Uncontrolled Flight - possessed drone?
784 6 2019-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9793 ft
United States

Last night I took my Mavic 2 Zoom out and while hovering in place it kept trying to fly off. I fought it a couple of times, bringing it back to the place that I was hovering but then it would fly off again so I finially just let it fly off to see what it would do or where it was headed. It's like it had a mind of it's own. It flew for a good 1/4 mile before I decided to stop it and bring it home.
Then when I was landing it on the base of a slight inclide which I've done many times before, rather than just land straight down it kept zooming forward, almost running into the slide of the hill we were on. It did this a few times before I finally got it to land properly.

Has anybody else experienced this or know why it would be doing this? I've flow at this location probably 30 times, I'm not sure why all of a sudden there would be an issue there. I'm going to take it out tonight in a different location to see if it continues to act up.
2019-8-7
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

The only reasons I can think of offhand would be that it had reverted to ATTI mode for some reason or that it was being swept along by the wind. The best way to get more information, though, is for you to upload the log to the flight to PhantomHelp using these instructions and then post a link to the uploaded log back in this thread.
2019-8-7
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Like Gimpy said posting the Flight records would help a ton as it could be any number issues, people like to focus on the drone but it could even be that your controller sticks are faulty, giving inputs without you touching anything.
2019-8-7
Use props
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
United States

Gimpy Posted at 8-7 07:00
The only reasons I can think of offhand would be that it had reverted to ATTI mode for some reason or that it was being swept along by the wind. The best way to get more information, though, is for you to upload the log to the flight to PhantomHelp using these instructions and then post a link to the uploaded log back in this thread.

Thank you! I will try to get this done today and post it.
2019-8-7
Use props
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
United States

Ben Mason Posted at 8-7 07:04
Like Gimpy said posting the Flight records would help a ton as it could be any number issues, people like to focus on the drone but it could even be that your controller sticks are faulty, giving inputs without you touching anything.

That's definitely crossed my mind, that's why I just let it take off and see where it went, trying to see if the wind had it or if it was flying in some sort of pattern. I was too paranoid to let it go too much farther so I brought it back before I got an idea of what was happening. I'm flying in Idaho so wind is pretty much always a factor.
2019-8-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Were you in ATTI mode? If so, that's to be expected -- ATTI mode will maintain height but not position and so will drift. You can look at your logs if you can't remember.
2019-8-7
Use props
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 8-7 07:24
Were you in ATTI mode? If so, that's to be expected -- ATTI mode will maintain height but not position and so will drift. You can look at your logs if you can't remember.

Not that I'm aware of but I'll have to check on that.
2019-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules