Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo product horrible
12Next >
2621 54 2019-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4366d348
lvl.1
United States

Osmo pocket horrible product and service

I bought my osmo pocket beginning of this year and after receiving my product and I’m not able to update the firmware. So i returned to them and they replaced with a new machine. And then this July and when I try to update the firmware again and it can not do it so I returned it AGAIN to DJI and after they fixed it, they mailed it back to me and I provided them the correct address and it delivered to different floor so I did not receive it. It returned to DJi and DJI remail it again to me and now I finally received my product and it totally took one month and now the machine is still not working and i can not charge the osmo pocket using the original charging cable. What a horrible product it is !!!!!!

Anyone can help ?!?!?!
2019-8-6
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

Did you return the entire package to DJI? Did DJI replace the whole package? Or, did they only replace the pocket?

Resending the returned product, DJI seems to be trying to help.

If you were using the original charging cable to update the firmware, and the original charging cable to charge the Pocket, and neither process worked, could it be the original charging cable" that is defective?
USB to USB-C cables are cheap and readily available.

If all fails, you could always send it to me ...

2019-8-6
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

not needed
2019-8-6
Use props
fans4366d348
lvl.1
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-6 17:54
Did you return the entire package to DJI? Did DJI replace the whole package? Or, did they only replace the pocket?

Resending the returned product, DJI seems to be trying to help.

They asked me to return the osmo pocket itself only to them. And I tried the original cable and a google phone cable and both not working !!! I’m tired of the stupid process and they always use the ups ground shipping and it slows as turtle !!! I hate the customer service. I’m afraid if this time I mail it back to them again and wut other part of the machine they will break ????!!!!!
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, the firmware can only be updated via DJI Mimo, it has nothing to do with the charging cable, therefore, the cable was not recommended to send in.
Since the Osmo Pocket can't be charged, did you try with another USB adapter of 5V/2A?
May we also have your previous case number? Thank you in advance.
2019-8-6
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

" I’m tired of the stupid process ... "

Maybe they should send someone out .... ?

Just the way it is ......

Presuming the DJI didn't ship 2 defective Pockets, maybe we should explore other possibilities.

What are you using as a charger?  Did you try with another/different charger @ 5V/2A ?

2019-8-6
Use props
fans4366d348
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-6 19:22
Hello there, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, the firmware can only be updated via DJI Mimo, it has nothing to do with the charging cable, therefore, the cable was not recommended to send in.
Since the Osmo Pocket can't be charged, did you try with another USB adapter of 5V/2A?
May we also have your previous case number? Thank you in advance.

my previous case number is CAS-3230232-B1B0P4 and I tried multiple 5V/2A adapter and all does not work. And when I opened my osmo pocket and I also got the can not focus error. I just want to know what’s going on with my osmo pocket ?
2019-8-7
Use props
fans4366d348
lvl.1
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-6 20:33
" I’m tired of the stupid process ... "

I was using diffferent 5V/2A adapter and both not working . I’m just saying why they can not double test their product before they resending it back to me and also if this thing happen why they still use the ups ground shipping which is the slowest one ?
2019-8-7
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

Unfortunately, much of the time many manufacturers don't fix the item sent in; they will send out a refurbished (already fixed) unit. Possibly, the one they "fixed" was tested of the reported problem, but not for other possible problems.

I would imagine that UPS must be the cheapest. If coming from China, UPS might simply be the last carrier to handle it.

I'm afraid that, barring it finally working on its own, your only option is to ship it back.
Is there, by chance, a DJI reseller you can visit? Maybe they can determine the problem.
2019-8-7
Use props
fans4366d348
lvl.1
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-7 03:12
Unfortunately, much of the time many manufacturers don't fix the item sent in; they will send out a refurbished (already fixed) unit. Possibly, the one they "fixed" was tested of the reported problem, but not for other possible problems.

I would imagine that UPS must be the cheapest. If coming from China, UPS might simply be the last carrier to handle it.

I’m currently in USA and i need to use ups to send it back to their fix center in California which takes a whole week. And they confirmed that they sent me a refurbished one. This is really frustrating that they sent a broken refurbished one
2019-8-7
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

fans4366d348 Posted at 8-7 03:35
I’m currently in USA and i need to use ups to send it back to their fix center in California which takes a whole week. And they confirmed that they sent me a refurbished one. This is really frustrating that they sent a broken refurbished one

Since you are in the States, have you visited a DJI store or reseller? Like I said, maybe there is something they are familiar with.

At the "DJI" stores, here in Bangkok, most of the people are simply into sales. But, I have found a few that are really knowledgeable.
There is even a "service center". However, although there is one great technician, unless it's something simple, that doesn't require a major teardown, they have to send it off to China. With that, we are talking months, not weeks! With the Pocket, it's straight off to China.
In any case, have patience. You seem like a young person. You have plenty of time.

2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4366d348 Posted at 8-7 02:37
my previous case number is CAS-3230232-B1B0P4 and I tried multiple 5V/2A adapter and all does not work. And when I opened my osmo pocket and I also got the can not focus error. I just want to know what’s going on with my osmo pocket ?

The charging failure has been forwarded to the related team to check, we will have someone to contact you soon.
As for the focus issue, did you try to reset the device to have a try? Then please check if the firmware is the latest version. Or please connect to DJI Mimo for more tests.
If there is still no luck, any chance to share us a short video about this issue?
2019-8-7
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-7 03:12
Unfortunately, much of the time many manufacturers don't fix the item sent in; they will send out a refurbished (already fixed) unit. Possibly, the one they "fixed" was tested of the reported problem, but not for other possible problems.

Yeah, a reseller or actual DJI store, if you are near one, could be another option.
2019-8-7
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 8-7 04:05
Since you are in the States, have you visited a DJI store or reseller? Like I said, maybe there is something they are familiar with.

At the "DJI" stores, here in Bangkok, most of the people are simply into sales. But, I have found a few that are really knowledgeable.

I don’t think ‘seeming young’ and ‘ having plenty of time’ is what anyone expects from buying a brand new device, maybe he wants to use it rather than have it away being (not) fixed.  Maybe within a certain timeframe he should get a brand new one and not a (broken) refurbished one. That would be good customer service. There have been several posts complaining about poor service, long delays and generally not standing behind the product. It doesn’t bode well for the rest of us if or when our devices fail.
Anyone can sell an already good product, it takes something extra to stand behind it should it fail.
Just saying, not having a dig at anyone.
2019-8-7
Use props
fans4366d348
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-7 04:15
The charging failure has been forwarded to the related team to check, we will have someone to contact you soon.
As for the focus issue, did you try to reset the device to have a try? Then please check if the firmware is the latest version. Or please connect to DJI Mimo for more tests.
If there is still no luck, any chance to share us a short video about this issue?

The firmware is updated and it's still not working. Add I'm not sure if I send it back to DJI. Will they break other pieces ??? Or is there any store I can bring to fix it. for free because I'm tired of mailing it by UPS ground shipping. super slow
2019-8-7
Use props
fans4366d348
lvl.1
United States

There is no DJI store in States. Either buy it from the DJI website or Bestbuy or Apple store or some other stores. And I checked their website. If I bring it to Recommended Service Center, my warranty will be transferred to the service center which I do not want. So seems like I have no other choice
2019-8-7
Use props
fans4366d348
lvl.1
United States

And also, "Seeming young" and have plenty of time is not the reason that they can provide such poor customer service and I appreciate your reply. But also, I hope they can understand that within half year time and it's going to be the third time sending it back. and I do not think a brand new product suppose to bring to their customer.
2019-8-7
Use props
fans4366d348
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 8-7 05:43
I don’t think ‘seeming young’ and ‘ having plenty of time’ is what anyone expects from buying a brand new device, maybe he wants to use it rather than have it away being (not) fixed.  Maybe within a certain timeframe he should get a brand new one and not a (broken) refurbished one. That would be good customer service. There have been several posts complaining about poor service, long delays and generally not standing behind the product. It doesn’t bode well for the rest of us if or when our devices fail.
Anyone can sell an already good product, it takes something extra to stand behind it should it fail.
Just saying, not having a dig at anyone.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly, the both return events happen before my two holidays, and I never have a chance to use my osmo pocket during my trips. and I also purchased the osmo shield. So I really do not know what gonna happen after the 2 year warranty expires.
2019-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans4366d348 Posted at 8-7 07:58
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly, the both return events happen before my two holidays, and I never have a chance to use my osmo pocket during my trips. and I also purchased the osmo shield. So I really do not know what gonna happen after the 2 year warranty expires.

2 year warranty from dji never heard of that, it looks like you’ve been very unlucky although we may have seen others here with similar problems it just tells us this is where you come when you have problems, I’m not sure why dji don’t have a program where they send you out a replacement and you just return the problem one, for small items this would make sense .
2019-8-7
Use props
nan_in_nyc
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-7 10:46
2 year warranty from dji never heard of that, it looks like you’ve been very unlucky although we may have seen others here with similar problems it just tells us this is where you come when you have problems, I’m not sure why dji don’t have a program where they send you out a replacement and you just return the problem one, for small items this would make sense .

I bought the osmo shield so it will extend the original warranty to an extra year. It's really frustrated to me that the first replacement can not update the firmware and the second replacement one can not charge.
2019-8-7
Use props
MKosmo
First Officer
United Kingdom

nan_in_nyc Posted at 8-7 10:59
I bought the osmo shield so it will extend the original warranty to an extra year. It's really frustrated to me that the first replacement can not update the firmware and the second replacement one can not charge.

That’s really unlucky !  Hope you get a decent one soon, they really are a great bit of kit.

I think the issue of manufacturers sending out refurb repairs is a tricky one. Since if you are an owner that fits screen protectors, keeps it immaculate etc ..... there’s a chance you will get one in lesser condition. I know GoPro do the same.  Personally I think since there’s been a failure due to Manufacturing/ test a new one should be sent out.  
2019-8-7
Use props
nan_in_nyc
lvl.1
United States

MKosmo Posted at 8-7 12:19
That’s really unlucky !  Hope you get a decent one soon, they really are a great bit of kit.

I think the issue of manufacturers sending out refurb repairs is a tricky one. Since if you are an owner that fits screen protectors, keeps it immaculate etc ..... there’s a chance you will get one in lesser condition. I know GoPro do the same.  Personally I think since there’s been a failure due to Manufacturing/ test a new one should be sent out.

exactly. I think they are not fully tested their product before they sending it out. TBH I feel google and Apple do better customer service in USA here.
2019-8-8
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

nan_in_nyc Posted at 8-8 02:37
exactly. I think they are not fully tested their product before they sending it out. TBH I feel google and Apple do better customer service in USA here.

When DJI gets as big as two of the biggest companies in the world, they may find it easier to hand out product like a drunken sailor.

I am an Apple fan. However, I have had Apple take months to resolve an issue. It eventually got worked out. But it was a lengthy goat ropin'. And, in the end, it was more a work-around than a fix.

2019-8-8
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

fans4366d348 Posted at 8-7 07:53
There is no DJI store in States. Either buy it from the DJI website or Bestbuy or Apple store or some other stores. And I checked their website. If I bring it to Recommended Service Center, my warranty will be transferred to the service center which I do not want. So seems like I have no other choice

I'm sorry about your osmo pocket and I do hope DJI can work with you and resolve this asap.  Since you mentioned Best Buy, as far as extended warranties go, I never have issues with them.  They do all the testing for me and if they can't fix something they either replace it with a new one or give you store credit.  You pay more their protection plans but it's worth it.  I like DJI, but I don't like the fact that they make it so complicated to replace an item at least based on my experience.  Til this day, they haven't replaced my faulty mic adapter.  They keep asking for a video of the issue, which I sent them and never got a response.  Not to mention, this mic issue was a known issue well documented by many people and still DJI asks me for proof.  They should be more proactive and just ask you to send it back and have them deal with it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of DJI but I do wish customer service didn't make it so hard for consumers to prove that you are having an issue with their product.   
2019-8-8
Use props
nan_in_nyc
lvl.1
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-8 04:17
When DJI gets as big as two of the biggest companies in the world, they may find it easier to hand out product like a drunken sailor.

I am an Apple fan. However, I have had Apple take months to resolve an issue. It eventually got worked out. But it was a lengthy goat ropin'. And, in the end, it was more a work-around than a fix.

Sorry to hear that. I have good experience going to apple store. Maybe you can try that in future. But I feel that DJI should have more stores at least in big cities in the world so that can fix things quicker. making exchange and repair faster.
2019-8-8
Use props
nan_in_nyc
lvl.1
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 8-8 05:59
I'm sorry about your osmo pocket and I do hope DJI can work with you and resolve this asap.  Since you mentioned Best Buy, as far as extended warranties go, I never have issues with them.  They do all the testing for me and if they can't fix something they either replace it with a new one or give you store credit.  You pay more their protection plans but it's worth it.  I like DJI, but I don't like the fact that they make it so complicated to replace an item at least based on my experience.  Til this day, they haven't replaced my faulty mic adapter.  They keep asking for a video of the issue, which I sent them and never got a response.  Not to mention, this mic issue was a known issue well documented by many people and still DJI asks me for proof.  They should be more proactive and just ask you to send it back and have them deal with it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of DJI but I do wish customer service didn't make it so hard for consumers to prove that you are having an issue with their product.

I'm totally agree with you. I bought my product from DJI website. Actually I was thinking if I buy it from bestbuy. if it has any issues, should I handle it to DJI or Bestbuy ?

2019-8-8
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

nan_in_nyc Posted at 8-8 07:31
I'm totally agree with you. I bought my product from DJI website. Actually I was thinking if I buy it from bestbuy. if it has any issues, should I handle it to DJI or Bestbuy ?

If you buy something from Best Buy and you get their extended protection plan, you can deal directly with them.  Now if you didn't buy the extended warranty from Best Buy, they will ask you to contact the manufacturer in this case DJI.  Now, If you have issues from day one, Best Buy allows you to return the item within 15- 45 days from the date of purchase in some cases depending if you're an Elite member.  I don't want this to be a commercial for BB, just wish DJI had better ways to deal with returns.      
2019-8-8
Use props
nan_in_nyc
lvl.1
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 8-8 07:46
If you buy something from Best Buy and you get their extended protection plan, you can deal directly with them.  Now if you didn't buy the extended warranty from Best Buy, they will ask you to contact the manufacturer in this case DJI.  Now, If you have issues from day one, Best Buy allows you to return the item within 15- 45 days from the date of purchase in some cases depending if you're an Elite member.  I don't want this to be a commercial for BB, just wish DJI had better ways to deal with returns.

So means if I buy stuff from bestbuy and buy their warranty and they will take care of my product. and if that the case, then no need to buy the dji shield then. Thanks a lot
2019-8-8
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

nan_in_nyc Posted at 8-8 11:10
So means if I buy stuff from bestbuy and buy their warranty and they will take care of my product. and if that the case, then no need to buy the dji shield then. Thanks a lot

The thing is, in your situation, I believe you are beyond the return period. That means You would be taking it in for repair.

If it is a hardware issue, you would deal with Best Buy. They, in turn, would deal with DJI. I seriously doubt that Best Buy has the parts or expertise to deal with it. Upon its return to them, they may check to confirm the reported problem was resolved. But, I doubt they would run it trough all its paces.

Although you are dissatisfied with the wait, you are, at least, cutting out the middleman.
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Joemar7 Posted at 8-8 05:59
I'm sorry about your osmo pocket and I do hope DJI can work with you and resolve this asap.  Since you mentioned Best Buy, as far as extended warranties go, I never have issues with them.  They do all the testing for me and if they can't fix something they either replace it with a new one or give you store credit.  You pay more their protection plans but it's worth it.  I like DJI, but I don't like the fact that they make it so complicated to replace an item at least based on my experience.  Til this day, they haven't replaced my faulty mic adapter.  They keep asking for a video of the issue, which I sent them and never got a response.  Not to mention, this mic issue was a known issue well documented by many people and still DJI asks me for proof.  They should be more proactive and just ask you to send it back and have them deal with it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of DJI but I do wish customer service didn't make it so hard for consumers to prove that you are having an issue with their product.

Hi Joemar7, sorry to hear your experience, where did you send the video to? I checked the email record with your Forum account, the last response is our support asked for more details such as the firmware, SN on Apr 18, and you didn't reply.
If you contact our support via other platforms, please let us know so that we can help. Thank you.
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4366d348 Posted at 8-7 07:49
The firmware is updated and it's still not working. Add I'm not sure if I send it back to DJI. Will they break other pieces ??? Or is there any store I can bring to fix it. for free because I'm tired of mailing it by UPS ground shipping. super slow

I see our manager has contacted you and provided the expedited shipping label to send in again, we will inform the repair center to take care of it this time, hope you will get it back soon.
2019-8-8
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Osmo Pocket by itself is a great product but when people try and do too much that's when the product becomes a bit overwhelming and impractical...
2019-8-9
Use props
nan_in_nyc
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-8 21:12
I see our manager has contacted you and provided the expedited shipping label to send in again, we will inform the repair center to take care of it this time, hope you will get it back soon.

Yeah. I received the manager email and he provided me the expedited shipping label to send it again and I wish this time when it return back to me. No more issues.
2019-8-9
Use props
nan_in_nyc
lvl.1
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-9 00:08
The Osmo Pocket by itself is a great product but when people try and do too much that's when the product becomes a bit overwhelming and impractical...

I'm not sure what do you mean by "when people try and do too much " ? sorry about my english not that good. Do you mind explain more so that I can understand ? thanks a lot
2019-8-9
Use props
nan_in_nyc
lvl.1
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-8 14:52
The thing is, in your situation, I believe you are beyond the return period. That means You would be taking it in for repair.

If it is a hardware issue, you would deal with Best Buy. They, in turn, would deal with DJI. I seriously doubt that Best Buy has the parts or expertise to deal with it. Upon its return to them, they may check to confirm the reported problem was resolved. But, I doubt they would run it trough all its paces.

I see. Now I understand. Thanks for your explanation.
2019-8-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear you're having hassles, think that as Curt 1591 has suggested, it would be unlikely for you to receive two faulty Osmo pockets! One suggestion, and appreciate that you may have already tried this, but there are a few less than great SD cards out there, so maybe, if you have another card, just trying the process with another? Good luck!
2019-8-9
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

nan_in_nyc Posted at 8-9 05:30
I'm not sure what do you mean by "when people try and do too much " ? sorry about my english not that good. Do you mind explain more so that I can understand ? thanks a lot

Try and do too much is what I associate people who purchase the Osmo Pocket expecting it to replace and double as a professional film studio complete with every known add-on where the gimbal now is virtually integrated into a myriad of devices that it was likely unintended for and people eventually become frustrated attempting to learn this out for themselves....
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nan_in_nyc Posted at 8-9 05:29
Yeah. I received the manager email and he provided me the expedited shipping label to send it again and I wish this time when it return back to me. No more issues.

OK, please feel free to keep me updated if you need any further assistance.
2019-8-10
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

nan_in_nyc Posted at 8-9 05:29

Seems like DJI is going the extra mile to try to accommodate you.

Unfortunately, they are now stuck with a thread entitled "Osmo product horrible" ....  
2019-8-10
Use props
MKosmo
First Officer
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-9 19:27
Try and do too much is what I associate people who purchase the Osmo Pocket expecting it to replace and double as a professional film studio complete with every known add-on where the gimbal now is virtually integrated into a myriad of devices that it was likely unintended for and people eventually become frustrated attempting to learn this out for themselves....

The poster has not mentioned any add on, simply an osmo pocket that does not charge.
2019-8-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules