PANO0001-Pano - Copy.png
2019-8-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bent fields?   Don't they have straight lines where you live?
2019-8-5
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Labroides Posted at 8-5 17:05

Labroides, don't you ever do it again! I was sipping good cold beer while reading your reply and now I have to clean the keyboard somehow. Gee, what a mess ... And yes, these are "fields of some kind", pie-shaped! Isn't obvious?
2019-8-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely composed shot
2019-8-5
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Cool shot
2019-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-5 17:05

It's the problem with Pano shots unless you are backing way up.
2019-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-6 02:38
It's the problem with Pano shots unless you are backing way up.

It's a problem if you don't know much about making panoramas.
And if you don't know much about making panoramas, you should always avoid strong horizontal lines in the foreground ... because they tend to ruin the shot.

2019-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-6 02:56
It's a problem if you don't know much about making panoramas.
And if you don't know much about making panoramas, you should always avoid strong horizontal lines in the foreground ... because they tend to ruin the shot.

I was going to back it all the way up but someone was saying it's Private property and I had to leave.  I did the auto pano while talking to him then left.

I think it gives a cool art effect though.
2019-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-6 03:39
I was going to back it all the way up but someone was saying it's Private property and I had to leave.  I did the auto pano while talking to him then left.

I think it gives a cool art effect though.

Yeah ... really cool ... if you like distortion.

Just to show that it's possible to shoot a panorama with strong horizontals in the foreground ....
(if you know how to handle panoramas properly)
2019-8-6
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice capture
2019-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-6 04:01

Just to show that it's possible to shoot a panorama with strong horizontals in the foreground ....

It will work if you don't take that many horizontal shots and pull it back far enough so that's cheating.  You can try sliding the drone but a slight change of altitude will ruin the shot.  I'm not sure if an RTK drone is more accurate on the vertical data.

I did not have time to frame because someone was kicking me off where I parked while it was in the air.

This is a pano.
https://pro2-bar-s3-cdn-cf2.mypo ... 6c8663e40fbf3e283a4
2019-8-6
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-5 20:40
Labroides, don't you ever do it again! I was sipping good cold beer while reading your reply and now I have to clean the keyboard somehow. Gee, what a mess ... And yes, these are "fields of some kind", pie-shaped! Isn't obvious?

I'm with Matthew on this one.......
Coffee all over the place.
ROFLMAO.....

2019-8-6
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
United States

Very nice pano Labroides
2019-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You need to scale down the resolution with mspaint to be just under 2.0MB for it to be sharp otherwise it will look very shimmery.
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for sharing this beautiful aerial photo you have captured. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-8-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 8-6 06:53
It will work if you don't take that many horizontal shots and pull it back far enough so that's cheating.  You can try sliding the drone but a slight change of altitude will ruin the shot.  I'm not sure if an RTK drone is more accurate on the vertical data.

I did not have time to frame because someone was kicking me off where I parked while it was in the air.

No, this is not true. The process of gathering rough material is identical every time: the drone is hovering as steady as possible, the camera is taking a sequence of images accordingly to your settings. How do you stitch these images in post is the deciding factor. If you want to achieve 360x180 spherical panorama for further viewing in dedicated viewer, the resulting stitched image will be distorted exactly the way you see on your "Field of some kind" photo. Bottom part, usually stitched off 4 images + 1 nadir image, will be absurdly stretched. If you, however, want to achieve more realistic stitch of just a section of this same panoramic view, you must employ different projection algorithm, not spherical. Mercator works fine, fisheye as well ...

BTW, the sample city image is seriously illegal in the light of drone regulations.
2019-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-6 10:15
No, this is not true. The process of gathering rough material is identical every time: the drone is hovering as steady as possible, the camera is taking a sequence of images accordingly to your settings. How do you stitch these images in post is the deciding factor. If you want to achieve 360x180 spherical panorama for further viewing in dedicated viewer, the resulting stitched image will be distorted exactly the way you see on your "Field of some kind" photo. Bottom part, usually stitched off 4 images + 1 nadir image, will be absurdly stretched. If you, however, want to achieve more realistic stitch of just a section of this same panoramic view, you must employ different projection algorithm, not spherical. Mercator works fine, fisheye as well ...

BTW, the sample city image is seriously illegal in the light of drone regulations.

Yes .. the key to good panoramas is to use appropriate projections.

2019-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-6 07:43
You need to scale down the resolution with mspaint to be just under 2.0MB for it to be sharp otherwise it will look very shimmery.

MSpaint?
Sorry ... I don't have any of that high end graphics software
How easy was it to get the altitude waiver for your city image?
2019-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 8-6 15:41
MSpaint?
Sorry ... I don't have any of that high end graphics software
How easy was it to get the altitude waiver for your city image?

"MSpaint?
Sorry ... I don't have any of that high end graphics software"

And that's my coffee now a 'screen saver' (Not) :-)

2019-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 8-6 16:04
"MSpaint?
Sorry ... I don't have any of that high end graphics software"

Microsoft Paint.  I just percentage scale down and save then back to 100% with ctrl+z and scale down a bit more until it hits the desired MB.
2019-8-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 8-6 16:44
Microsoft Paint.  I just percentage scale down and save then back to 100% with ctrl+z and scale down a bit more until it hits the desired MB.

Ant, you're ... unbelievable. Have mercy, please ... What is "the desired MB" (of panoramic image)? And don't answer that you meant MP, I'm begging you ...
2019-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-6 16:54
Ant, you're ... unbelievable. Have mercy, please ... What is "the desired MB" (of panoramic image)? And don't answer that you meant MP, I'm begging you ...

The file size has to be under 2MB otherwise DJI will reject it.  I need to make it 1.9MB or it won't pass.  Same with Adobe Portfolio being 50MB but I've lowered them down to under 10MB so it can load on phones but ever since I changed it clients don't call me.
2019-8-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-6 16:56
The file size has to be under 2MB otherwise DJI will reject it.  I need to make it 1.9MB or it won't pass.  Same with Adobe Portfolio being 50MB but I've lowered them down to under 10MB so it can load on phones but ever since I changed it clients don't call me.

I am absolutely fascinated by the level of technical bullsh*t this guy can come up with......
2019-8-6
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-6 16:54

OMG
Unbelievable
ROFLMAO
The fact that he answered you.....
I'm dying here
Make it stop
No don't
This is better than Abbot and Costello
Who's on first.......
2019-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

This pano was a Pano but I was far away and everything is straight lines.
2019-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-7 09:01
This pano was a Pano but I was far away and everything is straight lines.
[view_image]

Nicely done
2019-8-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 8-6 20:04
I am absolutely fascinated by the level of technical bullsh*t this guy can come up with......

W.C Fields, I believe, coined it nicely:-

“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull....”

Or perhaps this may be an appropriate response:-

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."

2019-8-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 8-22 03:40
W.C Fields, I believe, coined it nicely:-

“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull....”

Seems to me it is an ignored child that the parents have no time for. Just throw money at it and leave it alone to develop.
2019-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules