16293 54 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AerialVid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398428 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to request Loop Recording be added to the DJI Osmo Action. This is a great feature the GOPro has which would be valueable in the line of work I do thanks you!
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AerialVid. Thank you for sharing this request. I will forward these thread to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI and of the DJI Osmo Action. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you.
2019-8-9
Use props
AerialVid
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-9 09:52
Hello and good day AerialVid. Thank you for sharing this request. I will forward these thread to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI and of the DJI Osmo Action. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply and forward!
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AerialVid Posted at 8-9 14:36
Thank you for your reply and forward!

You are very much welcome AerialVid. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-8-10
Use props
djiuser_wauKE1Jf6V8Q
New
Flight distance : 159573 ft
South Africa

Any news on the loop firmware update?
2019-8-24
Use props
fans8e43acf1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 375046 ft
  • >>>

Hi, any update yet? Strongly suggest to add this feature please....thanks
2019-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

+1 for this feature.
2019-9-9
Use props
IanVersfeldFish
New
Flight distance : 159573 ft

Can we have some feedback please
2019-9-10
Use props
Sam Root
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94380 ft
  • >>>

Definitely miss this feature. (loop recording) it's available in pretty much all action camera these days.
2019-9-14
Use props
VenomousSVT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5492 ft

bought an osmo action today to replace my hero 7 black... found out there is no looping feature so I guess it'll be going right back to BestBuy.  I'll just give more money to GoPro for a hero 8 seeing how DJI obviously doesnt want my money.
2019-10-1
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft

Loop record would be useful for dashcam use etc.  +1 on this request.
2019-10-1
Use props
AerialVid
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Bump for update.
2019-11-19
Use props
fansb6a107a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1082320 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bump for an update please!! I help film and manage media for several bass fishing pros who compete on the Major League Fishing tour and am constantly in contact with numerous people asking us questions all the time about the best setup for a bass boat to be able to record a fishing tournament and just in general for fishing... It simply isn't feasible to use the DJI Osmo currently unless you have a dedicated video guy dumping footage or changing out a stockpile of 258gb memory cards currently. Fishing is a whole lot of "downtime" in between the action so it is not uncommon to film 8 hours for 10 minutes of content and if the camera is not already recording before the bite it is practically useless...

PLEASE NOTE, I do believe these camera's are superior in every other aspect in my own opinion... It's a major inconvenience for the few of us who have tried to use DJI has been forced back into using GoPro's even though we use DJI drone's and Osmo's for other footage simply due to the fact that the gopro LOOPING mode is by far the most convenient method for fisherman to record a full day of fishing without filling up hard drives or editing immediately after a long day.

I have honestly considered having developer's (family) look into reaching out and attempting this themselves but i know for a fact that the addition of this mode will put the OSMO leagues in head of GoPro in the sport fishing industry and will be used by all of the top touring pro's around the country which will surely drive sales. I cannot speak on the newest model of GoPro to the full extent yet as I have not gotten a lot of real world testing in on it yet but the physical build of the new GoPro's already paves the way for DJI to take over in the fishing world. On the newest models to have the port opened and the charger connected means also exposing the whole battery compartment as the whole side opens up, so unless their media mod make's it decently waterproof, they are basically useless for tournament fishing use.
2019-11-27
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i have just got myself a Osmo Action and the loop feature seems to be there.. However recording today it seemed to record for 30 mins yet only gave me one 5.52 loop. love the camera but seems t be a lot of teething issues.
2019-12-16
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fat Hairy Biker Posted at 12-16 14:53
i have just got myself a Osmo Action and the loop feature seems to be there.. However recording today it seemed to record for 30 mins yet only gave me one 5.52 loop. love the camera but seems t be a lot of teething issues.

I mentioned in another thread it hasn't 'appeared' on mine for some reason, I probably wouldn't use it anyway but it's odd if some cameras can't run all the features or didn't take the firmware correctly.
In light of the above ^ perhaps another update will be along soon to improve things.
2019-12-16
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

What is really weird is that I had it on this morning (1080p, 60FPS and RS on) and it recorded the whole journey (about an hour) what is annoying is that even though loop was turned on it is a single file... this is a royal pain in the proverbial as I can't download just the section that I want... I don' have the spare storage on my phone to download the whole thing to then edit on my phone.  The  Mimo app doesn't let you take a snip of the whole file to download...  (the Go-Pro app does, although it is ...e) you have to download the whole thing then edit.
2019-12-17
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

And now....... my device seems to have updated to the latest firmware and the loop function has now disappeared
WFH is going on....
2019-12-17
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI work in mysterious ways, their wonders to perform.
2019-12-17
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I have yet to look for the loop function.  Guess I should check!
2019-12-17
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Loop has now appeared back
2019-12-18
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fat Hairy Biker Posted at 12-18 04:06
Loop has now appeared back

So where is it, I still don't have it, I feel cheated ;)
2019-12-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2019-12-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

So all I did was test out .  For me I chose a    setting in loop say 2k7 5 minute interval I  got  1 minute files  LMEAO!
2019-12-18
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

thats what I got too @fishycomics.. 2 steps forward 1 back lol
Hopefully someone from DJI will reply to this thread and give us some info!!!
2019-12-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Fat Hairy Biker Posted at 12-18 13:33
thats what I got too @fishycomics.. 2 steps forward 1 back lol
Hopefully someone from DJI will reply to this thread and give us some info!!!

never can a company or even me do things right.    Lol

I  think when we leave info out that is what we get. glad  one said one file, you and I see multiples the right way.
2019-12-18
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Fishycomics Posted at 12-18 05:55
So all I did was test out .  For me I chose a    setting in loop say 2k7 5 minute interval I  got  1 minute files  LMEAO!

Were there 5 of them by any chance?
2019-12-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

why I did post 22.
2019-12-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

You seem to be confusing the "loop duration" with the file split interval dashcams have.

The setting in Osmo Action tells at what time the camera will start erasing the old files. So if you set it to 5 minutes, the camera will record up to 5 minutes, and start looping (getting rid of the files starting from the oldest). So you will always have a maximum of 5 minutes recording on the card. Individual split file duration is chosen by the camera accordingly (1 minute for a 5 minute loop, 5 minutes for a 20 minutes loop etc.)

This way you can dedicate only a certain amount of your sd card to loop recording without filling it up. If you want to use the whole card, simply change the setting to infinity.

Hope this helps
2019-12-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 12-20 07:31
You seem to be confusing the "loop duration" with the file split interval dashcams have.

The setting in Osmo Action tells at what time the camera will start erasing the old files. So if you set it to 5 minutes, the camera will record up to 5 minutes, and start looping (getting rid of the files starting from the oldest). So you will always have a maximum of 5 minutes recording on the card. Individual split file duration is chosen by the camera accordingly (1 minute for a 5 minute loop, 5 minutes for a 20 minutes loop etc.)

I would think if it was correctly displayed:  5 minute Looping I see at a 5 minute video Only 1 5 minute video.  Not 5 1 minute videos.  If I chose 1 hour  looping. I should see  how many minutes per video.
2019-12-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Fishycomics Posted at 12-20 07:57
I would think if it was correectly displayed:  5 minute Looping I see at a 5 minute video Only 1 5 minute video.  Not 5 1 minute videos.  If I chose 1 hour  looping. I should see  how many minutes per video.

That is odd... To make sure I just tested again. At the 5 minute loop setting mine records in 1 minute files, and starts erasing them from the oldest when the recording reaches 6 minutes. So it always has 5 full 1 minute files and a 6th shorter file that it was working on when I hit the stop button.

Cannot imagine why yours is acting differently

2019-12-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 12-20 19:55
That is odd... To make sure I just tested again. At the 5 minute loop setting mine records in 1 minute files, and starts erasing them from the oldest when the recording reaches 6 minutes. So it always has 5 full 1 minute files and a 6th shorter file that it was working on when I hit the stop button.

Cannot imagine why yours is acting differently

CemAgun I never  recorded past 6 minutes.   Thanks will test that out. Not a fan of that Lol.
2019-12-21
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Fishycomics Posted at 12-21 04:22
CemAgun I never  recorded past 6 minutes.   Thanks will test that out. Not a fan of that Lol.

Ah, I see Personally, I also don't use the loop recording, but I can see how it can be  useful in certain cases...
2019-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 12-21 17:04
Ah, I see  Personally, I also don't use the loop recording, but I can see how it can be  useful in certain cases...

Yes only when the Intervals are used correctly.
2019-12-22
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 12-22 05:26
Yes only when the Intervals are used correctly.

Or more to the point when the loop WORKS correctly!!!
2019-12-23
Use props
fans9b513ea9
New

United States

Fat Hairy Biker Posted at 12-23 07:51
Or more to the point when the loop WORKS correctly!!!

Even after I had recorded for 30 minutes, I only got 5 minutes or so total clips in one minute 10 seconds segment. Guess someone should tell DJI what looping means.
1: We all want to use/fill the whole space of the memory card.
2ooping means when it is filled up it will delete the older clips.
3:we have the right to choose the length of the clip, say, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes, a policy has been adopted by the whole world. When the card is filled up, the oldest clips will be deleted. Any other way of lopping will be regarded as weird.

No, after all the frustrations of looping, the next day I turned on the camera, it wouldn't record anything, I had to do a factory reset, later on I realized the time was not running right, it would start from 0:0, doesn't matter how I set it up, always.
2019-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Well then tell goPro that, as well.   all I can do is watch them  tryt osell the Brooklyn bridge back to the Indians  .
2019-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

eleted.
2019-12-26
Use props
AerialVid
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans9b513ea9 Posted at 12-25 14:46
Even after I had recorded for 30 minutes, I only got 5 minutes or so total clips in one minute 10 seconds segment. Guess someone should tell DJI what looping means.
1: We all want to use/fill the whole space of the memory card.
2ooping means when it is filled up it will delete the older clips.

No... this is exactly how GoPro does it. Perfect update... I don't want it to use my entire card only record 5 mins till I stop it. Thanks DJI!
2019-12-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yes its not Horrific ,  it does work just not explained. oh forgot  its not noted in the manual. so Maybe  DJI can write  how its done then we all can be on the right page?
2019-12-29
Use props
AerialVid
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 12-29 15:42
Yes its not Horrific ,  it does work just not explained. oh forgot  its not noted in the manual. so Maybe  DJI can write  how its done then we all can be on the right page?

I also see they have infinite loop for people that want it to fill up the card. Not sure if the previous person missed that or I might be late to the thread. Hope everyone has a great new year.
2019-12-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules