Problem with my Gimbal (Mavic Pro Platinum)
1574 6 2019-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fredthepilot
New

Germany

dear DJI-Forum users,
I wondered if you could help me with my Gimbal. My Mavic Pro Platinum fell from about 2m to the ground. I checked the whole drone but there was only one problem with the Gimbal. When I turn it on it will do the usual calibration but now it doesn't work as it did before. The Gimbal is moving rapidly to the top and hits the top and after that, it turns rapidly to the bottom and hits the drone at the bottom another time. In the end, the camera is facing the ground and needs around 2 seconds to get in the normal position again. If I turn the drone off the camera isn´t facing the right direction either.
It would be great if you could give me tips on how to solve the problem. Unfortunately I couldn´t admit a video of this process but hopefully the description illustrates the problem the best way possible.
Thank you!
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you've managed to calibrate the gimbal using the DJI Go 4 app? Would it be possible if you could clarify to us if you're getting an error message using the application? Usually, if this problem occurs to your drone upon experiencing the incident, we would recommend sending the unit as the internal of the drone might have damaged. If the situation can't be fixed remotely, please contact our support using the link below. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-8-7
Use props
fredthepilot
New

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 8-7 13:25
Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you've managed to calibrate the gimbal using the DJI Go 4 app? Would it be possible if you could clarify to us if you're getting an error message using the application? Usually, if this problem occurs to your drone upon experiencing the incident, we would recommend sending the unit as the internal of the drone might have damaged. If the situation can't be fixed remotely, please contact our support using the link below. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support

Hi Tony,
I tried to calibrate the gimbal with the App but after 52% the calibration stopped and said there was an error. After that I had to stop the calibration. You would recommend to send it to the DJI Support to fix the gimbal right?
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fredthepilot Posted at 8-9 00:50
Hi Tony,
I tried to calibrate the gimbal with the App but after 52% the calibration stopped and said there was an error. After that I had to stop the calibration. You would recommend to send it to the DJI Support to fix the gimbal right?

Hi, thanks for the update. We're sorry to know that the problem still the same. If that would be the case, you may reach our support to send the unit in our facility for further evaluation since the problem can't be fixed remotely. For additional information, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment and the warranty coverage period of your unit. Thank you for your cooperation.  
2019-8-11
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

fredthepilot Posted at 8-9 00:50
Hi Tony,

The ribbon cable is probably broke. It is quite fragile. If you got warranty, get it back to DJI. If you don't I woul advice you to also do so. Replacing the ribbon cable is quite hard because its that fragile.
2019-8-14
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Armazia Posted at 8-14 00:03
The ribbon cable is probably broke. It is quite fragile. If you got warranty, get it back to DJI. If you don't I woul advice you to also do so. Replacing the ribbon cable is quite hard because its that fragile.

I dunno if the calibration would make it to 52% and a damaged ribbon cable, it's more likely that one of the motors or the frame of the gimbal is bent in such a way to hinder one of the motors and prevent that section of the gimbal calibration.

As long as you haven't crashed the drone, there shouldn't be too much of an issue getting it repaired under warranty.
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that - even a short fall can damage vital areas of the drone - especially the gimbal which is very fragile and quite exposed on the MPP. I'd suggest returning the drone to DJI for a full diagnostic evaluation and inevitable repair. Good luck on getting it back in the air soon.
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules