Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
changed a motor in the Phantom 3 pro I am having problems
454 13 8-8 08:02
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dazoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146306 ft

United Kingdom

• Hi I wonder if you can help me please, I changed a motor in the Phantom 3 pro and I am having problems starting it up'  I have downloaded the latest firmware off DGI but it is not updating the software the last firmware I used was Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4 (2)   Is it possible you can help me get back flying please or if you can advise the best thing to do .
  • My Email is dazalmighty25@googlemail.com
  • Thanks again Darren

8-8 08:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. If the drone experience any type of incidents, it's recommended to send the unit back to our facility as DJI don't recommend fixing the drone by our customer's end due to warranty avoidance. It seems that this particular problem might involve software and internal problem. I would recommend checking our recommended service centers for them to have your drone and fix the situation. You may check the link below for reference. We do appreciate your understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
8-8 08:06
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-8 08:06
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. If the drone experience any type of incidents, it's recommended to send the unit back to our facility as DJI don't recommend fixing the drone by our customer's end due to warranty avoidance. It seems that this particular problem might involve software and internal problem. I would recommend checking our recommended service centers for them to have your drone and fix the situation. You may check the link below for reference. We do appreciate your understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Hi it was no incident the motor was in a shell shock case and one of the motors got slightly damaged in transit ' I have taken the old one out and its not working and down to firmware !
Do you have the latest Firmware as DJI have old firmware on there site
8-8 08:17
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Latest FW for the P3 Pro is 1.11.20.

If you have ESC warnings - then DJI moderators will on request give you a download link for 1.11.30 which has a small modification to correct ESC errors which only affect some P3P's

DJI site online has the 1.11.20 FW
8-8 10:51
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

dazoo Posted at 8-8 08:17
Hi it was no incident the motor was in a shell shock case and one of the motors got slightly damaged in transit ' I have taken the old one out and its not working and down to firmware !
Do you have the latest Firmware as DJI have old firmware on there site

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The firmware file can be downloaded by visiting the Phantom 3 Pro page on our official website. For further check, kindly see this link: https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads. Hope that this would help with your query.
8-8 15:53
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I cannot imagine why you would have start up problems by simply swapping a motor out unless you swapped it out with the wrong motor.  There are two different motors for the P3P and you want to be sure to install the same one that you already had.  2312 vs 2312A.  

Another possibility is there was never anything wrong with the first motor and the problem is actually within the ESC which is built into the CB.  If true, that would mean you likely need a new CB.  If true, you'd need the same CB you had before.  The CB and the motors must match.  

Good luck.
8-8 16:01
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I agree with Mark, simply swapping the motore should not give you problems, providing you installed the correct motor. Another strong possibility is getting the wire connections wrong, or not preparing the wire properly. The wire is enamelled and you have to use a sharp knife to scrape off all the enamel before attempting to solder it.
8-8 17:58
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-8 16:01
I cannot imagine why you would have start up problems by simply swapping a motor out unless you swapped it out with the wrong motor.  There are two different motors for the P3P and you want to be sure to install the same one that you already had.  2312 vs 2312A.  

Another possibility is there was never anything wrong with the first motor and the problem is actually within the ESC which is built into the CB.  If true, that would mean you likely need a new CB.  If true, you'd need the same CB you had before.  The CB and the motors must match.  

Hi the motor is the correct motor and it matches the motor that had damage 'when doing my checks one of the motors had damage in the shellshock case the motor was pressed down inside the shellshock case and would not turn free ,so I ordered the right motor for the replacement. I did not solder the wires I used scotchlock connections.
I have fixed drones in the passed the same way etc so thought this was OK.
on the screen it dose say latest firware ! Abnormal

I am getting a bit lost with it considering it was an easy mtor fix
8-9 06:53
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 8-8 17:58
I agree with Mark, simply swapping the motore should not give you problems, providing you installed the correct motor. Another strong possibility is getting the wire connections wrong, or not preparing the wire properly. The wire is enamelled and you have to use a sharp knife to scrape off all the enamel before attempting to solder it.

I followed the wiring and its only 3 wires and colours  matched correctly the wires were not soldered i used scatchlock connections 'I have used these before without problem.
my firmware is showing abnormal
8-9 06:56
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://tech.bareasschoppers.com ... ire-tap-connectors/

Read the comments too

Good luck
8-10 04:15
Use props
Air/America
First Officer

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-10 04:15
https://tech.bareasschoppers.com ... ire-tap-connectors/

Read the comments too

Yes, the ESC probably "sees" different resistance values on the three motor supply wires and "thinks" there is a fault.
8-10 04:32
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dazoo Posted at 8-9 06:56
I followed the wiring and its only 3 wires and colours  matched correctly the wires were not soldered i used scatchlock connections 'I have used these before without problem.
my firmware is showing abnormal

AS the article Mark links to says, Scotchlock connectors are an amateur solution. There is no guarantee that they will penetrate the varnish on the wire, and you only get one go at it because it is a single conductor. Far better technique to scrape off varnish and make a proper soldered connection.
8-10 15:11
Use props
Air/America
First Officer

United States

Dazoo, it sounds like you will have to solder the motor supply wires connections to get this right.

8-13 07:54
Use props
Air/America
First Officer

United States

Did you get those motor supply wires properly soldered, or maybe we will never know.

8-20 13:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules