Beginner needs help with video settings
1097 6 2019-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crowbar
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I assume it beginng user error but I am having trouble getting good quality video. Specifically I set up the camera as recommende and it seems to very overexposed and I have to overcompensate just to see the screen. I have the Mavic Pro Platinum and use the following settings:
3840X2160 UHD
24 fps
ISO 100-400
WB: Either sunny or cloudy
MOV/NTSC

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Hope that you could get the best recommendations and tips from our valued DJI members here in Forum that owns the Mavic Pro Platinum. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Best regards!
2019-8-7
Use props
Chris_J03
lvl.1
Flight distance : 956496 ft

Honduras

Adjust your shutterspeed if necessary, according to the light conditions. That should help with the overexposure. For more light to come in, lower your shutterspeed (brighter), and for less light rise it (darker).

Best of all lucks.
2019-8-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

It might help to turn on the Histogram -- you want to try and center the readings for proper exposure.
2019-8-7
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

For best video, shutter speed should be twice the frame rate. In this case, 1/50 second. You will likely need neutral density filters to achieve this, usually in sunlight, a Neutral Density 16 works.
2019-8-8
Use props
Crowbar
lvl.1
United States

Marty Markoe Posted at 8-8 03:04
For best video, shutter speed should be twice the frame rate. In this case, 1/50 second. You will likely need neutral density filters to achieve this, usually in sunlight, a Neutral Density 16 works.

Thanks, I have ND filters and they help but didn't solve the issue.
2019-8-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

Crowbar Posted at 2019-8-9 18:19
Thanks, I have ND filters and they help but didn't solve the issue.

don't feel bad crowbar, I've been flying for 3 years now and must confess that I am not the best photographer, I still have quite a lot to learn, but the one good advice that I seen so far was to use histogram from ex Machina, you will find a big difference in your videos.
2020-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules