914 23 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very fast delivery from order to receiving the latest additions to my filmmaking kit!
Have to learn quickly how to use this to film an event I’m going to the Netherlands for in October.
Any recommendations for fab tutorials welcome.
Thanks
Chris.
E2FE33E2-13B9-4FB7-9A7B-E764D3D10598.jpeg
2019-8-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here’s the extension rod and wireless adaptor in use. The phone is an iPhone XR and it easily fits into the holder.
One thing that I haven’t figured out, is how to switch the Osmo Pocket on and off, once it’s attached to the extension rod....any ideas?
Thanks,
Chris
2019-8-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hold down the FN button to switch off and on. The function button.
2019-8-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 8-9 06:14
Hold down the FN button to switch off and on. The function button.

Ah, thank you! Just charging it up again and will give that a go!
Cheers
Chris
2019-8-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice to know, have fun with it!
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Chris. Thank you for choosing DJI and for purchasing these accessories for the DJI Osmo Pocket. I will be posting a DJI Forum Link on how to use and operate the DJI Extension Rod ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-194091-1-1.html ). Have a safe and a happy filming always. Thank you.
2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice bit of kit Chris - surprising how far £18.71 stretches
2019-8-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-9 10:08
Nice bit of kit Chris - surprising how far £18.71 stretches

Well, hopefully will be put to very good use in October ;-)
2019-8-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-9 09:01
Hello and good day Chris. Thank you for choosing DJI and for purchasing these accessories for the DJI Osmo Pocket. I will be posting a DJI Forum Link on how to use and operate the DJI Extension Rod ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-194091-1-1.html ). Have a safe and a happy filming always. Thank you.

Awesome, thank you DJI Stephen!
Chris
2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 8-9 10:28
Well, hopefully will be put to very good use in October ;-)

Sure looks like - good luck with the shoot
2019-8-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-9 10:57
Sure looks like - good luck with the shoot

Thank you, flights and hotel booked, cannot get tickets to the "gig" until August 30th though!
2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 8-9 11:04
Thank you, flights and hotel booked, cannot get tickets to the "gig" until August 30th though!

Make sure you are ready and waiting at that time as 'gig' tickets can sell out in minutes!
2019-8-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-9 12:25
Make sure you are ready and waiting at that time as 'gig' tickets can sell out in minutes!

Yeah, this one only has 8000 space(s) but not (quite) as popular as say Latitude or Glasto!
2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 8-9 12:50
Yeah, this one only has 8000 space(s) but not (quite) as popular as say Latitude or Glasto!

Be sure to get loads of footage mate (without breaking any copyright laws)
2019-8-9
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

smell soo good  lol
2019-8-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-9 13:16
Be sure to get loads of footage mate (without breaking any copyright laws)

Will do, I don’t think copyright will be an issue where I’m hoping to go!
2019-8-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

STRIDE8 Posted at 8-9 13:21
smell soo good  lol

Amen to that! Gotta love new shinies from DJI!
2019-8-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Some users seem to get confused about the gimbal modes.  Here's my standard "tutorial" on the subject - dunno whether it counts as "fab"! -

In FPV mode (which should have been called 'Unlocked' mode), the gimbal head will follow the direction of the camera handle without restriction - though the movement will be smoothed. It means that the Pocket will behave like any other camera, apart from the smoothed movement.

In Follow mode - which should have been called 'Horizon Lock' mode - the gimbal head will always stay horizontal. This means that you don't have to worry about keeping the horizon straight. The camera will look after itself in that respect, and that's handy because with the tiny screen, it's hard to tell if the horizon is exactly straight or not. Note that "Follow Mode" has nothing at all to do with tracking a face or other subject. This mode is perhaps the most often used.

In Tilt Lock mode, which should have been called 'Tilt and Horizon Lock' mode (except that's too long) the camera behaves the same as in Follow mode (horizon always straight) but in addition, the gimbal will point ahead in one direction. If you move the handle, you won't be able to point the camera up to the sky or down to your feet. You can set it to straight ahead using the 'recenter' option, and you can adjust it down to your feet or up to the sky using the little slider on the right side of the screen. It will then stay pointing at the sky or your feet (or anywhere between) regardless of handle movement.  Of course the wheel of the controller accessory or the joystick on the rod also permits adjustment of tilt.

In all these modes, it's always possible to pan the camera from side to side. If you want to lock that axis as well as the axes locked by Tilt Lock, you'll have to use the controller wheel accessory or the extension rod, and hold down the right hand button on the controller (or top right of the the rod). That makes the camera point in a constant direction, regardless of how you move the handle, thus preventing panning.

If you prefer to use tilt lock most of the time, but sometimes make a movement with the extension rod which needs follow mode, you can turn on follow mode briefly by holding down the button on the left side of the rod.  This is almost an additional mode, a combination of the two.

Hope that helps.

2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 8-9 14:42
Will do, I don’t think copyright will be an issue where I’m hoping to go!

2019-8-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-9 14:54
Some users seem to get confused about the gimbal modes.  Here's my standard "tutorial" on the subject - dunno whether it counts as "fab"! -

In FPV mode (which should have been called 'Unlocked' mode), the gimbal head will follow the direction of the camera handle without restriction - though the movement will be smoothed. It means that the Pocket will behave like any other camera, apart from the smoothed movement.

Thank you, that’s a superb explanation!, very useful and much appreciated.
Chris
2019-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ChrisJG Posted at 8-9 10:29
Awesome, thank you DJI Stephen!
Chris

You are very much welcome Chris. Please stay safe always and keep on filming.
2019-8-10
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

many congrats. ;)
2019-8-12
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you DJI Panda.
2019-8-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with you on that one - nothing better than getting the Mavic 2 Zoom and Osmo Mobile 3 in the same week, like the new car smell wish it would last a bit longer!!!
2019-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules