My Air Unit is restricted to 25Mw and only 4 channels
13955 13 2019-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarlonI
lvl.1
United States

I have the FPV Experiernce package and I activated the goggles and one of the air units.. The system is working but the Air unit is restricted to 25mw and I only have 4 channels available. I'm in the U.S./FCC but it looks like this unit is running on CE. Anyone else experience this or have a solution. I have re-uploaded the firmware multiple times on both goggles and air unit but still the same issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi MarlonI, please ensure that all parts (Goggles, Air Unit, Controller) have been activated by DJI Assistant 2. Then click this link and check the country name. If it displayed a different country, please check if VPN software is utilized in your computer, if so, please shut down the VPN software. Please let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.
2019-8-8
Use props
fans8c245417
New
Flight distance : 78366 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 8-8 03:43
Hi MarlonI, please ensure that all parts (Goggles, Air Unit, Controller) have been activated by DJI Assistant 2. Then click this link and check the country name https://mydjiflight.dji.com/api/v2/geocoder_service/geoip. If it displayed a different country, please check if VPN software is utilized in your computer, if so, please shut down the VPN software. Please let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

Mine is doing the same. I have activated all three with DJI Assistant 2, In the USA.

That link does not work.

How do we fix this?
2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans8c245417 Posted at 8-11 11:18
Mine is doing the same. I have activated all three with DJI Assistant 2, In the USA.

That link does not work.

Sorry, I had edited the reply, please check the link again. Besides, please check if there is any VPN software running on the computer, if so, please shut down the software first, relaunch the DJI Assistant 2 and connect the FPV system to auto tune.
If the issue persists, please tell the system of your computer (Windows/Mac), I'll provide you with the corresponding route to extract the log for further investigation. Thank you.
2019-8-11
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

make a .txt file with "1" in it... saveit as naco.txt
dump it to the root of an SD card
Install the SD card. power on system via quad (not pc). Should be unlocked. Remove and delete file.
2019-8-13
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft
United States

Alessandro Garabaghi Posted at 8-13 04:50
make a .txt file with "1" in it... saveit as naco.txt
dump it to the root of an SD card
Install the SD card. power on system via quad (not pc). Should be unlocked. Remove and delete file.

Thank you this worked for me. Just to make it clear in the text file only put the number 1 no quotation marks. Great post.
2019-8-13
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I updated the firmware etc. in Canada and it was still locked. No VPN.
The text file worked but I can see a lot of people getting screwed up by this.
2019-8-18
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft
United States

DroneBees Posted at 8-18 18:47
I updated the firmware etc. in Canada and it was still locked. No VPN.
The text file worked but I can see a lot of people getting screwed up by this.

Agreed. A lot of people are/will getting messed up by this, at least there's a work around that hopefully people can find through careful searching. Hopefully DJI addresses this with the next firmware update. There's far too many people not behind VPNs and such getting put under European standards. Let me ask you this, after applying the fix are you getting a fairly good range out of your system? My system now shows 8 channels and 700mW as an option but even with that enabled my range is fairly trash ... about the same as standard analog at 25mW. I wonder if the two issues are related.
2019-8-18
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I get much better range than 25mw analog. It's about the same as my TBS unify at 800mW. In my current frame, the antenna placement is far from ideal. Make sure you have the antenna as far apart as possible and away from the carbon.
2019-8-24
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have the same problem how can i fix it thanks
2019-8-26
Use props
fans3858d74a
lvl.1

Mafia16 Posted at 8-26 22:11
i have the same problem how can i fix it thanks

I have the same issue, I show 8 channels and 700mw  however when my drone fly towards me my range drops off like its back to 25mw ?
2019-9-25
Use props
fans3858d74a
lvl.1

fans3858d74a Posted at 9-25 11:09
I have the same issue, I show 8 channels and 700mw  however when my drone fly towards me my range drops off like its back to 25mw ?

It was one of two thinigs that Fixed it,

1. I put sd cards in the Air unit and goggles and formatted it

2. I took a small screw driver and gently pushed on the Antenna connectors which might have seated them better ?

Over all I the FPV experience was  Great ! and I got great range with 700mw

I bought the new Iflight DC3 prebuilt with Frsky R-XSR and used my Taranis X9D+
the build quality was very good

pete
2019-9-25
Use props
BrunFPV
lvl.1

Belgium

DC3 this state ?? already on usa not on europ because he is also upgrate for Betaflight
2019-10-27
Use props
Alto Nero
New

Greece

Hi, trying to refresh dji fpv goggles and at some point it stops with an error code 0x023c03
Anybody can help figure out what kind of error this is?
2020-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules