Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
#Summer of Love - 7 Unique Stories in 29 Days
12Next >
28519 61 2019-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raincast
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello drone friends!

I present to you the Almighty Original Mavic Pro featured in 5 UNIQUE ENGAGEMENTS, 1 WEDDING and
1 BONUS in the form of 7 Videos, 24 Screenshots and 23 Tips. Themes include:
1. Glacial Lake / Falls     
2. Fishing
3. Baseball                     4. Traditional Chinese Wedding
5. Lakeside Ice Cream     6. Boardwalk
7. BONUS

Lastly, the screenshots are only a glimpse of all the drone clips in the videos. All short films but one are unpaid and simply my passion projects, so I'd really appreciate a quick watch of the videos. Thank you!

Which one is your favourite? I hope you will find these tips useful in your aerial journeys, and that you enjoy these adorable couples as well!

| GLACIAL LAKE & FALLS |

B.jpg A.jpg D.jpg C.jpg E.jpg
1. We filmed pretty late at 6PM on a Monday since days are longer during summer here. Find the ideal times to fly so you can avoid crowds of tourists and campers; go on weekdays if possible.
2. Tilting and reveal shots are awesome for wide landscapes.
3. Be sure to inform surrounding people that you will be flying your drone. I always ask for permission regardless, and most of them are pretty curious to see my monitor/phone.
4. You will need ND filters for sweeping landscapes of varying exposure levels. Invest in one, they'll probably last longer than any other accessory!

| FISHING & BEERS |

F.jpg I.jpg H.jpg G.jpg
1. In order for me to NOT be in the boat during all the drone shots, I lifted off from the dock and got them to "pretend" fish not too far from me. All drone shots were then inserted between my ground clips to make it seem like they happened altogether.
2. I don't really advise lifting off from a boat, although I'm sure we've all done that before. DJI's RTH is pretty accurate but you just don't know how the drone will react to water reflections when it tries to land/hover.
3. There are a few Youtube videos on hand-catching your drone. Dragon7 posted a really thorough guide last week. It is good to learn in case of emergency but is not recommended for longevity of your drone.

| BASEBALL & PUB |

J.jpg K.jpg L.jpg
1. Advise your subjects to exaggerate their movements so viewers can still make out a story/sequence while watching your drone clips.
2. With field sports, you'll want your drone high enough to see the ball's full movement. Top-down and symmetrical shots work pretty well.
3. You can shoot in 4k for better detail, and 30fps would give you a slight slow-motion clip when converting to 24fps.

| TRADITIONAL CHINESE WEDDING |

M.jpg N.jpg O.jpg
1. Communicate with the photographers so they can work around your drone's view and not be in the shot.
2. For the venue shots, I flew my drone the day before the wedding day just in case it rains or I'm short on time (both happened that day!). Each drone clip needs prep to safely shoot so time yourself wisely.
3. Plan your move before you fly and take safe back-up shots in case your first shot has problems you realize during the edit.

| LAKESIDE & ICE CREAM |

P.jpg Q.jpg R.jpg
1. Swaying boats can be unpredictable so keep a good margin away from them. Establish a safe and comfortable vertical height before you start shooting.
2. Certain walkways and boardwalks on docks float around so you can't check IMU sensors pre-flight due to movement. It may be safer to launch from a wider piece of land for precise IMU values and easier drone auto-landing.
3. Some drone flyers have had issues hovering above water due to downward sensors analyzing water surfaces so stay cautious. At the same time, hovering close to the water surface makes for some epic drone shots!

| BOARDWALK BUBBLES |

S.jpg T.jpg U.jpg
1. Surrounding birds are usually pretty tame around your drone but I have had an instance before where a goose decided to ram into my drone. Maintain a good visual of your drone for emergency evasions.
2. Narrow boardwalks are tough to shoot with ground gear; this is where your drone really shines!
3. The downside to boardwalks - it limits the paths that other people can take. Be considerate to others who will potentially cross paths with your drone and always prioritize safety over a fancy shot.

| BONUS: BMW M3 CAR SHOW |

Sequence 01.00_03_53_19.Still010.jpg Sequence 01.00_07_58_15.Still009.jpg
1. Don't fly too high up so the vehicle won't look like a toy. Find a location that vehicles don't frequent so you'll have the road all to yourself.
2. Some motion blur is key to avoid choppy jitters from your moving object. Smooth motion is hard, however, since you may have to speed up your drone shots to sell the speed of the vehicle.
3. We are always wary of metallic bridges and similar sources of electromagnetic interference, but also consider hidden objects such as underground pipes. Because we picked a non-ideal location with strong ground interference, I don't have any shots closer to the ground/vehicle.
4. It was our very first shoot so I went with safe shots. If you want to go all-out or have a crew to operate an Inspire, watch all of DJI's WRC videos!

If you got this far, I'm impressed! Thank you so much for your time!

E-Session YT.00_00_05_06.Still004.jpg
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

stunning works, each of them is great! Congratulation to those happy couples. The last one about the car is great too. Thanks for sharing.
2019-8-8
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Awesome thread! Very nice works, thanks for sharing
2019-8-9
Use props
Gama-gama
lvl.1

Canada

Great variety of projects you got here!
2019-8-9
Use props
Peaches18
lvl.2

Canada

I love the lakes, and baseball, and boardwalks, and the car!
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We really admire you for sharing your wonderful video and photos here. Well done and Fly safely. Cheers!
2019-8-9
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Panda Posted at 8-8 22:13
stunning works, each of them is great! Congratulation to those happy couples. The last one about the car is great too. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, thanks for taking time to watch! Apart from the wedding, they're all unpaid passion projects so I really appreciate you checking them out DJI Panda!
2019-8-9
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Awesome work. A great set of projects.
2019-8-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent thread - good work!
2019-8-10
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Good work, well done......
2019-8-10
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-9 09:23
Hi, there. We really admire you for sharing your wonderful video and photos here. Well done and Fly safely. Cheers!

Thank you for checking it out! These free projects are worth it when people appreciate them.
2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Raincast Posted at 8-9 13:54
Wow, thanks for taking time to watch! Apart from the wedding, they're all unpaid passion projects so I really appreciate you checking them out DJI Panda!

You are welcome! I am so enjoyable to watch all the videos, thanks for sharing. ;)
2019-8-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice set of advices with supporting videography. I think I meet you in Edmonton at boardwalk parking lot while you've been waiting for clients, and we've got pleasant conversation about things involved, drones and cameras. Nice filming at Hwy 11 near Kootenay Plains, perfect place for such project. Keep up good work!
2019-8-11
Use props
o_laparoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Really cool Photos and Videos man! Nice entry on the #Summer event
2019-8-12
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-11 21:31
Nice set of advices with supporting videography. I think I meet you in Edmonton at boardwalk parking lot while you've been waiting for clients, and we've got pleasant conversation about things involved, drones and cameras. Nice filming at Hwy 11 near Kootenay Plains, perfect place for such project. Keep up good work!

Of course I remember you, Mr. DIY with an Inspire. How's the panorama update? I still got your e-mail too.

Thank you for looking into my works!
2019-8-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Raincast Posted at 8-12 19:42
Of course I remember you, Mr. DIY with an Inspire. How's the panorama update? I still got your e-mail too.

Thank you for looking into my works!

I'm on a summer trip right now, shooting landscapes in BC here and there. Thankfully weather is cooperating by far, wildfire smoke is not the issue this year. Let's stay in touch, maybe we can learn something from each other ? ...
2019-8-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Amazing amount of work,very nice,  I especially like the use of the coloured smoke.
2019-8-13
Use props
Jorick Heesen
New

Love the stories..
2019-8-13
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-12 20:05
I'm on a summer trip right now, shooting landscapes in BC here and there. Thankfully weather is cooperating by far, wildfire smoke is not the issue this year. Let's stay in touch, maybe we can learn something from each other ? ...

Nice! You won't run out of good spots in BC! When are you coming back?
2019-8-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Raincast Posted at 8-13 19:02
Nice! You won't run out of good spots in BC! When are you coming back?

No precise plans, but usually end of August is enough to me. Nights are too cold for camping in Rockies ...
2019-8-13
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

maddox Posted at 8-9 03:17
Awesome thread! Very nice works, thanks for sharing

Thank you, maddox! Glad you enjoyed it!
2019-8-14
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Gama-gama Posted at 8-9 05:52
Great variety of projects you got here!

Thanks! I try to make each engagement as unique and personalized as I can.
2019-8-15
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Excellent set here,especially the Chinese traditional Wedding.
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Raincast Posted at 8-11 07:08
Thank you for checking it out! These free projects are worth it when people appreciate them.

It's my pleasure, Sir and we do really appreciate these wonderful works of yours. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-8-15
Use props
fanseda2e767
New
Canada

Love this vid
2019-8-15
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Raincast Posted at 8-14 08:18
Thank you, maddox! Glad you enjoyed it!

You're welcome
2019-8-16
Use props
Johnny Segarra
New

United States

When you're someone you love every days a vacation.
2019-8-16
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

A J Posted at 8-10 09:15
Excellent thread - good work!

Thank you for the support, boss AJ! Glad you like them!
2019-8-16
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Peaches18 Posted at 8-9 07:44
I love the lakes, and baseball, and boardwalks, and the car!

Thank you for stopping by!
2019-8-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Raincast Posted at 8-16 21:51
Thank you for the support, boss AJ! Glad you like them!

You're welcome
2019-8-16
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ShermanFlyer Posted at 8-10 03:49
Awesome work. A great set of projects.

Thanks for checking in and stopping by, really appreciate it!
2019-8-17
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Raincast Posted at 8-17 05:07
Thanks for checking in and stopping by, really appreciate it!

You're very welcome
2019-8-17
Use props
winkiel82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3949022 ft
Poland

Amazing work!
2019-8-17
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Toedles Posted at 8-10 19:28
Good work, well done......

Thank you very much!
2019-8-17
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Raincast Posted at 8-17 21:59
Thank you very much!

You’re welcome...
2019-8-17
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-13 19:50
No precise plans, but usually end of August is enough to me. Nights are too cold for camping in Rockies ...

I'm jealous! I've just been too busy, wish I have time for a vacation this year. Have fun over there!
2019-8-18
Use props
Peaches18
lvl.2

Canada

Raincast Posted at 8-16 21:55
Thank you for stopping by!

You are welcome!
2019-8-18
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 8-13 00:46
Amazing amount of work,very nice,  I especially like the use of the coloured smoke.

Fun and exhausting for sure, especially the editing! I was working my full-time job too lol

Thanks!
2019-8-18
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3
Malta

Wonderful Work, congratulations to all the lovely couples.
2019-8-19
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Thank you! I try to make unique short stories for each one.
2019-8-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules