Phantom 2 vision out of control
1902 14 2019-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enchodus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45788622 ft
Jordan

I have a Phantom 2 vision drone and I have been flying it with joy for several years. As recently as few days ago  it started acting crazy after falling from my hands as I attempted to grab it upon descending.  The problem: The motors and propellers spin well while on ground, gps signal fine, as I throttle up to hover, the drone becomes possessed  and goes completely nuts, speeds up like crazy and flies straight up and I'm left completely out of control. The only way to stop the madness is to kill the motors. I checked and replaced all ESC's, all motors fine, did all possible calibrations including advanced and even hard reset the drone ..... all to no avail. What could the problem be, in my inexperienced point of view, there are two options left, either the main flight control unit or the main board. Can anyone please offer advice or possible solution.

2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Enchodus. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to help you further with your DJI Phantom 2 and with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email to support@dji.com for further assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-6
Use props
Enchodus
lvl.2
Jordan

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 07:18
Hello and good day Enchodus. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to help you further with your DJI Phantom 2 and with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email to  for further assistance. Thank you for your support.

Hello Stephen, I did, however they did not provide any answers, they only requested that I send it in for repair which I explained I cant, I need to fix it myself so I need suggestions of what possibly might have gone wrong with the quadrocopter and therefore I'm reaching out for anyone who might have had the same issue with his toy.
2019-8-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sounds to me like your FC is out of whack.  I've had to replace mine a couple times.  Fortunately they're on eBay used and they're very reasonably priced.

Good luck
2019-8-7
Use props
Enchodus
lvl.2
Jordan

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-7 02:07
Sounds to me like your FC is out of whack.  I've had to replace mine a couple times.  Fortunately they're on eBay used and they're very reasonably priced.

Good luck

Thank you for your suggestion Mark, I also thought it could be the flight controller going berserk .
2019-8-7
Use props
Enchodus
lvl.2
Jordan

Enchodus Posted at 2019-8-6 20:43
Hello Stephen, I did, however they did not provide any answers, they only requested that I send it in for repair which I explained I cant, I need to fix it myself so I need suggestions of what possibly might have gone wrong with the quadrocopter and therefore I'm reaching out for anyone who might have had the same issue with his toy.

Hi Mark, I bought a "supposedly" new MC  main control unit  Part # 9 from Amazon and I have just  replaced the old one on my phantom 2 vision and now the quadrocopter does not respond to the controller and will not start, I did an advanced calibration on the IMU and re-calibrated gps  to no avail, can you please advice me what to do in such a case. By the way, the number  on the new MC main  ( 1001254996) is different than that on the old one (1000791332).
2020-1-16
Use props
Enchodus
lvl.2
Jordan

Enchodus Posted at 2019-8-7 04:07
Thank you for your suggestion Mark, I also thought it could be the flight controller going berserk .

Hi Mark, I bought a "supposedly" new MC  main control unit  Part # 9 from Amazon and I have just  replaced the old one on my phantom 2 vision and now the quadrocopter does not respond to the controller and will not start, I did an advanced calibration on the IMU and re-calibrated gps  to no avail, can you please advice me what to do in such a case. By the way, the number  on the new MC main  ( 1001254996) is different than that on the old one (1000791332).
2020-1-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

You cannot calibrate the GPS module, you must mean you calibrated the compass

Did the FC not arrive in an unopened DJI retail package?

Did you link the P2V to the controller?
2020-1-16
Use props
Enchodus
lvl.2
Jordan

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-16 03:02
You cannot calibrate the GPS module, you must mean you calibrated the compass

Did the FC not arrive in an unopened DJI retail package?

Hello Mark,
I meant to say I calibrated the compass!! The FC did not arrive in a DJI package, it arrived in a small zipper plastic bag with a label on it that shows some number and the name Phantom 2 vision. Regarding the remote and the copter I tried pairing them multiple times to no avail. I include here the link of the US supplier where I got the main control unit #9:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020-1-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Enchodus Posted at 1-18 06:06
Hello Mark,
I meant to say I calibrated the compass!! The FC did not arrive in a DJI package, it arrived in a small zipper plastic bag with a label on it that shows some number and the name Phantom 2 vision. Regarding the remote and the copter I tried pairing them multiple times to no avail. I include here the link of the US supplier where I got the main control unit #9:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K45FF5Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's strange that it did not arrive in a DJI retail package.  I assume the seller is the same guy who is on eBay selling the same thing, described the same, for the same price from the same state, but his photos show a DJI retail package.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Pha ... :g:VGcAAOSwr0ReFPhX

Anyway, it wouldn't really matter as long as the MC works perfectly.  But we won't know that until we link the P2V to the controller.  

So it sounds like your P2V boots up normally, right?  It just ignores the controller.  Correct?  You know exactly how to link the P2V to the controller right?  So what exactly happens when you link the P2V to the controller?  Describe what you do from start to finish?  What exactly does the lamp on the receiver do - from start to finish?  Please be specific.  
2020-1-18
Use props
Enchodus
lvl.2
Jordan

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-18 07:03
That's strange that it did not arrive in a DJI retail package.  I assume the seller is the same guy who is on eBay selling the same thing, described the same, for the same price from the same state, but his photos show a DJI retail package.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Pha ... :g:VGcAAOSwr0ReFPhX

Hi Mark,
I need to mention that I have 4 new motors on drone all 2312 motors, also 4 new ESC's (newer rmodels). The drone before I changed the ESC's would start with the normal DJI chime followed by 3 beeps. After installing the new ESC's, the chime comes on however, no 3 beeps after it. The drone at that point would still respond to controller, however, changing all motors and ESC's did not help resolve the main issue so I bought the supposedly new MC. Regarding linking the controller to the MC, I watched the following youtube filn and did the same however when I brought the sticks together after pairing completed,nothing happened!
2020-1-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

The three bells after the power up indicate original V1 ESCs.  With V2 ESCs, you won't get the three bells.

So you're saying the blinking lamp went out when you turned your controller on - as expected.  But CSC won't start motors.   Sounds like your controller is out of calibration.  
2020-1-19
Use props
Enchodus
lvl.2
Jordan

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-19 04:43
The three bells after the power up indicate original V1 ESCs.  With V2 ESCs, you won't get the three bells.

So you're saying the blinking lamp went out when you turned your controller on - as expected.  But CSC won't start motors.   Sounds like your controller is out of calibration.

I attempted today to calibrate the controller, unfortunately I was not able to, the controls were not responding at all  in DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 . In addition,I was not able to calibrate the Remote  controller linked directly to PC. When the drone (not the RC) is connected to the computer and I attempt to calibrate the RC I keep getting this message, see photo.
2020-1-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Enchodus Posted at 1-20 07:16
I attempted today to calibrate the controller, unfortunately I was not able to, the controls were not responding at all  in DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 . In addition,I was not able to calibrate the Remote  controller linked directly to PC. When the drone (not the RC) is connected to the computer and I attempt to calibrate the RC I keep getting this message, see photo.[view_image]

Read this entire post before doing anything.  Do what you think has the highest chance of solving your problem first.  

See if this video helps you... watch vid and then read description on youtube:

Edit:  Also - I remember at least two maybe three years ago I once had a strange problem with my P2V+ controller and it took me a lot of searching to find the answer.  I was not able to calibrate my controller using the conventional method.  I believe it was this post which finally solved my problem.  

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -calibration.34212/

...and see post #13 here which appears to be where this info originated.  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-3206-1-1.html

2020-1-20
Use props
Enchodus
lvl.2
Jordan

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-20 08:16
Read this entire post before doing anything.  Do what you think has the highest chance of solving your problem first.  

See if this video helps you... watch vid and then read description on youtube:

Many thanks Mark, I will soon try again and get back to you.
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules