DJI Spark range problem
4177 33 2019-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruudy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118 ft

Netherlands

I have a problem with my Spark, all calibrations are fine, settings are as far as I can see correct, flying with the remote and DJI Go 4 app I lose connection to the Spark at 100 meters.
I live in Europe and the range should be about 500meters

I see that connection is on 5.8ghz

DJI support is no help, anyone here can help or had the same problem??.

Well great news, problem solved. My android phone was getting even worse, and on 2.4ghz wifi it would lose the signal, dropt out of wifi, and could not  find the remotes wifi, and this on the flying field without interference.
I decided to use my Apple Air Tablet, what a pleasure over 700meters range, no video dropouts or lag, this without OTG cable. So problem solved.   DJI is not friendly to Android phones  My phone has all the specs that is required for the DJI Spark, it worked fine for a year, not any more.

Thank to all the help here, much appreciated

I am now more convinced that the Spark is best on IOS,  not Android,  Android will work for a while and then just give trouble, maybe even lose your drone
2019-8-7
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1. Make sure your firmware is the latest on both controller and drone, if it is refresh it.
2. Make sure your bluetooth or the bluetooth of any nearby devices are switched off.
3. Make sure your flying in an area free from congestion(other wifi signals)
4. Go to the Wifi menu in the DJI GO 4 app and choose custom, this should let you choose your own wifi channel, pick a 5.8 channel that is free of congestion, or a 2.4 channel.

The range on 5.8 is 300meters, 2.4 gets 500m.
2019-8-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I assume you are on android. if not, ....! ;-)   

Question:

The RC is loosing connection, the Spark is auto-RTH?
Or the feed gets black, stand picture, and GO4 is asking to "..., do you want RTH now?"

If second:
What device are you using?
Are you using a OTG cable from Device to RC, or the wifi connection?

If you have no cable: GET A CABLE, FIRST!
After that, the auto function, for band changing, can start working.Meaning the bird and the RC can autochange bands, if neccessary.
As long you use the wifi, in CE area with an android, you BLOCK the 2.4Ghz for RC to Bird, b/c the droids not using 5Ghz in CE

If nothing helps, test a different and (more) powerful android (min 3GB Ram, 2Ghz octo) , just to check if your device is limited by  hardware.
And older Go4s (if Droid 8 or below : 4.2.21 runs well)
And I am not saying that you could test the Go4 Mod 2 and autoswitch your bird to FCC, b/c you are in CE area and that would be illegal!

2019-8-7
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

S-e-ven Posted at 8-7 04:32
I assume you are on android. if not, ....! ;-)   

Question:

...plus: put your phone to airplane mode when you fly. Bluetooth off, Wifi off (if connected via OTG cable), and mobile data off.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please make sure that you already switched off the beginner mode. Also, May I ask if this issue happens in a different location? You may try to relink your Aircraft to your RC to see if the issue will still persist. You may refer to the tutorial below. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-8-7
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Try turning the phone off and see if the remote can operate the drone. I had a lot of trouble till I discovered it worked fine without the phone. Now I have a new phone. The old one worked fine a year ago.
2019-8-7
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

sorry guys: message in dutch

Ruud, neem mijn djigo4 mod eens, kijk hier: https://sparkpilots.com/threads/ ... 4-1-15.3841/page-65   bericht 1288
installatie instructies staan op eerdere pagina's
en een OTG kabel heb je echt nodig.ook intressant (en werkt) is https://github.com/brett8883/DJI_Super-Patcher.
greetz
2019-8-7
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Or you can do the FCC trick ;-)
2019-8-8
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

Ben Mason Posted at 8-7 01:32
1. Make sure your firmware is the latest on both controller and drone, if it is refresh it.
2. Make sure your bluetooth or the bluetooth of any nearby devices are switched off.
3. Make sure your flying in an area free from congestion(other wifi signals)

Thanks for your answer I have done all above, except bluetooth, when the weather improves I will try that
2019-8-10
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

S-e-ven Posted at 8-7 04:32
I assume you are on android. if not, ....! ;-)   

Question:

I cannot get DJI Go 4  4.2.21  for android  on Playstore also no updates coming through, now flying with my Hubsan 501S much more fun, no issues, think I will  get rid of the Spark
2019-8-10
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-7 09:07
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please make sure that you already switched off the beginner mode. Also, May I ask if this issue happens in a different location? You may try to relink your Aircraft to your RC to see if the issue will still persist. You may refer to the tutorial below. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOi9WiS-PF8

Have tried all of the above, Would be better if  DJI had support in my country. a dedicated store for help or repairs Its like DJI is a kind of secret organisation, you have to do everything via USA
2019-8-10
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

dji_MODDER Posted at 8-7 21:26
sorry guys: message in dutch

Ruud, neem mijn djigo4 mod eens, kijk hier: https://sparkpilots.com/threads/ ... 4-1-15.3841/page-65   bericht 1288

Heb een OTG cable van firma Toemen gekregen maar doet helemaal niets behalve mijn GSM opladen van de remote, Wat een ellende, word er moe van.
Heb de Spark mee genomen naar Zuid Afrika, een keer mee kunnen vliegen, door deze probleem, begon na een update daar van DJI Zal even naar je link kijken
2019-8-10
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

make sure your not in biginner mode
2019-8-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

ruudy Posted at 8-10 02:39
I cannot get DJI Go 4  4.2.21  for android  on Playstore also no updates coming through, now flying with my Hubsan 501S much more fun, no issues, think I will  get rid of the Spark

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/

2019-8-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

ruudy Posted at 8-10 02:43
Would be better if  DJI had support in my country. a dedicated store for help or repairs Its like DJI is a kind of secret organisation, you have to do everything via USA

I doubt that,

b/c DJI is in YOUR country:
https://www.google.de/maps/place/DJI+Europe+BV/@51.9710245,4.2823587,11z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sDJI+netherlands!3m4!1s0x47c43232fcc34d7b:0xe86d665eebb02ed6!8m2!3d51.8631126!4d4.5227048?hl=en
2019-8-10
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

S-e-ven Posted at 8-10 03:48
I doubt that,

All blabla  in reality there is nothing,  went to your link  and here a review   

Horrible company with bad service, no one picking up the phone. Cannot imagine how they will expand business.

If you do not believe me look for yourself
Also according to DJI official website there is a support option in Utrecht, what a joke if you dial the number nobody answers, and you get the USA on the phone.
Support of DJI is a fairy-tale its not real, maybe in the USA, but not in Europe
2019-8-10
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

I doubt that,

Another review,  

Michael Dogali

Local Guide ・38 reviews

2 years ago

Very bad support service. After more than a month they are not capable of providing any answer. The engineers are like ghosts, you cannot reach them trough email or by telephone. If you have the DJI care insurance, they will make sure you use it, even if it was a faulty sensor the problem. Even if you request a flight record analysis (which is not performed by default) , by sending an excel form and attaching the flight records, they will not provide any explanation rather "Pilot error".  Unbeliveable and Embarassing support service.
2019-8-10
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

ruudy Posted at 8-10 02:49
Heb een OTG cable van firma Toemen gekregen maar doet helemaal niets behalve mijn GSM opladen van de remote, Wat een ellende, word er moe van.
Heb de Spark mee genomen naar Zuid Afrika, een keer mee kunnen vliegen, door deze probleem, begon na een update daar van DJI Zal even naar je link kijken

telefoon opladen is normaal met OTG kabel., probeer mijn versie go eens, start up sequence is, start rc, start spark, wacht tot groene connectie lampje brand , dan duw je de otg kabel in je RC, start app.
2019-8-11
Use props
Adi Hertila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297185 ft
Romania

In my country, Romania without an OTG Cable i can reach 600m on 5.8GHZ.
2019-8-11
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

Adi Hertila Posted at 8-11 13:14
In my country, Romania without an OTG Cable i can reach 600m on 5.8GHZ.

Yes I had that also, but after a update something is not right.
2019-8-12
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

dji_MODDER Posted at 8-11 04:07
telefoon opladen is normaal met OTG kabel., probeer mijn versie go eens, start up sequence is, start rc, start spark, wacht tot groene connectie lampje brand , dan duw je de otg kabel in je RC, start app.

Zal doen, ook zal ik een iPhone proberen. Erg slecht weer nu, tot later, alvast bedankt
2019-8-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do a reset of the Spark firmware using DJI Assistant 2 and see if that helps?
2019-8-12
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-12 07:38
Do a reset of the Spark firmware using DJI Assistant 2 and see if that helps?

Thanks David. I will try that also
2019-8-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

ruudy Posted at 8-13 08:43
Thanks David. I will try that also

As always my pleasure to help out.
2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ruudy Posted at 8-10 02:43
Have tried all of the above, Would be better if  DJI had support in my country. a dedicated store for help or repairs Its like DJI is a kind of secret organisation, you have to do everything via USA

We are deeply sorry if you still experiencing issues with your DJI Spark. If this all issue happens after the firmware update, you may try to refresh the firmware of the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. However, if you wish to send it in for diagnostics you can contact our designated department using the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-8-14
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-14 16:21
We are deeply sorry if you still experiencing issues with your DJI Spark. If this all issue happens after the firmware update, you may try to refresh the firmware of the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. However, if you wish to send it in for diagnostics you can contact our designated department using the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support

I would rather have you send me the details for support in my country the Netherlands or is that a secret.

There is a telefoon number for DJI support in Utrecht if you phone that number you get the USA, that's because its all fake your support in my country, if I am wrong, send me where I can get support in my country please. Otherwise I will post a video on You Tube that's a promise
2019-8-19
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

I want to express my thanks to everybody that tryed to help me, but I have decided to sell my Spark, I have no time in my life for the fustration that DJI is causing me, they might have great products, but there support is very bad outside the USA
2019-8-19
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

I doubt that,

I have tried to phone them they do not pick up, I think this is a fake address, phoned them before and I got the DJI USA on the line
2019-8-19
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

Tentoes Posted at 8-7 11:00
Try turning the phone off and see if the remote can operate the drone. I had a lot of trouble till I discovered it worked fine without the phone. Now I have a new phone. The old one worked fine a year ago.

Maybe I should try that, is it a Android phone?  
2019-8-19
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

ruudy Posted at 8-19 02:37
Maybe I should try that, is it a Android phone?

Yes. I use android.

My 4-year-old "Motorola Turbo" worked fine with the blue spark last summer, but the yellow spark had all sorts of trouble till I discovered this. So I got a "Galaxy S10+" instead and the yellow spark is quite happy.

The blue drone was owned by a friend and I was his drone pilot until he decided I was no longer his friend. So now I have a yellow spark named "Phoebe."
2019-8-19
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

Tentoes Posted at 8-19 04:34
Yes. I use android.

My 4-year-old "Motorola Turbo" worked fine with the blue spark last summer, but the yellow spark had all sorts of trouble till I discovered this. So I got a "Galaxy S10+" instead and the yellow spark is quite happy.

Well great news, problem solved. My android phone was getting even worse, and on 2.4ghz wifi it would lose the signal, dropt out of wifi, and could not  find the remotes wifi, and this on the flying field without interference.
I decided to use my Apple Air Tablet, what a pleasure over 700meters range, no video dropouts or lag, this without OTG cable. So problem solved. DJI is not friendly to Android phones  My phone has all the specs that is required for the DJI Spark, it worked fine for a year, not any more.
2019-8-20
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ruudy Posted at 8-19 01:37
I would rather have you send me the details for support in my country the Netherlands or is that a secret.

There is a telefoon number for DJI support in Utrecht if you phone that number you get the USA, that's because its all fake your support in my country, if I am wrong, send me where I can get support in my country please. Otherwise I will post a video on You Tube that's a promise

Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience. You may refer to the image below for the phone number of the Netherlands support. Thank you for your kind and understanding and again sorry for the trouble.
contact.png
2019-8-20
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-20 13:58
Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience. You may refer to the image below for the phone number of the Netherlands support. Thank you for your kind and understanding and again sorry for the trouble.

Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience. This is a standerd line DJI uses, also when you get the support on the phone, I really hate that, its like talking to a computer( might just be one)

I phoned the number for Netherlands, and of course got someone in the USA, very polite, and told me that my Android phone was now not supported anymore, it worked fine for a year.  
Also I understand, after talking to my Hobbyshop that sells DJI products, that they do not know where there is a repair service is for DJI, you have to contact DJI USA  for a repair request, they will then send you a stikker with a barcode, that you have to stick on the box with your drone, and send it into the blue yonder, most likely to Aria 51 or some other secret location, not knowing what it will cost or if you will ever get it back.   I want a physical address, talk with a live person, put my drone on the counter, and hear what is wrong with it and what it will cost to repair, THAT IS SERVICE DJI!!!!

Just imagen you have a Mercedes, or a BMW or whatever, there is no repair address, you have to apply for a sticker, and the at full moon at 12PM leave your car on the corner of Soso street and walk away.  Would you really buy that car??? I don't think so      
2019-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules