DJI Action Loop Record
16365 54 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

AerialVid Posted at 12-29 15:47
I also see they have infinite loop for people that want it to fill up the card. Not sure if the previous person missed that or I might be late to the thread. Hope everyone has a great new year.

It does indeed have infinite loop but I want to record a complete commute (about an hour) but have that hour split into 5min files.. this is how my GoPro and cheaper action cams work.. I don't have the storage on my phone to download a 1hr long file (probably 60-70GB)

@DJI HELP GET THIS SORTED
2019-12-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Fat Hairy Biker Posted at 12-30 01:56
It does indeed have infinite loop but I want to record a complete commute (about an hour) but have that hour split into 5min files.. this is how my GoPro and cheaper action cams work.. I don't have the storage on my phone to download a 1hr long file (probably 60-70GB)

@DJI HELP GET THIS SORTED

I may be confused (not completely unusual) but can't the Action already do that without any need for looping?  I "filmed" an over hour walk around a local park when I first got the Action.  If anything battery power might be the limitation but you can charge the camera while using it or power if without a battery.  

To clarify my above post - when you film for a long time, actually, greater than about 5 or 6 minutes, the Osmo Action automatically splits the video at about 4gigs or about 5-6 minutes.  It creates a series of sequential videos with barely a minimum gap (or none?).  So, if you filmed for about an hour, it would break that video in ten or so separate files.  Obviously, the quality, framerate and other factors may control the size of each approximately five minute segment.

2019-12-30
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 12-30 07:26
I may be confused (not completely unusual) but can't the Action already do that without any need for looping?  I "filmed" an over hour walk around a local park when I first got the Action.  If anything battery power might be the limitation but you can charge the camera while using it or power if without a battery.

I really need it to loop.. as I said in a previous comment I want to record my whole hour commute but have that broken down into 5 min sections.
I can't download a 20-30gb file for just a small section that I need.
2019-12-31
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Fat Hairy Biker Posted at 12-31 01:49
I really need it to loop.. as I said in a previous comment I want to record my whole hour commute but have that broken down into 5 min sections.

Osmo Action always splits files at 4GB (regardless of the recording option you choose) and that corresponds to about 5 minutes per individual file at 4K. You cannot create 20-30 gb files even if you wanted to.
2019-12-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Fat Hairy Biker Posted at 12-31 01:49

looping or video?
2019-12-31
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 2019-12-31 02:09
Osmo Action always splits files at 4GB (regardless of the recording option you choose) and that corresponds to about 5 minutes per individual file at 4K. You cannot create 20-30 gb files even if you wanted to.

mine doesn't.. when I record 4k 60fps it is one complete file.... unless I have missed an option somewhere..
2020-1-3
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Fat Hairy Biker Posted at 1-3 04:40
mine doesn't.. when I record 4k 60fps it is one complete file.... unless I have missed an option somewhere..

That is extremely weird. When you have the chance, can you please record a file bigger than 4GB (6 minutes and up to be sure) and check how that file shows on a PC/Mac?

2020-1-3
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 1-3 07:08
That is extremely weird. When you have the chance, can you please record a file bigger than 4GB (6 minutes and up to be sure) and check how that file shows on a PC/Mac?

I will record my commute home and post it later
2020-1-3
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

so here are the images.. You can see on the Mac it is showing multiple files but on the camera it only shows as one, so you cannot download just a small section..
2020-1-3
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Fat Hairy Biker Posted at 1-3 13:24
so here are the images.. You can see on the Mac it is showing multiple files but on the camera it only shows as one, so you cannot download just a small section..[view_image][view_image]

Ah I see your problem now. But it has got nothing to do with loop recording, or anything recording related for that matter

It is about how the mimo app handles the split files. It treats them as a single giant file even though they are not.

I honestly don't know if DJI would ever change that; but if not, your best bet is finding a way to browse your SD card on your phone without the mimo app. Maybe get a card reader that is compatible with your phone? This way you can get only the parts you want transferred, as they are already split.
2020-1-3
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So I have opened up a support case with DJI about getting the function added to the Camera/mimo app that is sees the large files broken down... I can see this being really good for those that record long periods (ie a commute) but only want to download 5-10 mins of that.. this is all to the phone on the go...
2020-1-10
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 1-3 16:40
Ah I see your problem now. But it has got nothing to do with loop recording, or anything recording related for that matter

It is about how the mimo app handles the split files. It treats them as a single giant file even though they are not.

I have purchased a dongle that will allow me to do that on my iPhone
2020-1-10
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Fat Hairy Biker Posted at 1-10 01:46
I have purchased a dongle that will allow me to do that on my iPhone

Ah, glad to hear you have a solution . Of course it would also be nice if DJI adds an option to see the split files as they are into the Mimo app...
2020-1-10
Use props
Fat Hairy Biker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 1-10 18:21
Ah, glad to hear you have a solution . Of course it would also be nice if DJI adds an option to see the split files as they are into the Mimo app...

Agreed and I have a support case open... It might help that I am the UK distie for DJI so if needed use some internal help (don't want to use this option unless really needed)
2020-1-13
Use props
V
lvl.1
United States

What's the reason for limiting loop recording to 4k30?
2020-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules