Why so many prop type's and mounts?
1266 5 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerv55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2004911 ft
United Kingdom

Bought a second hand inspire one and it has the push down and twist type of props, though after watching some vids there has been some talk about them popping off.  The upgraded mount adapter also seems to have issues with the 'red' lock having some play in it.

Are any of these inherently any better than the others?  I never had any issues with the spin on props on the phantom, which was the default system the inspire 1 used to come with, and the clip on prop locks seems to make these very secure.  Myself i prefer the spin on type with the clip on prop lock which im considering going to and removing the adopter for the push down and twist version on my drone, or is it better to change to the newer system that has the turn locks with red indicators on 2 of the mounts?  
2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depends which model you bought - the V2.0, Pro, Pro Black Edition and Raw models use the 1345T props on the 3510H motors - these are the best props on the Inspire 1.
2019-8-9
Use props
Gerv55
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-9 10:25
Depends which model you bought - the V2.0, Pro, Pro Black Edition and Raw models use the 1345T props on the 3510H motors - these are the best props on the Inspire 1.

It's the original version afaik, model t600, the previous owner fitted those upgraded prop holders to it that you have to push down and turn but to me they never felt as solid as the spin on ones with a prop lock.

What model props are the ones that spin  on like the phantom etc?  Seems to be hard to find many in stock anywhere in the uk or eu, of any variety that is.
2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gerv55 Posted at 8-9 12:40
It's the original version afaik, model t600, the previous owner fitted those upgraded prop holders to it that you have to push down and turn but to me they never felt as solid as the spin on ones with a prop lock.

What model props are the ones that spin  on like the phantom etc?  Seems to be hard to find many in stock anywhere in the uk or eu, of any variety that is.

The Inspire 1 (version 1) models A and B (the very first ones released in Jan' 2015) came with the 1345 self-tightening props - the removable locks were added with model B.

Model C came with the 1345S props mid 2015 that twist turned on metal latches and replaced the original ones

Model D and the V2.0 and all the pro models that came out later in 2015-2016 use the 1345T props that have locks on the motors (red and white dots) - I can assure you these are excellent props. I've never lost one in over 30 hours of flying Inspire 1's.

Do note that with the Inspire 1 having reached EOL now accessories are becoming more difficult to find and props in particular are increasingly difficult.

I found two sets totalling 8 1345T's from an old DJI dealer in Wales having searched the internet high and low - these were the only brand new 1345T's left from any UK dealer (including DJI) that I could find - everywhere is out of stock. You will find it very difficult finding the original 1345's too as they were upgraded 4 years ago and are discontinued...

You may find some on places like Ebay but whether they are genuine or not is for you to decide. Be warned that prices for Inspire 1 props are ridiculous now. I paid £6 for one pair of my spare 1345T's - so £24 for all 8. People are selling those props for as much as £120 a pair on Ebay now! High demand with zero supply. I was lucky and will probably be able to sell my spare props for more than the drone when that time comes!! Good luck.
2019-8-9
Use props
Gerv55
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-9 13:02
The Inspire 1 (version 1) models A and B (the very first ones released in Jan' 2015) came with the 1345 self-tightening props - the removable locks we added with model B.

Model C came with the 1345S props mid 2015 that twist turned on metal latches and replaced the original ones

Yeah i've noticed the prices have jumped up considerably, not sure why dji don't still produce these as there's clearly a demand for them.
Ended up ordering 2 sets of the 'spin on' carbon fibre props which are meant to be compatible with the old clip on prop lock.  If theyre not upto scratch i'll go to the newer red\white dot lock variation.
2019-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gerv55 Posted at 8-9 13:14
Yeah i've noticed the prices have jumped up considerably, not sure why dji don't still produce these as there's clearly a demand for them.
Ended up ordering 2 sets of the 'spin on' carbon fibre props which are meant to be compatible with the old clip on prop lock.  If theyre not upto scratch i'll go to the newer red\white dot lock variation.

Hope they work for you as that's my point, there aren't any red/white dot props around. I spoke with a DJI mod who said they are not discontinued but have been out of stock for a very long time whilst UK DJI dealers have advised me that they have been discontinued. So very pleased I have 16 in the case with 12 of those having never been used and still in part 69 boxes and sealed bags!

My guess is that is DJI's way of easing out the Inspire 1 from the sky to make room for newer tech - especially given the revised laws around airsense coming into effect next year and that the Inspire 1 is very much a legacy drone with dated tech and limited redundancy. Still, it continues to be serviced by DJI so we should see Inspire 1's around for a year or three yet as the requirement for airsense tech to be fitted to drones won't come into effect in the UK until 01 July 2022 and any law can soon change with Brexit.
2019-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules