Manual exposure settings issue
943 4 2019-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
prashanthpg
lvl.1

India

Hi,
When I switch to the pro mode and set to 1080p 24fps, and in auto exposure mode the ss is adjusted to 1/60 with 800 iso by itself. Then, when I go to manual exposure mode and set the ss to 1/50 with iso 100 my footage is getting darker instead of the exposure getting blown out.

In all the nd filter youtube tutorial videos, when people go with the above-mentioned pro mode manual settings their footage is getting too bright so they are using ND filters but for me, the footage is too dark without the filters. Could someone help me to find out where I'm wrong or what's wrong with my Osmo pocket?
2019-8-5
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

In your case, you already need iso 800 for your desired shutter speed (1/50th is only slightly brighter than 1/60th). Then when you drop to iso 100, which is 3 stops (= 8 times) darker, inevitably your video will get dark.

ND filters are for cases where there is so much light, even with the darkest (and clearest) iso setting, which is 100 for the osmo pocket; you cannot get down to 1/50th (or 1/60th) shutter speed without getting the exposure blown out. Not when there is so little light that you already need a high iso like 800...

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

PS: Your Osmo Pocket is perfectly normal, don't worry

2019-8-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ISO of 100 is the darkest setting, so... your footage will be dark unless in good light.
2019-8-5
Use props
prashanthpg
lvl.1

India

CemAygun Posted at 8-5 19:31
In your case, you already need iso 800 for your desired shutter speed (1/50th is only slightly brighter than 1/60th). Then when you drop to iso 100, which is 3 stops (= 8 times) darker, inevitably your video will get dark.

ND filters are for cases where there is so much light, even with the darkest (and clearest) iso setting, which is 100 for the osmo pocket; you cannot get down to 1/50th (or 1/60th) shutter speed without getting the exposure blown out. Not when there is so little light that you already need a high iso like 800...

Oh okay. I got it now. Thanks for the explanation
2019-8-5
Use props
prashanthpg
lvl.1

India

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-5 19:32
ISO of 100 is the darkest setting, so... your footage will be dark unless in good light.

Got it! Thanks for your reply
2019-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules