Connection between Rocksteady and shutter speed
2346 3 2019-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael OSMO77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18537 ft
Germany

Hello everybody, is there a connection between the Rocksteady function and the shutter speed of the camera? It has been my experience that if the shutter speed is lowered to minimize the ISO value, there will be noticeable micro-vibrations. The FPS setting of the video does not matter. 4K 25fps and 1/50 shutter speed is not nice to look at. 4K 60fps and 1/640 shutter speed works great! But the problem is then the very high ISO value in the auto function and it creates a strong noise. (low light / forest / indoor) It is logical that a software with many sharp images can calculate a smoother image. I'm just surprised that nobody has mentioned it in any way yet. For me, the action camera would be useful for sport shots with strong vibrations so only in good light with 4K 60fps.  Am I correct? Do you think that can be even better with an update?  Does anyone know if this is exactly the same for a GoPro?  Thank you and best regards!
2019-8-8
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I think you are correct in what you have found.   This issue has been mentioned before, for example with using ND filters.

I don’t think any of these cameras with their small sensors are good in low light, so maybe just work round it and turn off RS and use stationary tripod shots for these instances.

The recent update claims to have improved eis at 60fps, maybe it is better - I haven't tested it myself yet.
2019-8-9
Use props
DogHasTheWheel
lvl.2
United States

are these the kind of mini vibrations you're talking about? I'm shooting 4k 24fps 1/50th with Rock Steady on. Should i not be using these settings? I like shooting 24fps since that's my project frame rate usually.

2019-8-20
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

I see the same thing any time I try to use the 180 rule + ND filter. Little jitters in the video.
2019-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules