PH4 Pro camera shake when facing down
1038 23 2019-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

Hi all,

for some reason my camera is now shaking when facing down. When it's not facing down nothing shakes at all but as soon as I turn it down it does that...Drone has not been in any accident, has never fallen acc. I've changed the props just to try something but it still does that. I've searched on the forum but cannot find any explination. Can anybody help?

Txs a lot,

Stefano

2019-8-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You video clip is marked as 'not available'
2019-8-7
Use props
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

Geebax Posted at 8-7 15:10
You video clip is marked as 'not available'

Txs Geebax, why would that be? I can see it... do I need to repost?
2019-8-7
Use props
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

Let's try again...repost
2019-8-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

spedroni@hotmail.com Posted at 8-7 20:51
Txs Geebax, why would that be? I can see it... do I need to repost?

I have no idea, try clicking on the play button. Perhaps you have it set as 'Private' in rthe YouTube settings.
2019-8-7
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just had a friend 2 days ago have the same issue with an ADVANCE......same camera/gimble.....DJI could not resolve and he then sent it in for repair.

Randy
2019-8-8
Use props
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

Geebax Posted at 8-7 21:55
I have no idea, try clicking on the play button. Perhaps you have it set as 'Private' in rthe YouTube settings.

Txs Geebax it was set on private, so sorry about that...
2019-8-9
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I assume, you've calibrated the Gimbal/IMU/Compass ? Probably won't do anything but you never know. I've seen this in a lot of Pro's/Adv, does it do it when your not flying ? as in just on a desk without props, can you feel heavy vibrations when you touch the gimbal?
2019-8-9
Use props
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

Ben Mason Posted at 8-9 07:12
I assume, you've calibrated the Gimbal/IMU/Compass ? Probably won't do anything but you never know. I've seen this in a lot of Pro's/Adv, does it do it when your not flying ? as in just on a desk without props, can you feel heavy vibrations when you touch the gimbal?

Txs Ben, I haven't tryed but I will. I was oserving it yesterday while filming and it seems to me that it's the actual drone shaking more than the gimbal itself if you know what I mean...
2019-8-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not compass related, so no need to upset the compass calibration unless of course you are in a large field, then it wouldnt hurt any...
2019-8-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spedroni@hotmail.com Posted at 8-9 08:24
Txs Ben, I haven't tryed but I will. I was oserving it yesterday while filming and it seems to me that it's the actual drone shaking more than the gimbal itself if you know what I mean...

Perhaps you have a prop out of balance?  have you tried a new set?
2019-8-9
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Try putting the drone on a table and pointing the camera down. If the camera stays stable, then it probably is the drone. Looks like the camera to me, why would the camera be stable in the horizontal position if the drone was shaking?
2019-8-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems like one of your props may be unbalanced - try replacing them and see if it continues
2019-8-10
Use props
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

A J Posted at 8-10 05:02
Seems like one of your props may be unbalanced - try replacing them and see if it continues

I did try that, I've changed all of them with new ones and nothing changed at all...
2019-8-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spedroni@hotmail.com Posted at 8-11 22:22
I did try that, I've changed all of them with new ones and nothing changed at all...

Seems you've covered all the trouble shooting - I would look into returning the drone to DJI for a formal diagnostic and repair/replacement.
2019-8-11
Use props
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

Bashy Posted at 8-9 19:04
Perhaps you have a prop out of balance?  have you tried a new set?

Txs Bashy, yes I tryed with a new set and no change whatsoever this is so frustrating...
2019-8-11
Use props
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

Here is a more clear example..

https://youtu.be/vVXPZjbz74Q

2019-8-11
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's not impossible, however it is more likely that the issue is with the gimbal, the drone isn't supposed to be perfectly stable, otherwise you wouldn't need a gimbal, If you have checked the drone on a flat desk while the motors aren't spinning and the gimbal is pointed down and no spinning occurs that it must be drone/flight related.

If the items in warranty and you haven't had a crash, you should get it sent to DJI for repair.
2019-8-11
Use props
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

https://youtu.be/C0iOO5gNrEI
Ben Mason Posted at 8-11 23:41
That's not impossible, however it is more likely that the issue is with the gimbal, the drone isn't supposed to be perfectly stable, otherwise you wouldn't need a gimbal, If you have checked the drone on a flat desk while the motors aren't spinning and the gimbal is pointed down and no spinning occurs that it must be drone/flight related.

If the items in warranty and you haven't had a crash, you should get it sent to DJI for repair.

Txs Ben, so I did that and what happens is that when I move the camera down the gimbal start shaking and it makes a very disturbing sound... I tryed calibrating but still the same...
2019-8-12
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spedroni@hotmail.com Posted at 8-12 02:55

Txs Ben, so I did that and what happens is that when I move the camera down the gimbal start shaking and it makes a very disturbing sound... I tryed calibrating but still the same... https://youtu.be/C0iOO5gNrEI

Yeah, it's a fault with your gimbal, FYI i have seen this with even brand new drones(although this was on the yaw motor not the pitch motor). Do you still have your receipt ? You can check if your inside the 1 year warranty period. You can also check by your drones serial number for the activation date.
Obviously this is assuming you didn't crash the drone.
2019-8-12
Use props
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

Ben Mason Posted at 8-12 03:20
Yeah, it's a fault with your gimbal, FYI i have seen this with even brand new drones. Do you still have your receipt ? You can check if your inside the 1 year warranty period. You can also check by your drones serial number for the activation date.
Obviously this is assuming you didn't crash the drone.

No no crashes at all... the drone is 2 years old so no worranty I guess. My problem is how to keep working if I send it for repair.... I guess it's not a quick affair
2019-8-12
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spedroni@hotmail.com Posted at 8-12 03:22
No no crashes at all... the drone is 2 years old so no worranty I guess. My problem is how to keep working if I send it for repair.... I guess it's not a quick affair

Well it's hard to tell without inspecting the drone, but it looks like you have a bad Pitch or roll motor in your gimbal, this should at least make it relatively cheap when compared to say replacing a full gimbal.
Yeah it would take some time to repair if you sent it to DJI.
2019-8-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Probably a 2 week turnaround minimum, can you not rent one in the mean time?
2019-8-12
Use props
spedroni
lvl.2
Italy

Bashy Posted at 8-12 16:31
Probably a 2 week turnaround minimum, can you not rent one in the mean time?

Not a bad idea , I didn't think about that !
2019-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules