibrated, and why?  My other controllers never required that type of calibration.  The P4P is an outstanding craft, and I look forward to adding it to our fleet of rescue UAV's.
2019-8-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rescue 1 Posted at 8-5 03:42
Additional information, to my knowledge the P4P has not had any rough landings on the one flight I did with it two days ago.  My controller came from the middle of the country while my P4P came from LI, NY.  I'm wondering if the calibration of the two units got messed up once they talked to each other for the first time.  A question about why the remote has to be calibrated, and why?  My other controllers never required that type of calibration.  The P4P is an outstanding craft, and I look forward to adding it to our fleet of rescue UAV's.

In the third screen shot I see there are no satellites being detected by the aircraft. This of course might be the cause of the error report.  I would expect to see something there even in a poor reception area.

You could try refreshing the firmware using 'DJI Assistant 2' on your PC.
2019-8-5
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 8-5 04:04
In the third screen shot I see there are no satellites being detected by the aircraft. This of course might be the cause of the error report.  I would expect to see something there even in a poor reception area.

You could try refreshing the firmware using 'DJI Assistant 2' on your PC.

Thanks for noticing that, I did not, still getting used to that 5" screen, it is great, just a lot of info in a small space.  I agree with a firmware install.  I will try this once I'm home again.

2019-8-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Interested to know if that fixed your problem?

RedHotPoker
2019-8-5
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Navigation Error - Check Redundancy state  sounds like a GPS problem. I also see your in OPTI mode and not "P" mode, again, a GPS problem?
I say this as my Matrice 210 RTK now shows same error message, along with cannot fly. I turn off RTK mode and i can fly.
So that is where my statement is coming from.
What does DJI say to pay attention to here?
2019-8-5
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

Finally some good news to express thanks to Aardvark, I tried to re-install the system firmware even though it stated that the firmware was the newest version and this failed again.  I then installed the older version firmware, hit the reset to factory standards, then re-installed the latest firmware and bingo, I now have a functioning bird.  I re-calibrated the sensors, and compass and can't thank you enough for your help.  I've been on this forum for a little while just to read about problems and fixes people are encountering, I am glad you all are out there to offer advise.  Maybe I should try the same technique for my Inspire One who loses GPS signal a lot and drifts away from me while I am working an active fire scene.

Thanks again..

Rick
2019-8-6
Use props
Hatem m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3430463 ft
Saudi Arabia

Rescue 1 Posted at 8-6 03:40
Finally some good news to express thanks to Aardvark, I tried to re-install the system firmware even though it stated that the firmware was the newest version and this failed again.  I then installed the older version firmware, hit the reset to factory standards, then re-installed the latest firmware and bingo, I now have a functioning bird.  I re-calibrated the sensors, and compass and can't thank you enough for your help.  I've been on this forum for a little while just to read about problems and fixes people are encountering, I am glad you all are out there to offer advise.  Maybe I should try the same technique for my Inspire One who loses GPS signal a lot and drifts away from me while I am working an active fire scene.

Thanks again..

Like you faced a lot of difficulties, on the other hand I discovered that it is very easy
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rescue 1 Posted at 8-6 03:40
Finally some good news to express thanks to Aardvark, I tried to re-install the system firmware even though it stated that the firmware was the newest version and this failed again.  I then installed the older version firmware, hit the reset to factory standards, then re-installed the latest firmware and bingo, I now have a functioning bird.  I re-calibrated the sensors, and compass and can't thank you enough for your help.  I've been on this forum for a little while just to read about problems and fixes people are encountering, I am glad you all are out there to offer advise.  Maybe I should try the same technique for my Inspire One who loses GPS signal a lot and drifts away from me while I am working an active fire scene.

Thanks again..

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear the P4P works well now. For the issue of Inspire 1, you may change to another open field to see whether the GPS signal works well.
2019-8-7
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan, I need help again.  Just when I thought the problem I was having cleared, it came back, no gps, same screen, all red lights can not fly..  Any ideas?  I tried putting in the software again, several times, no luck.
2019-8-8
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the screens above showed NO SDCARD

Have you since put in an sdCard and formatted it IN THE BIRD??

Just a thought, and one thing to check off.......

Randy
2019-8-8
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

MedicFL1 Posted at 8-5 14:56
Navigation Error - Check Redundancy state  sounds like a GPS problem. I also see your in OPTI mode and not "P" mode, again, a GPS problem?
I say this as my Matrice 210 RTK now shows same error message, along with cannot fly. I turn off RTK mode and i can fly.
So that is where my statement is coming from.

I will let you know once they respond to me since my problem is back.  Flew for a day, then back to the same old problem.
2019-8-8
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

Good Morning everyone,  

Just another day of problem finding, yes, I did put in a sdcard, and discovered another problem.  While just sitting on my table turned on , I watched my bird go from all red lights to blinking green with no sats and vision flight in yellow come on.  I took it outside immediately to see if I could see sats, 3, 4, 6, I thought this was great, so I took off only to watch the red lights come on while airborne and go into ATTI mode.  I landed it and took it back in with no sats seen.

So, what kind of problem are we looking at, a firmware problem?  Or is it a hardware problem with the GPS.  Going on You Tube, I watched someone else flying high in GPS mode, then his unit going into ATTI mode and sats.

Ideas anyone?
2019-8-9
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-7 18:45
Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear the P4P works well now. For the issue of Inspire 1, you may change to another open field to see whether the GPS signal works well.

DJI Susan,

Can you view my new posts in the problems I am having and direct me if possible.  Thanks
2019-8-9
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Starting to look like a hardware problem.  Possibly the GPS is intermittent.   Im not sure how they connected internally.  Possibly a ribbon cable or faulty  GPS module.  
2019-8-9
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just an FYI i have seen this error before when the I.M.U overheats and Melts and yes you get no other errors in the app. That's not to say this isn't something else, just that it is easily possible this is a hardware error.
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rescue 1 Posted at 8-9 01:53
DJI Susan,

Can you view my new posts in the problems I am having and direct me if possible.  Thanks

Upon checking your homepage, the latest post was published on 2019-8-4, there is no newer post. May I have the link you referred to?
2019-8-10
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

I agree with you all, this problem is hardware, just sent it the repair center to get it repaired.  My fire department relies  on UAV support and during this part of the season, wish I could of repaired it myself, now I wait.

Wish me luck, I advise you all of the outcome.
2019-8-12
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

As a final to my problem, I sent the P4P away for repair, the GPS board was replaced and all seems in order except for a LED light code that is coming on the bird, 6 green pulses to 2 red pulses and it keeps repeating.  I am flying in class C airspace with a restriction of 129 ft max.  I am flying at 30 feet and get these lights.  Any ideas for this?  Thanks

Rick
2019-8-26
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-10 02:32
Upon checking your homepage, the latest post was published on 2019-8-4, there is no newer post. May I have the link you referred to?

I sent my P4P in for repair, they replaced the GPS module and that solved the problem.  Now a question for you, since I just got my P4P back, while hovering or flying I see a LED light pattern I do not know what it means, 6 green strobes then 2 Red strobes, then it repeats.  Any idea of what this light pattern means?
2019-8-26
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-10 02:32
Upon checking your homepage, the latest post was published on 2019-8-4, there is no newer post. May I have the link you referred to?

I sent my P4P in for repair, they replaced the GPS module and that solved the problem.  Now a question for you, since I just got my P4P back, while hovering or flying I see a LED light pattern I do not know what it means, 6 green strobes then 2 Red strobes, then it repeats.  Any idea of what this light pattern means?
2019-8-26
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

Ben Mason Posted at 8-9 06:55
Just an FYI i have seen this error before when the I.M.U overheats and Melts and yes you get no other errors in the app. That's not to say this isn't something else, just that it is easily possible this is a hardware error.

I sent the unit in for repair, it seems the gps board was bad, just got it back and tested it ok..A big difference, thanks for your info.
2019-8-26
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 8-5 04:04

You could try refreshing the firmware using 'DJI Assistant 2' on your PC.

I appreciate your advise, I sent the bird in for repair, they replaced the gps board, just got the bird back and tested ok, just have a question on the LED light patterns on the bird, I get 6 green pulses then 2 red and back to 6 green.  Not sure what this means.
2019-8-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rescue 1 Posted at 8-26 14:37
I appreciate your advise, I sent the bird in for repair, they replaced the gps board, just got the bird back and tested ok, just have a question on the LED light patterns on the bird, I get 6 green pulses then 2 red and back to 6 green.  Not sure what this means.

Have a look at page 14 of the manual, that might give you some idea as to the indication given by the status lights, from your brief description perhaps it's indicating low battery ?

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2019-8-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rescue 1 Posted at 8-26 14:37
I appreciate your advise, I sent the bird in for repair, they replaced the gps board, just got the bird back and tested ok, just have a question on the LED light patterns on the bird, I get 6 green pulses then 2 red and back to 6 green.  Not sure what this means.

Also have a look at DJIs flysafe map, the flashing red might indicate you're close to an NFZ or authorisation area.

Found another https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=109185&pid=915725

blinking red - Copy.png
2019-8-27
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 8-26 15:30
Have a look at page 14 of the manual, that might give you some idea as to the indication given by the status lights, from your brief description perhaps it's indicating low battery ?

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20180508/Phantom_4_Pro_Pro_Plus_Series_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Your page 56 help was spot on.. thanks for the help.
2019-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rescue 1 Posted at 8-26 14:28

It seems that you are flying in restricted zones, you may change to another open field to check whether it helps.
2019-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules