Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost my Mavis 2 Pro due to auto landing. Help
1330 3 2019-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eagleidronography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457326 ft
United States

I will try to keep this short. I checked b4ufly and Kittyhawk before my flight and they both indicated I was in the clear through the next 24 hours. I also submitted a Airmap flight log and it also stated I was clear.
7 minutes into my flight at 4pm I get a warning that the drone would auto land because I entered controlled air space. With a 15 second warning. At this point I'm over water and .66 miles away from the closest land.
Shouldn't I of had more time to find a suitable landing location? When I checked my airspace before hand and it looks like I should have been clear for the flight.
2019-8-8
Use props
Eagleidronography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457326 ft
United States

Airmap and Kittyhawk screen shots.
Screenshot_20190808-172247_Kittyhawk.jpg
Screenshot_20190808-175828_AirMap.jpg
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about what happened to your drone. We highly recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI Go4 app and contact our support using the link below for further help. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-8-27
Use props
Sick Dawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

the Hudson River and the East River are what the FAA refers to as "Exclusion Zones". Those zones require additional safety features like ADS-B and self-reporting location. Neither of those is required on drones, and we're not even allowed to self-report via aviation radio channels.

and according to the FAA drones are prohibited from flying in both of those exclusions zones. Basically because one of the requirements of 14 CFR 93.351 is to self-announce in order to fly in the Exclusion Zones, and since we can't self-announced, we can't fly there.
2019-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules