12Next >
2186 59 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Any sign of new batteries becoming available yet ?
I keep looking but can't come up with anything encouraging.

Are any of you successfully using Non-genuine batteries as replacements ?

2019-8-9
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would never use none genuine anything, but that's just me. Have you looked anywhere else besides DJI ?
2019-8-9
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Their production of batteries is merely a trickle. If you are in dire need,  best to buy and take a chance on whatever you can find.
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Manxmann. I am sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for choosing DJI and we do appreciate your interest in our products. As of the moment, we don't have any time frame yet when will the DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Fligth Battery will be available/in stock. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store at https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... v2&position=12. In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-8-9
Use props
Thermographer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

I've had good luck with Powerextra batteries with my Phantom 3's.
2019-8-9
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Thermographer Posted at 8-9 08:55
I've had good luck with Powerextra batteries with my Phantom 3's.

Cheers,  thanks for the info
2019-8-10
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 8-9 03:02
Their production of batteries is merely a trickle. If you are in dire need,  best to buy and take a chance on whatever you can find.

I have two good ones at the moment - but would also like a couple of new ones.
Hopefully DJI will produce sufficient one day ?
2019-8-10
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Ben Mason Posted at 8-9 01:30
I would never use none genuine anything, but that's just me. Have you looked anywhere else besides DJI ?

Yeah,  other local places I have checked with all have the same answer "Back order available"
Buying non-genuine would never be my first choice ...........  but ???
2019-8-10
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-9 07:49
Hello and good day Manxmann. I am sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for choosing DJI and we do appreciate your interest in our products. As of the moment, we don't have any time frame yet when will the DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Fligth Battery will be available/in stock. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store at https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-pro-intelligent-battery-high-capacity?from=search-result-v2&position=12. In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi DJI Stephen,  from your comments can I deduce that DJI will be producing batteries in the future ?  Or have they just dropped production ?
If future production is not planned then we may as well start looking at non-genuine items now.
Thanks
2019-8-10
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I agree with you Manxmann. It seems that DJI have lost interest in the Phantoms now and we will need to get our supplies elsewhere. I really do not understand their market model, but as field leaders do they really need to bother much. The limited releases we have had recently do not seem to have the wide appeal that the Phantoms did. I would also say I for one do not wish to put my Phantoms in the bin just yet.
2019-8-10
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

embayweather Posted at 8-10 03:40
I agree with you Manxmann. It seems that DJI have lost interest in the Phantoms now and we will need to get our supplies elsewhere. I really do not understand their market model, but as field leaders do they really need to bother much. The limited releases we have had recently do not seem to have the wide appeal that the Phantoms did. I would also say I for one do not wish to put my Phantoms in the bin just yet.

Agreed embayweather,  I am hoping for many more years of flying the P4P+.
The demand for replacement batteries must be huge & at $289 each - smart or not - there must be a decent profit margin.
As I have commented earlier,  my batteries are fine (touch wood) right now,  but I don't want to wait until they kark it before I look for replacements.

Oh well .............  
2019-8-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

wait for genuine batteries, you'll be happy you did so...
2019-8-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The P2 series went through the same thing and we were all worried the end was near, but eventually, market forces came to play.  Lots of used P2 batteries became available, and while some of them were no good, if you were a careful buyer, you could purchase perfectly good used P2 batteries - and you still can.  In addition, decent aftermarket batteries have become available.  I'm not saying buy aftermarket willy nilly.  I'm saying if a particular aftermarket brand has proven to be trustworthy via reviews and time, it may be worth considering.  
2019-8-11
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-11 14:29
The P2 series went through the same thing and we were all worried the end was near, but eventually, market forces came to play.  Lots of used P2 batteries became available, and while some of them were no good, if you were a careful buyer, you could purchase perfectly good used P2 batteries - and you still can.  In addition, decent aftermarket batteries have become available.  I'm not saying buy aftermarket willy nilly.  I'm saying if a particular aftermarket brand has proven to be trustworthy via reviews and time, it may be worth considering.

Yes,  100ft up is no place to discover a problem !
Cheers
2019-8-12
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Manxmann Posted at 8-10 01:41
Yeah,  other local places I have checked with all have the same answer "Back order available"
Buying non-genuine would never be my first choice ...........  but ???

It's your choice but if it was up to me, i would either wait or if i was truly desperate i would buy used/refurbished genuine batteries.
2019-8-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 8-12 00:45
Yes,  100ft up is no place to discover a problem !
Cheers

Aloha Manx,

Every week or so, the batteries for my P4 Pro (30 minute) become available at the DJI Store.  The Store even has a notification process if you want to get an email when they are available.  But rarely does that availability last 24 hours or more.  I check every day at least once, sometimes twice.  

Like David Graff, I would recommend getting genuine batteries and also recommend that you get those batteries from the DJI Store.  I think you have said that there are problems doing that in Australia and that is unfortunate.  If you can get the batteries from the DJI Store, the shipping is free (at least here anyway).

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-8-12
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Ben Mason Posted at 8-12 00:59
It's your choice but if it was up to me, i would either wait or if i was truly desperate i would buy used/refurbished genuine batteries.

Yes,  I am inclined to agree with that.  I am wary of non-genuine stuff as a rule.  But I wonder,  do DJI actually produce the batteries or are they bought in ?  Interesting,  but I'd assume producing batteries to DJI would be like ABC ......
2019-8-13
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 8-12 01:05
Aloha Manx,

Every week or so, the batteries for my P4 Pro (30 minute) become available at the DJI Store.  The Store even has a notification process if you want to get an email when they are available.  But rarely does that availability last 24 hours or more.  I check every day at least once, sometimes twice.  

Yep,  I think I will have to explore that avenue of supply.  We have a DJI service centre in Oz and numerous dealers.  Gonna have to work on
Ooaroo & drone on !
2019-8-13
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Manxmann Posted at 8-13 01:07
Yes,  I am inclined to agree with that.  I am wary of non-genuine stuff as a rule.  But I wonder,  do DJI actually produce the batteries or are they bought in ?  Interesting,  but I'd assume producing batteries to DJI would be like ABC ......

I Believe DJI produce the Intelligent boards, but the actual batteries themselves will most likely be another manufacturer that is trusted by DJI, although that's just guess work, DJI may produce the whole thing themselves, that just seems unlikely to me though as there's not really much proprietary about Lithium batteries.
2019-8-13
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Ben Mason Posted at 8-13 01:38
I Believe DJI produce the Intelligent boards, but the actual batteries themselves will most likely be another manufacturer that is trusted by DJI, although that's just guess work, DJI may produce the whole thing themselves, that just seems unlikely to me though as there's not really much proprietary about Lithium batteries.

Fair comments  
2019-8-14
Use props
jbj220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847031 ft
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-11 03:25
wait for genuine batteries, you'll be happy you did so...

WTF,,, I'm 70 years old, how long am I supposed to wait??? I want to fly now!!!
2019-8-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jbj220 Posted at 8-14 04:24
WTF,,, I'm 70 years old, how long am I supposed to wait??? I want to fly now!!!

Then buy the Mavic 2 then at your age you'll be flying in style like your flying for miles...
2019-8-14
Use props
jbj220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847031 ft
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-14 09:27
Then buy the Mavic 2 then at your age you'll be flying in style like your flying for miles...

nope, i've got two P4A's I use and I want to keep using them. mavic 2 is overrated...
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jbj220 Posted at 8-15 04:42
nope, i've got two P4A's I use and I want to keep using them. mavic 2 is overrated...

You're entitled to your opinion, I've never flown a Phantom so I really couldn't compare or comment, I do like both my Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom very much and they're a blast to fly as is also my DJI Spark, so I'm happy battery shortages haven't creeped in although I did recently upgrade my Spark and Mavic Pro batteries, so hopefully I'll up and running for some time come. I heard that the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is apparently back in production, and the batteries recently were back in stock at DJI although they quickly sold out, may be DJI will be restocking the inventory soon and you can get back into the game by acquiring the new batteries you are needing. Best of luck..
2019-8-15
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-15 05:45
You're entitled to your opinion, I've never flown a Phantom so I really couldn't compare or comment, I do like both my Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom very much and they're a blast to fly as is also my DJI Spark, so I'm happy battery shortages haven't creeped in although I did recently upgrade my Spark and Mavic Pro batteries, so hopefully I'll up and running for some time come. I heard that the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is apparently back in production, and the batteries recently were back in stock at DJI although they quickly sold out, may be DJI will be restocking the inventory soon and you can get back into the game by acquiring the new batteries you are needing. Best of luck..

The Phantom 4 Series was my favourite, until the Mavic 2 came out, for me it just feels better to fly a phantom. I'll probably switch back if they ever release the Phantom 5
2019-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-15 05:45

I heard that the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is apparently back in production.
The rumour you heard is very unreliable and unlikely to be true.
It appeared in one site only and there has been no confirmation anywhere.
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ben Mason Posted at 8-15 06:34
The Phantom 4 Series was my favourite, until the Mavic 2 came out, for me it just feels better to fly a phantom. I'll probably switch back if they ever release the Phantom 5

I just am not the biggest fan of flying those large payloads as I like to fly with the most leniency as I bought the Spark as my first DJI drone or real drone for that matter, and then moved up to a Mavic Pro, now I moved up even larger to the Mavic 2 Zoom, which I think is the largest I'm willing to go in terms of payload. I think the emphasis in the future will be portability and getting more out of a drone with the same size form factor? That's why I think the Phantom has always been more of a cumbersome product for drone flying as it weighs more than 3 pounds and has a large vertical wing span being how incomberance it can be flying near people.

I suspect the Mavic 2 will likely be the largest Mavic we will look back at seeing once we get to like a Mavic 5 or something. DJI will likely keep the size and weight close to the original Mavic Pro but every year eak out even more efficiency with faster speeds and longer flight times in a more succinct form factor shrinking down the camera and sensors and composite material used to develop the drone. Again, I think the Mavic 2 we are looking at probably DJI's largest consumer drone for the next 5 years? If DJI does go ahead and releases a Phantom 5 then I believe it will be a completely different looking craft than of its current image today???
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-15 06:56
I heard that the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is apparently back in production.
The rumour you heard is very unreliable and unlikely to be true.
It appeared in one site only and there has been no confirmation anywhere.

https://dronedj.com/2019/08/14/d ... l-dji-online-store/
2019-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-15 07:43
https://dronedj.com/2019/08/14/dji-phantom-4-advanced-back-in-stock-official-dji-online-store/

Yes... that's a completely unreliable source, with an established record of promoting false information.
2019-8-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its in stock again in DJI store USD and GBP as of 2:30am BST
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-15 16:40
Yes... that's a completely unreliable source, with an established record of promoting false information.

I think Drone DJ has done a good job over the last year in reporting developments over at DJI, so just review some of their coverage that you can research on their website and you'll get a sense that they're doing a good job...
2019-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-15 17:41
I think Drone DJ has done a good job over the last year in reporting developments over at DJI, so just review some of their coverage that you can research on their website and you'll get a sense that they're doing a good job...

They've done a great job of making up stories, publishing unsubstantiated and fake news.
They are completely unreliable as a source of information.
If you still think they have any credibility, just search on their site for Phantom 5 to see the number of times they posted nonsense about that being released.
2019-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-15 17:28

Try again.
It was out of stock when I checked a little before you posted and is again shortly afterwards.
Out.jpg
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-15 18:24
They've done a great job of making up stories, publishing unsubstantiated and fake news.
They are completely unreliable as a source of information.
If you still think they have any credibility, just search on their site for Phantom 5 to see the number of times they posted nonsense about that being released.

You are entitled to your opinion, if you think the source of news isn't up to par with your expectations then that's reason enough for you to discount them as a source.

I happen to think contrary to your sentiment regarding Drone DJ. I think they work hard with good content creators in the drone space including DJI. They partner with Drone U, Half Chrome, Billy Kyle, to name a few. The founder is a European guy from Scandinavia and he seems honest enough not to lead readers on with exaggerations. I also think he has sources in DJI who share and likely leak information to him of which he is instructed by DJI on how to report them. I don't know any other medium that covers DJI in such a close fashion to Drone DJ, in my opinion it's almost as if DJI runs Drone DJ and utilizes it as a news source for publishing drone propaganda and sensitive company information?...
2019-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-15 22:05
You are entitled to your opinion, if you think the source of news isn't up to par with your expectations then that's reason enough for you to discount them as a source.

I happen to think contrary to your sentiment regarding Drone DJ. I think they work hard with good content creators in the drone space including DJI. They partner with Drone U, Half Chrome, Billy Kyle, to name a few. The founder is a European guy from Scandinavia and he seems honest enough not to lead readers on with exaggerations. I also think he has sources in DJI who share and likely leak information to him of which he is instructed by DJI on how to report them. I don't know any other medium that covers DJI in such a close fashion to Drone DJ, in my opinion it's almost as if DJI runs Drone DJ and utilizes it as a news source for publishing drone propaganda and sensitive company information?...

And you are entitled to your own fantasies.
DroneDJ have told the world that the P4A is available in the DJI store ... and it isn't.
They've predicted numerous other things that never happened.
They have proved to be extremely unreliable and in no way informed.
I'll be watching to see if their wild "prediction" about the P4pro coming back comes true.
I'll be extremely surprised if it does.
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-15 23:21
And you are entitled to your own fantasies.
DroneDJ have told the world that the P4A is available in the DJI store ... and it isn't.
They've predicted numerous other things that never happened.

Well said, except for your criticism that I'm living in some fantasy land with my head buried in the sand, your position I will keep a close eye on, and if your criticism turns out to be accurate then it won't have that much of a determinant overall in light of my view of Drone DJ. They seem to work hard and no one even really competes with an alternative news wire in the drone space, so why be a hater? I don't hate the player, I hate the game.
2019-8-16
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-15 17:28

Cheers for the heads up.  I had put myself "on notice" and received an email from them yesterday advising 'limited stock available at AUD $289'

2019-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-16 00:03
Well said, except for your criticism that I'm living in some fantasy land with my head buried in the sand, your position I will keep a close eye on, and if your criticism turns out to be accurate then it won't have that much of a determinant overall in light of my view of Drone DJ. They seem to work hard and no one even really competes with an alternative news wire in the drone space, so why be a hater? I don't hate the player, I hate the game.

So why be a hater?
What's hating about not being so easily mislead by someone with a very poor record on spreading misinformation.
Here's a little of the fiction they were spreading about the Phantom 5 back in September and November last year:
The release of the Phantom 5 is imminent and might well happen before the end of this month.
There is no doubt that the Phantom 5 is coming and it is most certainly just around the corner.  
We believe that the Phantom 5 is destined to have a zoom lens.

DroenDJ told us that based on rumors, leaked information, and some common sense, what the specs of the P5 that they hinted would be released on Nov 28.
They also wanted to convince us it would come with a zoom lens.

None of that turned out to be at all true - nothing.
It was all just made up, total fiction.
They dream it and post it and it's believed by gullible people, some of whom quickly forget it and still think of DroneDJ as an authoritative source.

Now they are telling their gullible followers that they have information that DJI is going to start selling the P4 pro again, a year after DJI last made any.
They've not explained how they know this and no other site has corroborated it.
DJI have never announced any upcoming product months in advance.

To revisit your earlier comments on DroneDJ:
The founder is a European guy from Scandinavia
He's actually Dutch, but that's close enough
and he seems honest enough not to lead readers on with exaggerations.
I think his record tells a different story
I also think he has sources in DJI who share and likely leak information to him of which he is instructed by DJI on how to report them.
So DJI uses him to mislead and tell tall tales????
I don't know any other medium that covers DJI in such a close fashion to Drone DJ, in my opinion it's almost as if DJI runs Drone DJ and utilizes it as a news source for publishing drone propaganda and sensitive company information?...
DroneDJ simply pulls together what official product release information there is and adds their own made up fairy tales.
There's nothing in their record to confirm your rosy assessment.
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-16 03:27
So why be a hater?
What's hating about not being so easily mislead by someone with a very poor record on spreading misinformation.
Here's a little of the fiction they were spreading about the Phantom 5 back in September and November last year:

All points well taken, I appreciate your feedback. I'm not disputing whether Drone DJ does not report incorrect information, obviously they have and that goes with the territory of being a new media source with various end point news sources companies to rely on whenever Drone DJ is in position to break a news story. In Drone DJ's world - sometimes you win a few sometimes you lose a few..

In fairness to Drone DJ, while they yes have reported the Phantom 5 release perhaps too prematurely, they did a fabulous job covering the Mavic 2 release. They were up to the minute on all relevant breaking stories upon whenever DJI issued a press release, whether it was to announce the first scheduled but cancelled See The Bigger Picture Event that was originally scheduled for July, they then broke the leaked photos immediately, they were first to cover the Argos catalog leak, then they were first to cover the leaked photos of the Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro leaked rendition photos, and finally they did a great job covering the See The Bigger Picture Event that was held in August 2018 in Brooklyn, N.Y., giving fans first inside look at the Mavic 2, publishing the entire specs and information of the two drones, and then finally if it wasn't for Drone DJ, I would have never even known about the Mavic 2 Enterprise...

You can have your opinion about Drone DJ not being up to your standard, but for me they've done a great job informing me on whatever DJI, Autel, and Parrot related news and that has kept me informed and a knowledgeable consumer, which has transpired into me purchasing the Mavic 2 Zoom....
2019-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-16 09:24
All points well taken, I appreciate your feedback. I'm not disputing whether Drone DJ does not report incorrect information, obviously they have and that goes with the territory of being a new media source with various end point news sources companies to rely on whenever Drone DJ is in position to break a news story. In Drone DJ's world - sometimes you win a few sometimes you lose a few..

In fairness to Drone DJ, while they yes have reported the Phantom 5 release perhaps too prematurely, they did a fabulous job covering the Mavic 2 release. They were up to the minute on all relevant breaking stories upon whenever DJI issued a press release, whether it was to announce the first scheduled but cancelled See The Bigger Picture Event that was originally scheduled for July, they then broke the leaked photos immediately, they were first to cover the Argos catalog leak, then they were first to cover the leaked photos of the Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro leaked rendition photos, and finally they did a great job covering the See The Bigger Picture Event that was held in August 2018 in Brooklyn, N.Y., giving fans first inside look at the Mavic 2, publishing the entire specs and information of the two drones, and then finally if it wasn't for Drone DJ, I would have never even known about the Mavic 2 Enterprise...

So they properly report things that DJI announce or release.
Any source can do that.
DJI never announce any product more than 2 weeks in advance
DroneDJ have shown repeatedly that unless DJI have announced/confirmed it, their reporting on unreleased DJI products is unreliable fiction.
You give them far too much credit.
2019-8-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules