Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI selling refurbished as new????
9086 107 2019-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

AvalonFate Posted at 8-6 17:11
The date is on your packaging box..... you don't even need to check it online.

I know but the actual day is cool.
2019-8-7
Use props
AnzacJack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AvalonFate Posted at 8-6 23:26
u saying two film are the same??
You need a ophthalmologist.
Personal attack on me won't help u have a better life. On the other hand, it shows how childish you are.

If your an example I don’t think I need to be too concerned.
Not sure why you are bothering to continue here. You have returned your drone and not a fan of DJI so I’m guessing your not replacing it.
Don’t let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.
2019-8-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

AnzacJack Posted at 8-7 02:20
Not sure why you are bothering to continue here. You have returned your drone and not a fan of DJI so I’m guessing your not replacing it.
Don’t let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

well said.
2019-8-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

LOL what is this thread?   

no DJI isnt selling refurbished units as news for a few reasons:

1. it is illegal to do in almost every country in the world

2. DJI's refurbished products are as god as news, i purchased a few and so have my friends, couldn't tell the differance between refurb and new, seriously good stuff! even get same coverage as if buying new but saving money.

3. the gimbal micro scuffage is kinda and sadly a way of life for some mavic 2 pro's with how clamp works and vibrations in shipment/transportation.

4. multiple layers of screen protectors could be anything, machines malfunction and sometimes apply 2 or improperly cut one or something.. DJI has stated that this was actually genuinely intentional because pre-apply a plastic protector over the actual display then a protector over that to protect it in shipping..
5. they selling refurbished drones sepertely and are in limited numbers vs new stock so doesnt even make sense they sell you a refurb as new.

if the product is functional has minimal to no defects then i would just chalk it up to weird oddities that sometimes happen with mass production.

if you are unhappy/regretting spending your money, return it within grace period allotted for returns simple as that..
2019-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ahh it’s great to hear the voice of sense, something not real about this whole thing ......
2019-8-7
Use props
Solo1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383238 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-6 14:07
If you want to know when it was built put it up and I’ll get the date for you , it makes sense to record this information and also to make it available to users .

Hell you can get it from DJI Go 4 direct from the drone.
2019-8-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

Solo1 Posted at 8-8 20:43
Hell you can get it from DJI Go 4 direct from the drone.

Can you?  Ive not seen that,  where is it located?
2019-8-8
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

AvalonFate Posted at 8-5 13:10
Oh by the way, this is a brand new DJI store order. Not thrid party order.
Update : I try to find some open box video on youtube. And there is one. Please check 11:32             The second film I have is way thicker than first layer factory film, and it give me hard time to peel off. It look like not mean to be peel off to me. Really like a customer put it on and Dji worker forget to peel it off when they try to refresh the RC.

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-9
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have three Mavic 2's Pro, Zoom & E2D, the Dual has an additional screen protector under the transport one. No idea why, nor am I really concered, the kit was purchased from an authorised dealer and the box was sealed as it came from DJI, it has full warranty.

I have no reason to believe that this has been sold before, the controller and drone had all the expected stickers and protection installed as you would expect.

It is likely, although it would be impossible to find out for sure, that they are supplied parts from more than one source, it is also likely that this may be a process change, both my Pro and Zoom were launch day purchases, one from DJI direct the other from an approved dealer, the E2D was purchased last week from a DJI dealer, it was shipped to them in March this year.

I work in an industry that constantly changes its processes, sometimes for customer perception improvement sometimes for cost, it is possible that DJI originally requested suppliers to fit screen protectors and then deemed it an unnecessary cost, the original batches having already produced had this now deleted part in the process or its a new addition after reviewing customer feedback.

Unless you have access to the design department of DJI you will never know.
2019-8-10
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Portugal

No, that’s not normal by any means. I believe you got a return... DJI does NOT install normal screen protectors on the drones only the one with the tab for protection during shipping. The previous owner did. Anyone supporting the opposite must be out of their mind...
I would like to know how many of you bought an iPad Mini to fly your Mavic with a tempered glass pre-installed?
2019-8-10
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55751 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-7 00:28
Hi AvalonFate, this is totally normal that there are two screen protector films in the Remote Controller of Mavic 2 series drone. The external film is designed to prevent the screen from being scratched during transportation, users can simply tear it off when receiving it. The film below is to protect the screen during daily use, you don't need to tear off.

Please note we reserve the rights to edit and delete offensive comments and posts. Since your post includes the disrespectful comment of Chinese technology, we will delete it and you will be warned once. Being warned three times will be banned automatically from the Forum, thanks for your understanding.

Wow, final boss showed up . Nice to meet you Mindy.

Thank you for let me know that two screen protector films on RC is a normal production process.  But it is too late for me since I already return the item due to tech support can't give me a clear answer when I contact them( I really hope they can give me solid answer when I need help from them). I wish your tech support team can have that kind of info next time. A professional trained staff is better than anything else. Maybe the tech support team should have higher stander. Also let your stuff get familiar with your own product is important. Imagine It when you ask your car dealer “is the vehicle come the sun protect film on window?” and the answer is " I'm not sure".  I will be like ????. It is your product....

About the "disrespectful comment of Chinese technology". I am only stating the facts. I was lived in China many years. I know there ton of bad behavior in China technology marketing. Like 鼎好大厦,海龙电子商城 in 中关村,北京 (Two tech supermarket for PC and tech stuff). The reason of those tech/PC supermarket bankrupt is obviously. Too many dishonest seller in those market. Even 3.15(A Chinese Counterfeit investigation agency) can't help the customer who has been scammed in those place. Because too many loopholes for fake stuff and too many victims. After Taobao And JD become a normal shopping place for tech stuff and PC parts, those supermarket bankrupt. No one want to go there anymore due to dishonest seller in those big building.  Now, Taobao and JD has gained the trust of the buyer. But there some third-party seller in Taobao/JD are just like old time. I was try to let the people who never has this kind experience to know they need to learn more. If can't admit the history, it will never make progress. I think the ban is making a big fuss over a minor issue. Hope you can understand my point.      Here is some news from Baidu https://www.sohu.com/a/225696403_99900382      
      If you understand Chinese, it will easyer if you go search it yourself. And if you r Chinese, I know you knew those things already.

Thank you again Mindy for let me know the screen protector films are normal. Wish you can show up early.
2019-8-13
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.1
United States

lolo
I live in a free country,I can speak, I can ask. I'm not like you my friend. Be a mindless fan.
Who says fan can't ask question?  who says fan can't have complaints? And who says only fan can be here? If Dji only counting on fan like you, Dji has gone bankrupt long time ago. If you feel you can't help or uncomfortable with topic, just leave. Don't spill your bad manner here.

Based on your aggression and bad manners since you appear in my topic, I guess you are the same in real life. A loser.... Your parents need to teach you some manners. If they still alive.
2019-8-13
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-7 07:39
Ahh it’s great to hear the voice of sense, something not real about this whole thing ......

yeah of course. it's your kind of people
2019-8-13
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.1
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 8-10 00:48
I have three Mavic 2's Pro, Zoom & E2D, the Dual has an additional screen protector under the transport one. No idea why, nor am I really concered, the kit was purchased from an authorised dealer and the box was sealed as it came from DJI, it has full warranty.

I have no reason to believe that this has been sold before, the controller and drone had all the expected stickers and protection installed as you would expect.

Thank you for let me know.
2019-8-13
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.1
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 8-10 09:52
No, that’s not normal by any means. I believe you got a return... DJI does NOT install normal screen protectors on the drones only the one with the tab for protection during shipping. The previous owner did. Anyone supporting the opposite must be out of their mind...
I would like to know how many of you bought an iPad Mini to fly your Mavic with a tempered glass pre-installed?

Well, the big boss just admitted they have second protector on it. Even its kind of hard to believe. Hope they can make it clear next time.
2019-8-13
Use props
Solo1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383238 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-8 23:15
Can you?  Ive not seen that,  where is it located?

I'm pretty sure you can. I'm not near my drone right now. Ill have to check it out when I get home. I just remember playing around with the app when I first got it and thinking ohh that's cool it tells you when they built the drone.
2019-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

Solo1 Posted at 8-13 01:27
I'm pretty sure you can. I'm not near my drone right now. Ill have to check it out when I get home. I just remember playing around with the app when I first got it and thinking ohh that's cool it tells you when they built the drone.

I forgot to look myself....
2019-8-13
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

AvalonFate Posted at 8-13 00:47
Well, the big boss just admitted they have second protector on it. Even its kind of hard to believe. Hope they can make it clear next time.
Mindy is not the ‘big boss’, she’s a (nice) moderator on the forum. If DJI has started recently doing that, great. I still have my doubts about them installing a 2nd protector. Just go to a DJI store and check any Mavic remote controller for yourself.

My (ex) Mavic 1 and my M2P definitely didn’t came with it.
2019-8-13
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.1
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 8-13 05:27
Mindy is not the ‘big boss’, she’s a (nice) moderator on the forum. If DJI has started recently doing that, great. I still have my doubts about them installing a 2nd protector. Just go to a DJI store and check any Mavic remote controller for yourself.

My (ex) Mavic 1 and my M2P definitely didn’t came with it.

That was my memory recall same as my older mavic 2 pro build in 01/2019.

No matter what, they must forget to train their tech support team to get newest info about their product. Or they just reselling the old item as new.

1 or 2, there no other option in this case for Dji.

2019-8-13
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

If something doesn't look right, especially coming with scuffs or scratches, by all means, send it back immediately.  If you had to send it back for any other reason down the road, you would be accountable for the scratches and scuffs.
2019-8-13
Use props
AvalonFate
lvl.1
United States

Neo Supreme Posted at 8-13 11:04
If something doesn't look right, especially coming with scuffs or scratches, by all means, send it back immediately.  If you had to send it back for any other reason down the road, you would be accountable for the scratches and scuffs.

If it only has scratch on gimbal case. I can still handle it. Because it is a knowing issues with DJI's QC on mavic 2.
2019-8-13
Use props
HedsIc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Both of mine came exactly like yours with the exact same 2 factory screen protectors on it. One was purchased 5 minutes after it was announced and the order options went live.

I think you might just be reading way in to it....

As for the scratches, that's no good there. Neither of mine came with any sort of scratches on them (they both have scratches on them now but just on the very top from the Gimbal clamp)... I'd be more annoyed by the scratches than the fact that DJI puts 2 protective plastic film sheets over the LCD screen. Seems odd you are okay with the physical damage but upset over DJI's policy to put 2 layers of protection on the screen (it's known to scratch extremely easy)

Sounds like you already returned it though.

*edit*
I was originally on your side and understood your concern. For some people, dropping 1500 or so is a lot of money, so they want their rare expensive purchase to be perfect.. I'm the exact same way as you there.... But after reading how you reply to people, you just seem like an extremely rude and horrible human being. It's unfortunate you choose to come to this community and be so nasty to others on here who are trying to help you. Now that you returned the drone, I do not see why there is any reason for you to remain on this forum since you want to behave so poorly to it's active members that actually post regularly in here helping the community instead of trashing it like you seem to want to do. I am sorry you have chosen to behave so poorly.
2019-8-16
Use props
Tollytastic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30932 ft
France

Hi AvalonFate
I have had two new Mavic pro 2s and both came with a screen protector that was easy to peel off and a second which does not have a tab and is clearly designed to be left in place as a semi-permanent protector, Both of mine were sourced direct from Amazon France came with no scratches and I am certain were brand new.
The first had a manufacturing fault and under advice from DJI was returned to Amazon and replaced.

Hope this helps

Tolly
2019-8-16
Use props
gyrex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AvalonFate Posted at 8-6 09:09
Read it carefully and you will understand.

Let me know what you are having trouble with.

Oh, my apologies. The fault with any language comprehension always rests on the person who is incapable of understanding rambling sentences consisting of basic spelling mistakes, poor grammar and the literary capabilities of a chimpanzee. Carry on.
2019-8-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

https://forum.dji.com/thread-176603-1-1.html
2019-8-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

DAFlys Posted at 8-6 02:40
I started a poll,  hopefully we will get an idea of the split between screen protector or just the protective film.

Where is the link to it, please?
or the results, till now?

I "found" a topic, mentioning this already in Januar!
2019-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

S-e-ven Posted at 8-22 03:48
Where is the link to it, please?
or the results, till now?

Its here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=195348
2019-8-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Thanks!
Since it seems to have happen a couple of times, I'd like to know how often.
Could tell something about why it is happening.

This poll needs to be better promoted, methinks.
Only looking for the numbers in % and taking in account that 4. Is really unusual, these days, 1. and 2. Is pretty equal, isnt it?

Perhaps DJI is producing the RCs in 2 different facilities?

2019-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules