2663 58 2019-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i just ordered mavic 2 pro refurb on DJI store (this site) because i had over $50 of credits built up from my points here..   
i have a couple questions because all of the answers i got from dji live chat and website was genaric.

1.  how long will my order be proccessing for before shipping?  i ordered kinda late: around 8pm eastern.. its progressed to "proccessing" on the website and "awaiting shipment" on the app store app.

2. what is the average shipping time within the US, i heard DJI has 2 warehouses in he US, im on the east coast.  i attempted to get expidited delivery however appears DJI ony offers "free" option which isnt the fastest i assume.

3.  is there any way i can arrange a delivery time or upgrade shipping?  i would prefer to have early AM delivery (at or before 10AM) because i will be avaible to sign 100% but afternoons i maybe working or just not around when delivery happens.. dji support agent  (live chat) seemed little confused and unable to do much for me, he could only report what he saw on his end..
2019-8-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

usually when I order from DJI it usually take about two weeks to get my order. I'm on
the west coast. when the Goggles re's first came out , it took nearly a month, but thats been
almost two years ago. I have not seen anywhere on the site where you can expedite or rush delivery.
If you'r wondering my last DJI order was when they restocked the batteries and charging port for the
osmo action camera, That was about two months ago.
2019-8-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 8-6 20:09
usually when I order from DJI it usually take about two weeks to get my order. I'm on
the west coast. when the Goggles re's first came out , it took nearly a month, but thats been
almost two years ago. I have not seen anywhere on the site where you can expedite or rush delivery.

Wow that amount of time is nearly unacceptable. This is my first Large order on DJI’s site so I was hoping for better.  

Side note: I learned the two warehouses are in Cali and Georgia

the agent also told me that my order will leave the warehouse no later than August 16th and should arrive within 3 days however could take up to 5.  I also could not request a specific courier which is upsetting because UPS here has gotten progressively worse  in my area To the point where they are the worst possible choice.. destroyed packages, late deliveries both days late and physically end of the day when they decide..   good news is 3 out of 10 packages they go through UPS make it here intact and within reasonable hour..  so if no choice and UPS is what DJI picks there’s a 30% chance everything will work out okay. 30% is better than nothing still rather fedex or even post office..
2019-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats on the new drone - enjoy and hope it arrives soon
2019-8-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-6 21:59
Many congrats on the new drone - enjoy and hope it arrives soon

Thanks! I’m
Really excited!
2019-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-7 01:50
Thanks! I’m
Really excited!

It is an amazing little drone.
2019-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good luck with your M2P I’m sure you’ll love it.
There should be a shipping time on the website and that’s usually the best guide .
2019-8-7
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice and enjoy HereForTheBeer !

In terms of delivery, my latest purchase took about 3-4 days to be delivered. On the site I clearly chose no signature required but guess what, I still had to be present to sign the package (for a Tello? gimme me a break lol)

By the way you did much better than me on the credits for the M2P, I was only able to squeeze out a Tello. Well then again I've dried up the well of pts.
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi HereForTheBeer, we managed to get your order number via your Forum account, here are brief answers to your questions.
1.  how long will my order be proccessing for before shipping?
Your order is estimated to be shipped in 3-5 business days after payment confirmation. We will send you email with the tracking number once it is shipped.

2. what is the average shipping time within the US?
It usually takes 3-5 business days to ship and deliver the package when it starts shipping from the warehouse.

3.  is there any way i can arrange a delivery time or upgrade shipping?
Orders from North America usually will be shipped by FedEx and DHL, please contact them to arrange the delivery time when it begins to deliver.

2019-8-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-7 04:50
Hi HereForTheBeer, we managed to get your order number via your Forum account, here are brief answers to your questions.
1.  how long will my order be proccessing for before shipping?
Your order is estimated to be shipped in 3-5 business days after payment confirmation. We will send you email with the tracking number once it is shipped.

thanks for clear response.  

oof.. so saying that its 3-5 days to just get shipped then another 3-5 days to get to me..  ?

also please do not do DHL or UPS.. if you can put that in a note or something...
2019-8-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 8-7 04:08
Nice and enjoy HereForTheBeer !

In terms of delivery, my latest purchase took about 3-4 days to be delivered. On the site I clearly chose no signature required but guess what, I still had to be present to sign the package (for a Tello? gimme me a break lol)

i dont think i was given a choice for signed or unsigned delivery...   or i missed it if i did....well either way the day it is out for delivery ill just frmly plant myself by the door with a bottle to pee in it if i have to so i wont miss it..
2019-8-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

3-5 days after payment is confirmed and 3-5 day to ship sounds like two weeks to me. just saying
2019-8-7
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-7 05:23
i dont think i was given a choice for signed or unsigned delivery...   or i missed it if i did....well either way the day it is out for delivery ill just frmly plant myself by the door with a bottle to pee in it if i have to so i wont miss it..

At check out it was pre-filled for "No signature needed" but upon Fed Ex arrival they wanted a signature? Go figure.
2019-8-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 8-7 05:40
3-5 days after payment is confirmed and 3-5 day to ship sounds like two weeks to me. just saying

ya kinda does..  but not always depends when it ships...if it ships.  DJI takes forever to process orders, too long IMO, mine is still processing.

i know they dont count weekends but usually packages still moving once they are in the system as long as are in transit when the weekend hits and between point A and B they keep moving.  

2019-8-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 8-7 06:12

At check out it was pre-filled for "No signature needed" but upon Fed Ex arrival they wanted a signature? Go figure.

i dont think i was given the option which honestly i dont know if i would prefer or not....   i mean signature means they have to commit to it a bit more and can offer some additional error checking if people actually read who addressed to first incase they made mistake of dropping it at the wrong address.   but it also means i have to commit to it as well for the 20 nanoseconds that UPS/Fedex guys wait for so i dont miss it..
2019-8-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ugh, support agent told me my projected date for when my mavic 2 will be shipped is august 13th ...  someone please kill me..  that is exactly 1 week from when i ordered to when they handing it to a courrier..
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-7 05:21
thanks for clear response.  

oof.. so saying that its 3-5 days to just get shipped then another 3-5 days to get to me..  ?

Sorry that the courier cannot be selected, we need time to ship and deliver, appreciate your patience and understanding.
2019-8-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-9 00:11
Sorry that the courier cannot be selected, we need time to ship and deliver, appreciate your patience and understanding.

do you know when my mavic 2 will ship?
2019-8-9
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-9 06:52

Didn't support tell you the 13th?
2019-8-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 8-9 07:40
Didn't support tell you the 13th?

ya but they keep changing they minds everytime i contact them it seems.  i was optimistic until i started to dabble in the idea of contacting them several times in a row and see what they say.. i gotten all sorts of dates so my confidence is down, seems like they may not know and just guessing :/
2019-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-9 07:54
ya but they keep changing they minds everytime i contact them it seems.  i was optimistic until i started to dabble in the idea of contacting them several times in a row and see what they say.. i gotten all sorts of dates so my confidence is down, seems like they may not know and just guessing :/

They best thing to do with dji sales is simply read what they advertise, if it’s 4/7 days for shipping it’s most likely it will ship on the 7th day if it ships earlier then you should be happy 99% of orders ship in the time frame set down in their advert, so don’t know why anyone needs to contact anyone until 7th day passes and doing so only confuses the matter.
All I can tell you is in the last 3 years everything I purchased from dji has arrived on time or before time .
2019-8-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-9 08:25
They best thing to do with dji sales is simply read what they advertise, if it’s 4/7 days for shipping it’s most likely it will ship on the 7th day if it ships earlier then you should be happy 99% of orders ship in the time frame set down in their advert, so don’t know why anyone needs to contact anyone until 7th day passes and doing so only confuses the matter.
All I can tell you is in the last 3 years everything I purchased from dji has arrived on time or before time .

when i was placing my order it was telling me "orders ship within 1 day of payment"  but after i completed my order my thing says 3-5 days   ;/
2019-8-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they ship FedEx, as they did with mine, you can log onto FedEx and select no signature required or leave it to pick-up at say Walgreens but if it gets stolen you are on your own.
2019-8-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-9 08:28
If they ship FedEx, as they did with mine, you can log onto FedEx and select no signature required or leave it to pick-up at say Walgreens but if it gets stolen you are on your own.

no i want it to arrive at my door, but not require my every millisecond of attention incase they arrive when i have to use bathroom or something..  i already loged into fedex to see my preferances but looks like i need to set it when i get package in my tracking profile.

i live in a very safe area, packages get left at doors all the time and i even leave my doors unlock half the time when around town..  
2019-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-9 08:28
when i was placing my order it was telling me "orders ship within 1 day of payment"  but after i completed my order my thing says 3-5 days   ;/

Well if that’s the case Maybe delivery is 3/5 days it’s only been 3 days since you ordered. I also think it says on website 1 day AFTER PAYMENT IS CLEARED so no need to be panicking if it arrives next Tuesday or Wednesday it will be very quick .
2019-8-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-9 08:37
Well if that’s the case Maybe delivery is 3/5 days it’s only been 3 days since you ordered. I also think it says on website 1 day AFTER PAYMENT IS CLEARED so no need to be panicking if it arrives next Tuesday or Wednesday it will be very quick .

my payment was confirmed nnd cleared nearly instantly (according to DJI's own tracking system).   within an hour i got notification that my order was now processing.   but been sitting there doing nothing.

i know when i was checking out it said 1 day after payment, cleared or confirmed doesn't matter, however once i finished the transaction and was given an order number on tracking page it showed 3-5 days   felt baited..
been this way since i paid:  

Payment Status: Pay Confirmed
Shipping Status: Pending
Shipping Company: Tba
Tracking Number:

2019-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-9 08:46
my payment was confirmed nnd cleared nearly instantly (according to DJI's own tracking system).   within an hour i got notification that my order was now processing.   but been sitting there doing nothing.

i know when i was checking out it said 1 day after payment, cleared or confirmed doesn't matter, however once i finished the transaction and was given an order number on tracking page it showed 3-5 days   felt baited..

Well if it arrives to you by next Tuesday or Wednesday then it’s almost certain to be on time.

If you order of an evening and remember time difference then you have to allow at least 1 full day which is the next day, then it ships on the 3rd day which is in effect 1 day, it takes 3 days to ship so I’m not sure why you think your being duped , always find it a lot less stressful to wait the time out and let them do their processing, complain if it’s late not until then .
2019-8-9
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-9 08:33
no i want it to arrive at my door, but not require my every millisecond of attention incase they arrive when i have to use bathroom or something..  i already loged into fedex to see my preferances but looks like i need to set it when i get package in my tracking profile.

i live in a very safe area, packages get left at doors all the time and i even leave my doors unlock half the time when around town..
i live in a very safe area, packages get left at doors all the time  and i even leave my doors unlock half the time when around town..
Hey, I would to love to live in "Mayberry" these days, but I live in the "Land of Unicorns and Rainbows", so that's not doable.

But as to DJI "delivery" "promises/statements", it's always been that way. Whether they get your payment today, or yesterday, it ships when they ship it. Period.

That's why I would use either Best Buy, or Amazon. No "in stock/out stock issues, you can see if it will ship immediatly. Besides, the return policy is a breeze if you have any issues.

Even if it's just a "Bad Hair Day"!!
2019-8-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 8-9 09:23
i live in a very safe area, packages get left at doors all the time  and i even leave my doors unlock half the time when around town..
Hey, I would to love to live in "Mayberry" these days, but I live in the "Land of Unicorns and Rainbows", so that's not doable.

i checked amazon no refurbished mavic 2 pros and cheapest was $1300 (not counting tax or shipping)  and plus i had over $50 of points i redeemed from these forums to use on DJI products.   my total was just a tiny bit over $1200 with tax.  

and my area is legit safe, LOL packages go untouched all the time, people here seem to respect things a bit... that being said 10 minute drive away and i wouldnt even leave my car unlocked because sketch people but they dont seem to wonder out this way and bother us.
2019-8-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-9 08:33

It's always like that when buying something new that you want but later on it stays as a paper weight more often.
2019-8-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-9 11:13
It's always like that when buying something new that you want but later on it stays as a paper weight more often.

ya some stuff i have owned like that where super excited may even lost a night of sleep night before delivery cuz im hyped but a few weeks later it doesn't do much for me.     but not so much with drones, i fly these things all the time... any chance i gotten, sometimes even when/where prob shouldn't have..like in the wet or at night..
2019-8-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-9 11:24
ya some stuff i have owned like that where super excited may even lost a night of sleep night before delivery cuz im hyped but a few weeks later it doesn't do much for me.     but not so much with drones, i fly these things all the time... any chance i gotten, sometimes even when/where prob shouldn't have..like in the wet or at night..

Yeah, with the drones now I just do whatever in the air for fun.
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-9 06:52

3-5 business days after the payment confirmation means it is supposed to be shipped by 13, August if everything goes smoothly.
2019-8-10
Use props
TechTuna
lvl.1

India

Many many congrats for you new drone hope we will see awesome footage's from your end.  
2019-8-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TechTuna Posted at 8-10 03:44
Many many congrats for you new drone hope we will see awesome footage's from your end.

thanks and ill probably post a few things i have soe ideas
2019-8-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-10 01:49
3-5 business days after the payment confirmation means it is supposed to be shipped by 13, August if everything goes smoothly.

lets hope it arrives quickly, i am excited to go fly it plus i have a little mini vacation coming up next month
2019-8-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-10 07:51
lets hope it arrives quickly, i am excited to go fly it plus i have a little mini vacation coming up next month

It will arrive mate - with a combination of excitement and frustration in the interim
2019-8-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-10 01:49

mindy, i been having fights with dji's support team, they are truely trash!.  i contacted live chat this morning curious if everything is golden.. and see if i could get shipping upgraded.  

1st guy told me its delayed cuz of demand and blah blah something bout a 3 yr old phantom battery and a headphone jack plug  (copy and paste template BS) which is BS cuz i already placed my order anyway..  so i give little bit of time and contacted live chat again and someone told me that 14th it ship out cuz 3-5 days and i ordered the 7th ..clearly i didn't do.. but he saying on hi end of status check that my order isnt to be shipped today..

i spoken to 2 supervisors on the phone over the last few days (probably 2 more today) cuz something seems wrong..  both times both supervisors confirmed 13th and upped my priority as high as they could (allegedly) and confirmed the 6th i paid and things were completed on my end.  both confirmed compensation if not out by the 13th and when i checked with support agents today about what that compensation maybe they cluelss to that promise ever happening..
2019-8-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

so update on the situation, spoke with another supervisor who tried working with some even higher up people to sort out getting me a mavic 2 pro shipped (they failed to meet shipment commitment after prioritizing my order for me) and i find this experience has been extremely disappointing as best i can say, but even possibly concerning as well.     right now "sometime next week, they should have a unit to ship" is what i was told and they couldn't even promise to expedite shipping.... near complete lack of commitment and is completely inexcusable and frankly some of the worst customer service i ever experienced.. add that their "compensation" was frankly insulting at best, $15 dji store credit...  that's just insulting says they not taking this situation seriously.      

the only reason i have elected to not refund my money and move on is because it would likely take a week for that to process as well, so either way my hands are tied behind my back..    i requested that see about upgrading me to new unit instead since those appear to be instock and most retailers i encountered if they fail to meet a commitment they made with a customer will just upgrade that customer to save faith and hopefully retain a relationship with that customer, however i was told that this is extremely unlikely..
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-14 11:36
so update on the situation, spoke with another supervisor who tried working with some even higher up people to sort out getting me a mavic 2 pro shipped (they failed to meet shipment commitment after prioritizing my order for me) and i find this experience has been extremely disappointing as best i can say, but even possibly concerning as well.     right now "sometime next week, they should have a unit to ship" is what i was told and they couldn't even promise to expedite shipping.... near complete lack of commitment and is completely inexcusable and frankly some of the worst customer service i ever experienced.. add that their "compensation" was frankly insulting at best, $15 dji store credit...  that's just insulting says they not taking this situation seriously.      

the only reason i have elected to not refund my money and move on is because it would likely take a week for that to process as well, so either way my hands are tied behind my back..    i requested that see about upgrading me to new unit instead since those appear to be instock and most retailers i encountered if they fail to meet a commitment they made with a customer will just upgrade that customer to save faith and hopefully retain a relationship with that customer, however i was told that this is extremely unlikely..

Sorry for the late response and the inconvenience caused because of the delay, I have also confirmed with the sales team that it is out of stock in the local warehouse temporarily, they are working on it and it is estimated to be shipped next week.
We are terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support, which has been forwarded to the management department for attention, we will verify and keep improving our customer service.
2019-8-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules