Android app issue
1174 8 2019-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

I seen that there should be a new update for better compatibility with Android phones with DJI go 4. Is it out yet or coming up, this is not so clear. Because my phone is keep getting disconnected from the remote (Huawei p20 pro). But the remote is well connected to the drone. My screen picture turns black and white, then after a few seconds of waiting it just reconnects by itself and I get live feed back. Thanks for the help.
2019-8-4
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Make sure you are in "Airplane" mode on your device/phone/tablet.
Make sure that all apps are not running in the background. Nothing.
You may also try to uninstall the Go4 app, and make sure all cache and related files are deleted, and then re-install the app.
Hope this helps...
edit: Are you connecting your device from the side port (charging port) with the little 3" cable into your device?
Try a known good "data cable" (the type that came with your phone or tablet.), and connect to the bottom USB port on the remote, and then into your device.

2019-8-5
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Yea did that already. And no I use the provided cable from DJI so this should work. I don't like using a big cable in the USB slot as I cannot hold the camera properly when inserted on the side of phone. If need to buy a phone holder but that's not the point. Keep getting disconnected and before it was not happening so something changed .
2019-8-5
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Had the same problem a couple of times with my first mavic. Reason was the usb plug getting out of the contact on the phone (Samsung S7edge). There was some space between the clamps and the phone. Trying to look every time I plugged it in, to look that the plug was firmly pushed in.
Because of that problem and the screen of the phone was not easy to see in very bright daylight, I bought a smart controller for my M2P.
2019-8-6
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

JohnDG Posted at 8-6 09:16
Had the same problem a couple of times with my first mavic. Reason was the usb plug getting out of the contact on the phone (Samsung S7edge). There was some space between the clamps and the phone. Trying to look every time I plugged it in, to look that the plug was firmly pushed in.
Because of that problem and the screen of the phone was not easy to see in very bright daylight, I bought a smart controller for my M2P.

Yeh if we'll inserted... I want the smart controller too but too expensive
2019-8-6
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Any help ? I am alone that this issue happens ?
2019-8-7
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Up up up up
2019-8-9
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Nicoricosancho Posted at 8-6 18:48
Yeh if we'll inserted... I want the smart controller too but too expensive

It is expensive indeed. You are right on that. On the other hand, it contains a controller and a high quality display (CristalSky) in one device.
2019-8-16
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Nicoricosancho Posted at 8-5 18:57
Yea did that already. And no I use the provided cable from DJI so this should work. I don't like using a big cable in the USB slot as I cannot hold the camera properly when inserted on the side of phone. If need to buy a phone holder but that's not the point. Keep getting disconnected and before it was not happening so something changed .

If you just try it as a trouble shooting tool, you may see a more reliable connecting with the Go app.
That side port is real wonky, and easily damaged. Yes, it should work with what they supply, but sometimes you have to go into reality.
I only use it as a charging port, with a magnetic connector so I don't have to remove and unplug all the time.
https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic- ... 5&s=gateway&sr=8-26

You can get a shorty data cable with a right angle connector for 5 bucks from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech- ... ExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

2019-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules