Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI selling refurbished as new????
123Next >
9137 107 2019-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AvalonFate
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55751 ft
United States

Hi guys please help,

I just received my new drone today. After I check the gimbal scratch(yeah, it have scratch !), I find out something strange happend on my brand new controller.... It has second screen protecter film on it, a non-factory one, just udner the factory screen protecter film!!  After I tear off the factory screen protecter, there one more screen protecter on it and look like a " amazon stuff" ! take look the picture .

Is this normal for brand new product??  This is unacceptable if this is not a normal thing that have a non-factory screen protecter under a factory screen proetcter.
         I think this clearly a used product that DJI's lazy worker forget to remove the costomer screen protecter film.
         Are DJI selling refurbished stuff as new to costomer????

20190805135217.jpg
20190805135243.jpg
20190805135236.jpg
2019-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi AvalonFate, this is totally normal that there are two screen protector films in the Remote Controller of Mavic 2 series drone. The external film is designed to prevent the screen from being scratched during transportation, users can simply tear it off when receiving it. The film below is to protect the screen during daily use, you don't need to tear off.

Please note we reserve the rights to edit and delete offensive comments and posts. Since your post includes the disrespectful comment of Chinese technology, we will delete it and you will be warned once. Being warned three times will be banned automatically from the Forum, thanks for your understanding.
2019-8-7
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE:   Wow, final boss showed up . Nice to meet you Mindy.

Thank you for let me know that two screen protector films on RC is a normal production process.  But it is too late for me since I already return the item due to tech support can't give me a clear answer when I contact them( I really hope they can give me solid answer when I need help from them). I wish your tech support team can have that kind of info next time. A professional trained staff is better than anything else. Maybe the tech support team should have higher stander. Also let your stuff get familiar with your own product is important. Imagine It when you ask your car dealer “is the vehicle come the sun protect film on window?” and the answer is " I'm not sure".  I will be like ????. It is your product....     As I try to recall my memory,when I got my older mavic 2 pro which build on 01/2019, it don't have the second films on it. This newer 07/2019 build mavic 2 pro, must have some change during production process.
    No matter what, 1. Dji forget to train the tech support team to get newest info about the product. Or, 2. Dji resell the old item as new.
    1 or 2, there no other option in this case for Dji.
    Dji will causing confusion to repeatability purchase buyer like me.
    In case of dji really put second films on RC, a simply note to your tech team will take care this matter.

About the "disrespectful comment of Chinese technology". I am only stating the facts. I was lived in China many years. I know there ton of bad behavior in China technology marketing. Like 鼎好大厦,海龙电子商城 in 中关村,北京 (Two tech supermarket for PC and tech stuff). The reason of those tech/PC supermarket bankrupt is obviously. Too many dishonest seller in those market. Even 3.15(A Chinese Counterfeit investigation agency) can't help the customer who has been scammed in those place. Because too many loopholes for fake stuff and too many victims. After Taobao And JD become a normal shopping place for tech stuff and PC parts, those supermarket bankrupt. No one want to go there anymore due to dishonest seller in those big building.  Now, Taobao and JD has gained the trust of the buyer. But there some third-party seller in Taobao/JD are just like old time. I was try to let the people who never has this kind experience to know they need to learn more. If can't admit the history, it will never make progress. I think the ban is making a big fuss over a minor issue. Hope you can understand my point.      Here is some news from Baidu https://www.sohu.com/a/225696403_99900382      
      If you understand Chinese, it will easyer if you go search it yourself. And if you r Chinese, I know you knew those things already.

Thank you again Mindy for let me know the screen protector films are normal. Wish you can show up early.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Update:

Oh by the way, this is a brand new DJI store order. Not thrid party order.
Update : I try to find some open box video on youtube. And there is one. Please check 11:32             The second film I have is way thicker than first layer factory film, and it give me hard time to peel off. It look like not mean to be peel off to me. Really like a customer put it on and Dji worker forget to peel it off when they try to refresh the RC.

check 11:31

check 11:31

Seem like he has only one layer of protector film. I have that same factory film he tear off is on top of the thrid party film(check #1 picture). Now I doubt more that I got a refurbished product. Unless DJI change their assembly procedure. But that will make no sense. There is no meaning of two layer film. Instead they should go fix the gimbal scratch issues.

wut u doing dji??

125517ej4wwxeb95965s69.jpg

2019-8-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi AvalonFate, sorry to know that you've had issues with your new purchased drone. May we ask for the serial number of the aircraft (SN)? We appreciate your patience.
2019-8-5
Use props
DMS Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17740 ft
United States

That's kind of low down!
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-5 13:18
Hi AvalonFate, sorry to know that you've had issues with your new purchased drone. May we ask for the serial number of the aircraft (SN)? We appreciate your patience.

163DG7B0011J04   
2019-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your drone was built on the 11 of July 2019 , I don’t believe you were given a refurbished drone or RC, if it had no screen protector on I’d be concerned.
Does it look new does it work like it should .
Mark on your gimbal could have been caused by the way you removed gimbal cover .
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 13:41
Your drone was built on the 11 of July 2019 , I don’t believe you were given a refurbished drone or RC, if it had no screen protector on I’d be concerned.
Does it look new does it work like it should .
Mark on your gimbal could have been caused by the way you removed gimbal cover .

I don't want to believe just same like you. I just contact the support and even they can't told me why this is happened.....        A non-factory film under a factory film.... This is a no go for me...

Can you recall when you have the new mavic 2 pro ? dose it come with two screen proetcter on the controller?
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

Selling Refurbished as New is a Type of Fraud
Federal truth-in-advertising law, administered by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, requires that refurbished and reconditioned items are properly labeled. This means that a seller cannot describe a returned or refurbished item as "new." Where a seller advertises a smartphone as new, for example, and in fact it has been used and refurbished, he could face criminal fraud charges, fines and jail time, if your local prosecutor deems the case worth pursuing. To get the ball rolling on such charges, you would have to file a police report. Criminal aspect aside, as a buyer, you can file a lawsuit against the supplier for misrepresentation. If successful, you will be able to cancel the transaction and at least get your money back, and your state may have a law that provides you with further money damages.
2019-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 13:46
I don't want to believe just same like you. I just contact the support and even they can't told me why this is happened.....        A non-factory film under a factory film.... This is a no go for me...

Can you recall when you have the new mavic 2 pro ? dose it come with two screen proetcter on the controller?

I’m not sure how many screen protectors were on my Mavic pro2, but 2 things having two protectors on the screen is absolutely no indication of a refurb and I think if this is your only proof of a defective or refurbished product then you will rightly be laughed out of court.
The date of your drone build is clear and on record it was built less than a month ago.

It is possible that RC’s get moved around particularly with the option now to purchase without RC and I’m sure this might be a better explanation so RC is rechecked before being repackaged .

If your RC looks new works like it’s new has no used marks on it then as they say if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck then it’s most likely a duck .
Go enjoy your new purchase ....
2019-8-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi AvalonFate, sorry for the confusion. Upon checking and verifying in our systems. This is a brand new aircraft and never been activated. The film protector you've mentioned has nothing to do with the remote controller's quality in terms of flying the aircraft as it not affect GPS signals in piloting and aircrafts behaviour. Regarding this isolated issue, we'll forward this feedback with the designated team for future improvement. We thank you in taking time in raising this query to our attention. Much appreciated.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 14:12
I’m not sure how many screen protectors were on my Mavic pro2, but 2 things having two protectors on the screen is absolutely no indication of a refurb and I think if this is your only proof of a defective or refurbished product then you will rightly be laughed out of court.
The date of your drone build is clear and on record it was built less than a month ago.

Thank you for you advise. I have different opinion.

First of all... I didn't see any technology products has this strange things happend before. Imagine you bought a brand new phone from official store, and when you got the phone nad tear off the factory screen protector, you find out there is a non-factory screen protector under it. A " amazon style" one. I think you will return it and have some question right?

For me, the Brand New mean it must not been used or opened, not just working fine. A refurbished product can be working fine, but it can't sell as a brand new. A No matter it is a New or refurbished drone,  there are some sign shows me that something is not right on this RC. Even on the drone's rear arm has strick mark under the motor, look like due to careless folding back the rear arm and strick on the body part. I don't know that come with you guys brand new drone or not.

And for the gimbal, it has scratch not just on top of the gimbal case, it also has scratch side of the gimbal case where the gimbal protecter not even touching the gimbal. How is that come?  I did that when I remove the gimbal protecter? Please, I'm a attentive person.

Anyway, I just feel this whole things is not acceptable for me . I already request a return on this order. If DJI not take caring of  this case. I will consider consulting my lawyer. I don't like being defrauded.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 14:12
I’m not sure how many screen protectors were on my Mavic pro2, but 2 things having two protectors on the screen is absolutely no indication of a refurb and I think if this is your only proof of a defective or refurbished product then you will rightly be laughed out of court.
The date of your drone build is clear and on record it was built less than a month ago.

Forgot one thing. I think the SN means nothing.....   It is their system, they can do what ever they what..  I believe in my own eyes more than anything.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-5 14:45
Hi AvalonFate, sorry for the confusion. Upon checking and verifying in our systems. This is a brand new aircraft and never been activated. The film protector you've mentioned has nothing to do with the remote controller's quality in terms of flying the aircraft as it not affect GPS signals in piloting and aircrafts behaviour. Regarding this isolated issue, we'll forward this feedback with the designated team for future improvement. We thank you in taking time in raising this query to our attention. Much appreciated.

Understand. I just feel not comfortable with the purchase anymore. I already request a return case. Hope in the future, those issues will be addressd.
Thank you Diana.
2019-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 14:51

First of all... I didn't see any technology products has this strange things happend before. Imagine you bought a brand new phone from official store, and when you got the phone nad tear off the factory screen protector, you find out there is a non-factory screen protector under it. A " amazon style" one. I think you will return it and have some question right?

I think you are having buyers remorse and returning is probably your only hope, the protector underneath as you say is the protector that I had on my RC, if your drone has marks on it then clearly it shouldn’t, but you didn’t show any photos of these marks so nobody can comment with any certainty, I can tell you my standards are just as high as yours and a second protector does not in anyway tell me a product is a refurb or has been used before in fact it only says there are two protectors on your RC .
2019-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 14:51

First of all... I didn't see any technology products has this strange things happend before. Imagine you bought a brand new phone from official store, and when you got the phone nad tear off the factory screen protector, you find out there is a non-factory screen protector under it. A " amazon style" one. I think you will return it and have some question right?

I think you are having buyers remorse and returning is probably your only hope, the protector underneath as you say is the protector that I had on my RC, if your drone has marks on it then clearly it shouldn’t, but you didn’t show any photos of these marks so nobody can comment with any certainty, I can tell you my standards are just as high as yours and a second protector does not in anyway tell me a product is a refurb or has been used before in fact it only says there are two protectors on your RC .
2019-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 14:54
Forgot one thing. I think the SN means nothing.....   It is their system, they can do what ever they what..  I believe in my own eyes more than anything.

SN means everything your just talking rubbish now .
2019-8-5
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, to recap. It all works fine, your just upset it had two screen protectors on it?
The warranty is there for you if you find any actual problems. So, you're covered.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 15:02

Well. I was trying to let those things go, so I didn't take pic. I only can't accept the non-factory screen protector. But heres for you.  Please check the picture. Other rear arm don't have same strick mark.   I used some cleaning pad, not working.

Side of gimbal, with no protector touching.

20190805160929.png

Top of gimbal

20190805160922.png

Rear Arm
20190805160934.png

2019-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 15:13
Well. I was trying to let those things go, so I didn't take pic. I only can't accept the non-factory screen protector. But heres for you.  Please check the picture. Other rear arm don't have same strick mark.  

Side of gimbal, with no protector touching.

I’m not certain but you were on the forum a mont ago, is your drone a month old, if it is then none of this makes any sense, you will also have trouble getting your money back if this is the case as dji operate a 14 day return cash back policy .
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 15:07
SN means everything your just talking rubbish now .

Why is that ? You don't think if a merchant want to lie to you, they will do whatever they can ? Man,you should go to china and learn more things on Taobao.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 15:17
I’m not certain but you were on the forum a mont ago, is your drone a month old, if it is then none of this makes any sense, you will also have trouble getting your money back if this is the case as dji operate a 14 day return cash back policy .

No, this is a brand new one. Just like I siad, I just recievd it today.
2019-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 15:18
Why is that ? You don't think if a merchant want to lie to you, they will do whatever they can ? Man,you should go to china and learn more things on Taobao.

I don’t think anybody would lie to me just because their Chinese, that’s tantamount to racism.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 15:21
I don’t think anybody would lie to me just because their Chinese, that’s tantamount to racism.

By the way, you r chinese I'm right? Why you so protect DJI ? You from DJI?
2019-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 15:23
Oh~ there is a lot of cheating on taobao buddy. Go check it out . Fake SSD, refurbished products sell as new. Ton of things.

As I said buyers remorse, just send it back get your money back, I hear go pro are relaunching karma it’s American so should be kosher.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 15:21

check this out
you get why im saying SN means nothing now?
2019-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 15:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-D6tYBX8vE
check this out
you get why im saying SN means nothing now?

I think I know who’s just arrived back in town , goodbye .
2019-8-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 14:57
Understand. I just feel not comfortable with the purchase anymore. I already request a return case. Hope in the future, those issues will be addressd.
Thank you Diana.

Hi AvalonFate, sorry to know about that. We'll respect your decision in requesting a return case. Just reach us again for further inquires. We thank you for your patience.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 15:34
I think I know who’s just arrived back in town , goodbye .

Base on your attitude from the begaing, I'm really doubt you r a PR or something from DJI.....  First you says I scratch the gimbal myself... then say SN means everything....  If you are a adult, you should know everything can be change and fake...  Even German auto company cheating on exhaust test in US.  lolo

Stop stray from the point and unity as a costomer. Oh, unless you are not a customer....
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-5 15:37
Hi AvalonFate, sorry to know about that. We'll respect your decision in requesting a return case. Just reach us again for further inquires. We thank you for your patience.

Thank you.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

MedicFL1 Posted at 8-5 15:11
So, to recap. It all works fine, your just upset it had two screen protectors on it?
The warranty is there for you if you find any actual problems. So, you're covered.

Would you be upset when you find out your brand new phone has a Amazon screen protector on it?
2019-8-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Third Party (not DJI) screen protector underneath official DJI Factor screen protector, sets off warning bells.  Good indication you got a drone that was rejected or returned.
2019-8-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 15:47
Would you be upset when you find out your brand new phone has a Amazon screen protector on it?

Recently bought a $2,300 lens from Amazon.  Had it come with a 3rd-Party cover underneath official Nikon factory cover, I would reject lens ASAP.  Thus far, I have not had a previously owned issue with Amazon.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 8-5 19:16
Recently bought a $2,300 lens from Amazon.  Had it come with a 3rd-Party cover underneath official Nikon factory cover, I would reject lens ASAP.  Thus far, I have not had a previously owned issue with Amazon.

All the merchant in the world is try to expanding their interest. Many do has issues with reselling stuff. Even thrid party seller in Amazon. Go ask some experienced person who has the lens you purchase. Or you can purchase second one to do the compare.  Be responsible to your own money. This is customer markert. Not theirs.

I spend more than 30k every year on Amazon. Beacuse they have such good customer servise and easy return. Never had customer servise issues with amazon.
2019-8-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Return it - immediately!
2019-8-5
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine was brand new and came with two screen protectors on it.
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 8-5 21:13
Return it - immediately!

Already did
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

Mullheliflier Posted at 8-5 22:14
Mine was brand new and came with two screen protectors on it.

hope you can show up earlier
2019-8-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good for you
2019-8-5
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.2
United States

But it still kind strange that even DJI technical Support can't give me a conclusive answer about my concern. They never say two layers of screen protectors is normal. In particular, there is another layer that looks like a third-party product.

I believe if I go to a random Apple store and ask stuff about their new product protection, they will give me a affirmative answer.
2019-8-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Were both screen protectors identical and Factory DJI type?
The OP is saying a 3rd-party screen protector was first placed on screen, and DJI factory screen protector placed over top of 3rd-party.  Hard to imagine how that would happen at DJI's factory.
2019-8-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules