Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Surprise:(
1324 24 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
Captain
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Came back from vacation only to find the following sign in the park I do most of my weekdays hiking.
Granted, I can launch from the outside the park, but it looks like drone banning is a widespread trend.
DCFE3C8B-6DFA-46E0-A839-FAFCBB860A6F.jpeg
2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very annoying when that happens. Just don't get caught I guess!
2019-8-9
Use props
Ben Mason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get a small box with an Ant in it, strap it to your bird, it now has a Pilot, so it's no longer a drone, easy win
Edit:Nvm, the Ant would be a passenger, guess that count's as a drone still.
2019-8-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Doesn't that mean, the 5mph is not meant for drones?  ;-)

2019-8-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

do you know if the property is public or private..?     if it is public property (not privately owned) and no NFZ or anything appearing on any of maps apps then i say go for it and fly it because FAA runs the show at that point they have not declared it a no fly area.    if it is private property (but open to the public)  then obviously should respect the rules and not make a bad name for us..

the other thing is you can request why they attempting to declare it a "no drone zone"   if they say cuz  there was a case of someone geting hurt or killed then request the incedence report to prove it. put pressure on them..  lot of BS ad misinformation and even outright lies around drones and our community
2019-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s the thing about signs, they really need to be identified as being kosher and apply to the laws rules of local and or national law, if there is a genuine ban on flying drones then there should be a NFZ or an order from appropriate body on display for all to see, people don’t own the airspace above their property and cannot just say you cannot fly here, for many different reasons, like SAR use drones, first responders etc .
People are well covered as regards a breech of their privacy and noise pollution and if when flying you break these laws then suffer the rigors of those laws, but if your just flying across someone’s land at a safe height not loitering or unduly creating a nuisance of yourself, then you are well within your rights to fly.
Of course it’s up to drone flyers (pilots) to be fully aware of what they are doing and fully respect people their property their animals etc, and hopefully we can have a reasonable harmonious relationship with joe public .
2019-8-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

So annoying, such a great location but you can't fly
2019-8-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-9 07:15
That’s the thing about signs, they really need to be identified as being kosher and apply to the laws rules of local and or national law, if there is a genuine ban on flying drones then there should be a NFZ or an order from appropriate body on display for all to see, people don’t own the airspace above their property and cannot just say you cannot fly here, for many different reasons, like SAR use drones, first responders etc .
People are well covered as regards a breech of their privacy and noise pollution and if when flying you break these laws then suffer the rigors of those laws, but if your just flying across someone’s land at a safe height not loitering or unduly creating a nuisance of yourself, then you are well within your rights to fly.
Of course it’s up to drone flyers (pilots) to be fully aware of what they are doing and fully respect people their property their animals etc, and hopefully we can have a reasonable harmonious relationship with joe public .

the issue is if it is private or public property.  if it is public property (not owned by someone) then yes absolutely has to comply with common surrounding laws an if there isn't a NFZ then whatever.  fly and have fun, thats FAA jurisdiction, not local..

if it is private property (open for public use/passage) and they said no drone.. then you cannot pilot from within that space, you can pilot from outside of it into it,  yes..  but you cant stand on that property and pilot it, would be same as if someone walked onto you back deck to fly their drone and told them to leave..
2019-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-9 07:29
the issue is if it is private or public property.  if it is public property (not owned by someone) then yes absolutely has to comply with common surrounding laws an if there isn't a NFZ then whatever.  fly and have fun, thats FAA jurisdiction, not local..

if it is private property (open for public use/passage) and they said no drone.. then you cannot pilot from within that space, you can pilot from outside of it into it,  yes..  but you cant stand on that property and pilot it, would be same as if someone walked onto you back deck to fly their drone and told them to leave..

Nobody can trespass on private property I understand that and I understand not being allowed on private land with a drone, but as you said yourself you are well entitled to fly in the airspace above the private property, so Long  as you do it within the Law which includes not flying in NFZ.

Unfortunately the sign does not explain exactly what it means and there is no flying code that tells you what the sign means, and this needs to be brought into line particularly for drone users who have no way of understanding this vague unspecified sign .
2019-8-9
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Ahh boy.  More knee jerk reactions to the new boogey man, which are drones.  Your best bet is to just make sure you're well informed of FAA regulations and what sectional maps state.  Be more informed than the regular joe and even local law enforcement.  Once you know your legit rules, you can operate in a more confident manner.
2019-8-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Technically this park "belongs" to Conejo Park and Recreation District
https://www.crpd.org/park/wildwood-regional-park/
I searched their web site - no mention on any restrictions.
Funnily, their summer 2019 program advertises "build your own drone" class
https://www.crpd.org/wp-content/ ... rogramGuide-opt.pdf
People did come up there to fly on occasion, not too often.
Yet again, there is a community park just across the street with no such restrictions, it will take the whole 30 seconds or less to cover the distance difference. Granted, launching from inside the park could provide better LOS, so there is that.
And, yet again, there are trails just outside the park which would provide similar visibility and no restrictions.
2019-8-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-9 06:38
Very annoying when that happens. Just don't get caught I guess!

Yup... Not planning on it
2019-8-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ben Mason Posted at 8-9 06:43
Get a small box with an Ant in it, strap it to your bird, it now has a Pilot, so it's no longer a drone, easy win
Edit:Nvm, the Ant would be a passenger, guess that count's as a drone still.

lol, also it's clearly Phantom in the picture, so Mavics should be OK I guess.
2019-8-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 8-9 06:53
Doesn't that mean, the 5mph is not meant for drones?  ;-)
[view_image]

lol, I didn't think of them being related
2019-8-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-9 07:00
do you know if the property is public or private..?     if it is public property (not privately owned) and no NFZ or anything appearing on any of maps apps then i say go for it and fly it because FAA runs the show at that point they have not declared it a no fly area.    if it is private property (but open to the public)  then obviously should respect the rules and not make a bad name for us..

The space is managed by https://www.crpd.org/, I don't know if they actually own the land.
2019-8-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-9 07:15
That’s the thing about signs, they really need to be identified as being kosher and apply to the laws rules of local and or national law, if there is a genuine ban on flying drones then there should be a NFZ or an order from appropriate body on display for all to see, people don’t own the airspace above their property and cannot just say you cannot fly here, for many different reasons, like SAR use drones, first responders etc .

It's not a NFZ for sure. And the sign is not even on the parking lot, it's on the road leading inside the park about 300 ft in. If I parked and launched from the parking lot, I wouldn't even be able to see the sign.
2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 8-9 12:55
Yup... Not planning on it

2019-8-9
Use props
Marty Markoe
Captain
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recently read of a guy who purchased a yellow "Service Dog," vest off Amazon so he could get preferential treatment on public transportation.  The sign might not be official. Just may be some local anti-drone nut put it up.
2019-8-10
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Marty Markoe Posted at 8-10 04:55
Recently read of a guy who purchased a yellow "Service Dog," vest off Amazon so he could get preferential treatment on public transportation.  The sign might not be official. Just may be some local anti-drone nut put it up.

You know, the funny thing is, the first time I saw this sign, which I think was identical, was on a trail in Waterton, Alberta, Canada, not a two weeks ago. And now this. Maybe they do sell them on Amazon...
2019-8-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That sucks. Seem to be the new trend
2019-8-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 8-10 07:07
You know, the funny thing is, the first time I saw this sign, which I think was identical, was on a trail in Waterton, Alberta, Canada, not a two weeks ago. And now this. Maybe they do sell them on Amazon...

honestly...i would steal it, cuz i dont think its "official"   and it looks to me like something for sale in some store.  

i have a ratchet set and impact driver in my car i carry with me everywhere.. i definitely would remove it and take it home..
2019-8-10
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 8-10 07:16
That sucks. Seem to be the new trend

Sure does
2019-8-10
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-10 07:53
honestly...i would steal it, cuz i dont think its "official"   and it looks to me like something for sale in some store.  

i have a ratchet set and impact driver in my car i carry with me everywhere.. i definitely would remove it and take it home..

It's definitely park's doing, look at the mounting hardware. But it might not be completely above the table, since their website says nothing.
2019-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-10 07:53

Yep!!  Id do the same!
2019-8-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-18
Use props
Advanced