Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Osmo Action Firmware Released (08/06/2019)
12Next >
17030 51 2019-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.08.06
  • Firmware: v01.05.00.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.2.0
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.2.0

What’s New?
  • Added ability to switch between front and rear screen in Slow Motion.
  • Added ability to switch between front and rear screen in all modes without interrupting recording.
  • Optimized EIS for 60 fps videos.
  • Added Italian and Brazil Portuguese languages for Osmo Action.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart Osmo Action and DJI Mimo, and retry. Alternatively, download the latest firmware from the official DJI website to a SD card to update.

2019-8-5
Use props
Doomd
New

United States

The latest firmware (1.05) is NOT available to download via the DJI Osmo Action downloads page (https://www.dji.com/osmo-action/info#downloads)...it's still showing the 1.04 firmware as of 8/5/19 10:50pm MST
2019-8-5
Use props
csaby74-sp
lvl.1
Hungary

Even when wet, you cannot always set the camera to turn off automatically
2019-8-5
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

looks like voice control & double tap for screen switch no longer works with latest firmware..seems to only switch with the QS button whilst recording.
2019-8-5
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Updated with phone, but in a rather unconventional way.
So i DL the new FW to phone ( APP do that by itself within a blink of the eye on my 1 gbit connection )
I then connect to the camera, and press install, the gauge then go from 0 to 50% and then stop, and then after a while i get a time out MSG.
So i disconnect the 2 and reboot my phone, and then turn off the OA camera.
But then turning the OA camera on again the FW started to load with the ( takes about 2 min MSG on the screen ) and then after that the firmware was updated.

In regard to what CubbyJonson say above i do have double tap working for screen change ( at least when not recording )
But it might be he are right when it come to when recording are going on, i am currently charging my camera so will test that later on ( i can not see i would ever personally need screen change while recording )
2019-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CubbyJonson Posted at 8-5 23:50
looks like voice control & double tap for screen switch no longer works with latest firmware..seems to only switch with the QS button whilst recording.

Both are working at present on my device having just updated using DJI Mimo, now at V01.05.00.10(6762).

Double tap & voice control works when not recording; as you say though voice command to switch screen and double tap are disabled when recording. Screen swich then activated through QS button when recording.

2019-8-6
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes when not recording double tap & voice works but not when recording..very strange & annoying as i like to use voice command to switch
2019-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CubbyJonson Posted at 8-6 04:10
Yes when not recording double tap & voice works but not when recording..very strange & annoying as i like to use voice command to switch

Interesting though voice command "stop recording" works when recording video, none of the others though. So it looks as if the omission of voice operated screen switch when recording is intentional.
2019-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

peiter Posted at 8-6 03:51
Updated with phone, but in a rather unconventional way.
So i DL the new FW to phone ( APP do that by itself within a blink of the eye on my 1 gbit connection )
I then connect to the camera, and press install, the gauge then go from 0 to 50% and then stop, and then after a while i get a time out MSG.

"the gauge then go from 0 to 50% and then stop"

Is it not then waiting for you to confirm installation by tapping at bottom of screen on 'install' button.

I sat and look at at mine for a few seconds before realising confirmation to update was needed.
2019-8-6
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Yes i had pressed the install button at the bottom of the screen.

Last update which went flawless on the phone was something like this.

DL firmware to phone on home wifi ( gauge go from 0 - 50 %
Then disconnect my home wifi and connect to the osmo action.
Then pressing install gauge went from 50 to 100% and then the firmware was installed, i think the camera also rebooted on its own.
But it was nothing like that this time.
I have just confirmed that yes when recording and changing screen you can only do that by pressing the button on the side, which are also what i would do if i had a need to change screen recording or not.
I must admit i prefer to update by .bin file on memory card, have done that for so many years now.

As a avid phone hater i can already feel that due to updating the OA this way today i have already touched my phone 2 X longer for a day, really / honestly if i touch my phone for more than 5 minutes in a day i feel like i die a little inside.
So think i will go the .bin file on memory card in the future.

I know i am funny with phones, but what i do there dont hurt or cost other people so it is fine and something people just must respect.

2019-8-6
Use props
4lo
lvl.2
United States

When can we expect external mic support and hyperlapse?
2019-8-6
Use props
aBUGSworstnight
New

Just updated without issues (via cellular conenction).
Would have loved to see shorter times for timelaps to be added (min time is 2s atm; adding 1s and 0.5s would be great).

+1 for adding Hyperlapse!
2019-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aBUGSworstnight Posted at 8-6 06:47
Just updated without issues (via cellular conenction).
Would have loved to see shorter times for timelaps to be added (min time is 2s atm; adding 1s and 0.5s would be great).

"1s and 0.5s would be great"

My time lapse option includes 0.5s & 1s settings, as did previous build (V01.04.00.10(6698).
2019-8-6
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Doomd Posted at 8-5 20:49
The latest firmware (1.05) is NOT available to download via the DJI Osmo Action downloads page (https://www.dji.com/osmo-action/info#downloads)...it's still showing the 1.04 firmware as of 8/5/19 10:50pm MST

It was there, finally, this morning in the US!
2019-8-6
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Is the setting display bottom right a new thing ? I can’t see how to enable it, but it’s a good idea !

2019-8-6
Use props
aBUGSworstnight
New

Aardvark Posted at 8-6 07:00
"1s and 0.5s would be great"

My time lapse option includes 0.5s & 1s settings, as did previous build (V01.04.00.10(6698).

It's not there for me!
Neither in picture mode (called intervall in German GUI) nor in timelapse mode (video; called Zeitraffer in German)
smallest selectable time is 2s. Doesn't matter if I use the cam GUI or MIMo app.

2019-8-6
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

aBUGSworstnight Posted at 8-6 07:17
It's not there for me!
Neither in picture mode (called intervall in German GUI) nor in timelapse mode (video; called Zeitraffer in German)
smallest selectable time is 2s. Doesn't matter if I use the cam GUI or MIMo app.

I believe I had that problem in the manual mode, if I had the shutter speed set anything below 1/30th of a second. The minimum interval would jump to 2 seconds instantly. Don't know if that is still relevant, as the firmware has changed a lot since then...
2019-8-6
Use props
aBUGSworstnight
New

CemAygun Posted at 8-6 07:26
I believe I had that problem in the manual mode, if I had the shutter speed set anything below 1/30th of a second. The minimum interval would jump to 2 seconds instantly. Don't know if that is still relevant, as the firmware has changed a lot since then...

Made a factory reset and there you go!

Seems like some manual settings were still effective (although set to auto).
2019-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 8-6 07:16
Is the setting display bottom right a new thing ? I can’t see how to enable it, but it’s a good idea !
[view_image]

It is displayed if you chose manual setting of shutter/ISO, or if you select 'D-CineLike' in colour.
2019-8-6
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 8-6 07:50
It is displayed if you chose manual setting of shutter/ISO, or if you select 'D-CineLike' in colour.

Thanks ! ( shows how often I used manual mode ....
2019-8-6
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I updated using the FILE-ON-Camera method - worked simply.
2019-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 8-6 03:56
Both are working at present on my device having just updated using DJI Mimo, now at V01.05.00.10(6762).

Double tap & voice control works when not recording; as you say though voice command to switch screen and double tap are disabled when recording. Screen swich then activated through QS button when recording.

I would imagine a risk of audio screen switch continually being recorded when switching front to back, I do find long hold on Q button more reliable.
2019-8-6
Use props
Wth is DJI
lvl.1
United States

I mean who built this crazy forum that you can't even create a new thread?
2019-8-6
Use props
ddv88
lvl.1
Russia

Hi!
If is it possible please make switch buttons for wifi and bluetooth, to enable/disable the interfaces manually.
2019-8-6
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

With the new firmware how are people finding the RS screen lag ?

Doing the stopwatch method pioneered by Aardvark,

I now get .22s vs .35s ( not recording )

And .35s vs .6s ( recording )

So looks like an improvement.
2019-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 8-6 14:07
With the new firmware how are people finding the RS screen lag ?

Doing the stopwatch method pioneered by Aardvark,

I'm getting 0.2s not recording, and 0.32s recording 4k 60fps with RS & Dewarp active.

I'm getting 0.2s not recording, and 0.6s recording 4k 30fps with RS & Dewarp active.

2019-8-6
Use props
Emak
New

Finland

Cannot update.. "transferring firmware error (-4)". I already had this problem with the previous firmware and had to update by SD card. Now again!
2019-8-7
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I will download that
2019-8-7
Use props
colsub
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148540 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Is there a new function about face recogniton for exposition ?
Thanks
2019-8-7
Use props
osmoboy
lvl.2

Italy

with this new firmware, how do you feel the screen delay with RockSteady activated? it has improved, equal to before, or worsened?

2019-8-8
Use props
Ocilares
lvl.1

Germany

Hyperlapse Videos are still not possible write?

That is a bummer, because DJI told as 5 Months ago it will come..... yea sure with DJI Osmo Action 2
2019-8-8
Use props
grigri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2480322 ft
  • >>>
Poland

- Hyperlapse
- H265
Please
2019-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmoboy Posted at 8-8 02:18
with this new firmware, how do you feel the screen delay with RockSteady activated? it has improved, equal to before, or worsened?

I would say about the same as previous.
2019-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

colsub Posted at 8-7 21:44
Is there a new function about face recogniton for exposition ?
Thanks

I don't think it's new with this build of firmware, but there is a 'Face-Oriented Exposure' function toggle in the settings menu.
2019-8-8
Use props
colsub
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148540 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Ok, but this function "Face-Oriented Exposure" what's can I use?
2019-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

colsub Posted at 8-8 21:36
Ok, but this function "Face-Oriented Exposure" what's can I use?

If activated, when the camera detects a face in the image then that part of the image is used to set the exposure value for the image.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... anual_v1.0_en_7.pdf
2019-8-9
Use props
Dogilal
lvl.1

India

2019-8-9
Use props
fans8b834024
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41086 ft
United States

Umm, DJI where is the ability to connect an external Mic?
2019-8-15
Use props
BobMutchSD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74623 ft
United States

fans8b834024 Posted at 8-15 06:53
Umm, DJI where is the ability to connect an external Mic?

Yes... Where is it DJI!? To make a camera with a front screen, and have no external mic option is inexcusable.

Now... about that Rocksteady
screen delay...
2019-8-15
Use props
djiuser_UrXx2wcl0lqm
New

India

If you have no time to complete your assignment work and need urgent assignment help then I recommend students assignment help. they have experienced assignment writers that complete your assignment in 4-5 hours.
2019-8-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules