Precise landing
1431 10 2019-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

I used my phone to fly my Mavic, then when I had switched over to my IPad  my take off measurements for precise landing is the same as my phone, before when I was using my IPad it was something like 3 or 4 meters before taking off but now it only shows 1 or 2 meters? How can I bring the right measurements back?
2019-8-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you mean auto take off - if so, the drone will rise to around 4 feet as standard and if you have selected precision landing as part of the auto take off procedure it should be around 21 feet/7m. If you've selected precision landing and the drone stops ascending at 3-4m but still precision lands with RTH then perhaps that's an upgrade they have done with recent firmware.
2019-8-5
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

A J Posted at 8-5 11:41
Do you mean auto take off - if so, the drone will rise to around 4 feet as standard and if you have selected precision landing as part of the auto take off procedure it should be around 21 feet/7m. If you've selected precision landing and the drone stops ascending at 3-4m but still precision lands with RTH then perhaps that's an upgrade they have done with recent firmware.

thanks AJ, yes I do mean Auto take off
2019-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The aircraft would automatically take off and hovers at 1.2meters above the ground upon using the ''Auto take-off'' feature. Precision Landing is an upgraded version of GPS RTH.
It needs a GPS signal strong enough to initiate Precision Landing so that the Mavic Pro can be navigated back to the vicinity of the take-off point.
Then, the aircraft needs to be able to visually recognize the pattern of the ground it took off from, for example, cracks or other identifiable patterns. A uniform patch of sand, however, is not suitable for Precision Landing.
Finally, the Mavic Pro needs to capture footage of the ground during take-off to record its appearance. This means that you should give the Mavic Pro sufficient time during its ascent and fly up to around 10m above your takeoff point, instead of flying away immediately after take-off.
2019-8-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Picanoc Jack Posted at 8-5 13:34
thanks AJ, yes I do mean Auto take off

1-2m is normal mate
2019-8-5
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 8-5 14:43
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The aircraft would automatically take off and hovers at 1.2meters above the ground upon using the ''Auto take-off'' feature. Precision Landing is an upgraded version of GPS RTH.
It needs a GPS signal strong enough to initiate Precision Landing so that the Mavic Pro can be navigated back to the vicinity of the take-off point.
Then, the aircraft needs to be able to visually recognize the pattern of the ground it took off from, for example, cracks or other identifiable patterns. A uniform patch of sand, however, is not suitable for Precision Landing.

Yes I always wait, but for some reason it never lands on target.
2019-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Picanoc Jack Posted at 8-6 00:05
Yes I always wait, but for some reason it never lands on target.

Clean the sensors, calibrate them in Assistant 2 and slowly ascend from a clearly marked area (landing pads help) with sufficient light to around 30 feet. Let the drone hover for a few seconds at 30' then pitch forward ensuring you also have a home point on the map with a strong GPS/GLONASS connection. When RTH is activated it should land within the landing pad providing you don't touch the sticks during the return and don't change your home point during flight and it isn't too dark upon landing.
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Picanoc Jack Posted at 8-6 00:05
Yes I always wait, but for some reason it never lands on target.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You may consider the suggestion from A,J. Try to re-calibrate the sensors of the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 then re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if that would help. The DJI Assistant 2 can be downloaded using this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads
2019-8-6
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 8-6 14:12
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You may consider the suggestion from A,J. Try to re-calibrate the sensors of the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 then re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if that would help. The DJI Assistant 2 can be downloaded using this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads

will do when I get back home thank you lads.
2019-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Picanoc Jack Posted at 8-6 17:08

You're welcome mate - hope all goes well
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Picanoc Jack Posted at 8-6 17:08

You're most welcome. Cheers!
2019-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules