Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MPP care refresh price, why so expensive?
1071 4 2019-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Qui Rom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86631 ft
France

Hi, I have a question regarding the consistancy of care refresh prices.
In France where I live, the price for care refresh of MPP is 149 euros! The first replacement would be 109 euros, the second would be 169 euros!
For reference, care refresh for mavic 2 is 139 euros. Replacement fees are 119 / 139.
As far as I know, Mavic 2 is a newer, more expensive, and superior product than MPP. Why their care refresh prices are not consistent? Does it mean MPP has higher chance to be crashed, or MPP is less available in stock. Any ideas?
2019-8-7
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's Platinum! That means it's worth a lot, just wait till the Mavic 2 Pro Gold edition, it'll be like double the price ! Seriously though i have no idea, i guess this is just some oversight, like the price hasn't been updated to be more in line with the other/newer drones.
2019-8-7
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86631 ft
France

Ben Mason Posted at 8-7 03:03
It's Platinum! That means it's worth a lot, just wait till the Mavic 2 Pro Gold edition, it'll be like double the price ! Seriously though i have no idea, i guess this is just some oversight, like the price hasn't been updated to be more in line with the other/newer drones.

you got me for 1 second!
Honestly these price differences were one of the reasons that I did not purchase care refresh for my MPP. I would have felt cheated if I had bought that "overpriced" care refresh.
2019-8-7
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Qui Rom Posted at 8-7 04:00
you got me for 1 second!
Honestly these price differences were one of the reasons that I did not purchase care refresh for my MPP. I would have felt cheated if I had bought that "overpriced" care refresh.

Well you won't know for sure until a mod/admin gives a reply. But DJI are terrible at adjusting prices, you can see it when they quote you for a repair on an old model, they charge basically the same price as when it first came out, meanwhile a used one on ebay is like half the price or something crazy like that.
2019-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I imagine that being essentially an insurance product it is risk assessed and thus a drone with enhanced OA and tech will be less likely to crash and therefore the premium and excess reflects that.
2019-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules