Spark Will Not Activate
3207 16 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

Ok, got new Spark, been three days trying to activate, last two with DJI on-line for several hours........no luck.  Using iPhone, tried the scanner, tried the app, removed and reinstalled the app and tried again twice........no activation and it never goes according to the steps DJI says it should.  Short of return for refund and try another brand are there any workable suggestions?
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the issue you are having. The scanning code activation is not currently available, please guide the customer to activate by APP. For a single drone, please connect to the aircraft Wi-Fi, For a combo, please connect to remote controller Wi-Fi. After connection, please check the network status and try again. Also, if the problem still persists, can you please try to activate the drone using a different mobile device to see if there would be some changes? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-8-9
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-9 13:28
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the issue you are having. The scanning code activation is not currently available, please guide the customer to activate by APP. For a single drone, please connect to the aircraft Wi-Fi, For a combo, please connect to remote controller Wi-Fi. After connection, please check the network status and try again. Also, if the problem still persists, can you please try to activate the drone using a different mobile device to see if there would be some changes? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Tried the app several times, tried removing the app and same results.  I never get the Activate screen.....after logging in to my account the app goes straight to a screen that says "Enter Aircraft" and wants me to use the scanner (which we already know does not work)!  Tried on another iPhone and tried on an iPad, all three mobile devices have current IOS.   I start the drone, start the remote, connect the phone or iPad to the remote wifi, then start DJI Go 4 App, login to my account and then it goes straight to the Enter Device screen after I agree to the terms.....I never get the option to activate!
2019-8-11
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

briarphotos Posted at 8-11 14:24
Tried the app several times, tried removing the app and same results.  I never get the Activate screen.....after logging in to my account the app goes straight to a screen that says "Enter Aircraft" and wants me to use the scanner (which we already know does not work)!  Tried on another iPhone and tried on an iPad, all three mobile devices have current IOS.   I start the drone, start the remote, connect the phone or iPad to the remote wifi, then start DJI Go 4 App, login to my account and then it goes straight to the Enter Device screen after I agree to the terms.....I never get the option to activate!

Long shot but is the drone and controller firmware the latest ?
2019-8-12
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

Ben Mason Posted at 8-12 01:43
Long shot but is the drone and controller firmware the latest ?

As best I know.......the Go 4 App had a red bar saying firmware update available, I ran it and now it says firmware is up to date......of course I still am not able to activate, and am only connected to the remote wifi, but guess that takes care of both of them since DJI says when you buy the Fly More package the controller and aircraft are already linked.

Flight Time - still 0!
2019-8-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi briarphotos, may we have the color of Aircraft Status Indicators when you power on? Are they flashing fast yellow? If yes, the RC was not connected to the aircraft, please link them first: GTScreenshot_20190813_114103.png

2019-8-12
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

Front indicators are solid red and rear are flashing yellow as you call it.......kinda looks green to me, and the link light on the RC is a steady red.
2019-8-13
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

Note..........even tried DJI's steps to link the RC and drone, no luck there either.  Never get any beeps when I press and hold the drone power button.  And I do not even get a wifi signal from the drone when I just turn it on without the RC......DJI said to try that too, but no go.
2019-8-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

briarphotos Posted at 8-13 11:57
Note..........even tried DJI's steps to link the RC and drone, no luck there either.  Never get any beeps when I press and hold the drone power button.  And I do not even get a wifi signal from the drone when I just turn it on without the RC......DJI said to try that too, but no go.

Did you ever get this sorted out?
2019-8-25
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-25 21:49
Did you ever get this sorted out?

Yes, thanks for checking.  Finally put together a set of steps from the recommendations that I got from DJI as well as watching various YouTube videos and had my first flight yesterday!  I can send you the steps if you'd like.

Am stuck now with a message that keeps popping up on my mobile device that I need to change the wifi password.......not sure if it means on the remote or the aircraft, or both.  And, everything I have tried for changing the remote wifi password does not work.  Also do not know if the wifi password on the aircraft is unique from the factory or a rubber stamp like that on the remote............hear all kinds of horror stories about drones hijacked in flight, but seem stuck in the vulnerable mode for now.  
2019-9-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

briarphotos Posted at 9-1 11:37
Yes, thanks for checking.  Finally put together a set of steps from the recommendations that I got from DJI as well as watching various YouTube videos and had my first flight yesterday!  I can send you the steps if you'd like.

Am stuck now with a message that keeps popping up on my mobile device that I need to change the wifi password.......not sure if it means on the remote or the aircraft, or both.  And, everything I have tried for changing the remote wifi password does not work.  Also do not know if the wifi password on the aircraft is unique from the factory or a rubber stamp like that on the remote............hear all kinds of horror stories about drones hijacked in flight, but seem stuck in the vulnerable mode for now.

It is meaning the 12341234 default password for the RC
This started some time ago with some version change of the go4, not sure, but possible when a 4.3.x came first out?
I can't recall that 100%, but didn't we need to be connected via cable to the RC, to change that password?
Also I am on android and never use Wifi from device to RC.
But I have, on both of my sparks, changed the SSID and password once, during first set up.
So it is working and wasn't a difficult case.
Oh, there was, some time ago, a word going around: can only be changed with android devices.
Perhaps you can try that?
2019-9-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

briarphotos Posted at 9-1 11:37

Am stuck now with a message that keeps popping up on my mobile device that I need to change the wifi password.......not sure if it means on the remote or the aircraft, or both.  And, everything I have tried for changing the remote wifi password does not work.  Also do not know if the wifi password on the aircraft is unique from the factory or a rubber stamp like that on the remote............hear all kinds of horror stories about drones hijacked in flight, but seem stuck in the vulnerable mode for now.

Yes, changing the WiFi access point name and security password is encouraged just in case someone like you is flying their Spark, in which case a crossing of the seam can become a risk , Just changing your WiFi name and password to something symbolic to you will likely not lead to any issues if there are other flyers near you who might experience interference?
2019-9-9
Use props
uduboy
lvl.1

United States

briarphotos Posted at 2019-9-1 11:37

Am stuck now with a message that keeps popping up on my mobile device that I need to change the wifi password.......not sure if it means on the remote or the aircraft, or both.  And, everything I have tried for changing the remote wifi password does not work.  Also do not know if the wifi password on the aircraft is unique from the factory or a rubber stamp like that on the remote............hear all kinds of horror stories about drones hijacked in flight, but seem stuck in the vulnerable mode for now.

Hi Briarphotos,  I am very new to the Drone world.  I purchased a DJI Spark and am having all of the issues you had.  I found your thread because of a question I put in the general browser window.  In your #10 post you had replied that through a series of events you put together a list of steps that got you through to the activation screen.  After several attempts I can not get to the activation screen and so therefore I can not get to the other side where my devices are all synched and I can safely fly.  Would you mind sharing those steps with me?  I am at that point where I feel like I just want to return the drone and accessories I purchased and look elsewhere.  It really should not be this difficult to set up.  Kind of hard to be inspired.  Thank you so much for your consideration.  I look forward to hearing from you, Brian aka uduboy
2020-11-6
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

uduboy Posted at 11-6 21:32
Hi Briarphotos,  I am very new to the Drone world.  I purchased a DJI Spark and am having all of the issues you had.  I found your thread because of a question I put in the general browser window.  In your #10 post you had replied that through a series of events you put together a list of steps that got you through to the activation screen.  After several attempts I can not get to the activation screen and so therefore I can not get to the other side where my devices are all synched and I can safely fly.  Would you mind sharing those steps with me?  I am at that point where I feel like I just want to return the drone and accessories I purchased and look elsewhere.  It really should not be this difficult to set up.  Kind of hard to be inspired.  Thank you so much for your consideration.  I look forward to hearing from you, Brian aka uduboy

Here i wht works or me.........but be advised, it worked on the second unit I received after the first never did:

1.  Charge the Spark batteries and the Remote Controller.
2.  Turn on the aircraft, then turn on the RC.
3.  Check after a couple of minutes to make sure there is a green light on the RC showing it is linked to the aircraft.  If the light is red, then follow these steps for linking the aircraft to the remote:

a.  Turn off the Remote and aircraft.
        b.  Turn on the aircraft and Remote.
        c.  Hold the aircraft power button down for 3 seconds or until you get a single beep.
        d.  On the Remote press the Pause, Fn, and Custom button at the same time.

4.  Once the RC and aircraft are linked, connect your mobile device to the RC wifi.
5.  Start the Go 4 App and log in to your account.
6.  Click on the button on the App to Activate.
7.  Follow the on screen prompts to complete the activation steps, name your aircraft, and choose initial flight settings.
8.  After activation is complete, run any Firmware Updates that are offered.
9.  Choose Go Fly banner on the bottom right of the App.
10.  Calibrate the Compass and IMU.
11.  Set your Return Home point.
12.  Start flying!

Good Luck........my Spark still going strong and a joy to fly!
2020-11-7
Use props
uduboy
lvl.1

United States

briarphotos Posted at 11-7 08:47
Here i wht works or me.........but be advised, it worked on the second unit I received after the first never did:

1.  Charge the Spark batteries and the Remote Controller.

Hi Briarphotos -

Thank you so very much for your reply.

I can successfully get to #6 on your list  = Hit button to activate -
it directs me to try and scan qr code.  says Scan QR Code Failed.  Please try manually connecting, I select manually connect it brings me to a screen that outlines your steps 2, 3 & 4.  It is a circle of repeating the same steps and I can't get beyond it.  All of this has been done already so that I could get to your step #6.  Once you confirm all this is complete along the top of the page it gives you the ability to select a back button that returns you to the screen with the button options: to activate the aircraft, connect to the aircraft, or enter the camera view.  I can't activate my spark.  The crazy thing is that if I simply start spark, start RC - they link successfully and then start the DJI Go 4 app the screen goes to the spark, lower left corner it shows green dot next to connected and lower right I see go fly, when I select go fly I see my camera view.  Out of utter frustration - I brought my spark out and was able to fly it but my concern with all of this if the the spark has not gone through the activation step will it be unstable.  This whole experience is not only completely frustrating, it isn't inspiring at all.  I have now tried all of this on Samsung Tab A, Samsung Note 8, iphone SE, and an iphone 11.  and am never able to get beyond where I am in this outline to you.  I have tried to do it disconnecting the RC that came with the Spark and connect directly to an iphone only to wind up in the same place. - nothing seems to be working.  If infact the spark is able to fly I'll enjoy it but feel very frustrated because if not activating is going to mean Spark is unstable - I might just as well pack it back up and return it.  Thank you for time - Brian

View on my phone screen when I select Go Fly

View on my phone screen when I select Go Fly
2020-11-8
Use props
uduboy
lvl.1

United States

uduboy Posted at 11-6 21:32

Briarphotos -

Hi - may have found out what the issue is after all.  I had also contacted dji directly and submitted the sn: on my spark.  I purchased an open box from a store - not thinking that the previous owner or even the store may have actually activated it.  So anyway - the reason I have been struggling is due to the fact that the Spark and both batteries that originally came with the Fly More pack are in fact - Activated.  What a crazy thing.  I don't think anybody would have thought to ask, or maybe I am simply an idiot.  Anyway - first off - really want to thank you for your time.  Secondly - Now that dji has confirmedmy spark is activated and I feel confident that the spark is taken care of and I am getting into the flying screen with my cameras view on Samsung Tab A 8" 2019, Samsung Note 8 as well as an iphone SE I just would like your opinion on what smart device you are currently using since everything has been working great for you.  I ask because I'm not sure after further research if the Tab A, Note 8 or even the iphone SE have enough in the specs to run everything flawlessly.

Thank you again for your time.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Brian aka uduboy  
2020-11-8
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

uduboy Posted at 11-8 11:11
Briarphotos -

Hi - may have found out what the issue is after all.  I had also contacted dji directly and submitted the sn: on my spark.  I purchased an open box from a store - not thinking that the previous owner or even the store may have actually activated it.  So anyway - the reason I have been struggling is due to the fact that the Spark and both batteries that originally came with the Fly More pack are in fact - Activated.  What a crazy thing.  I don't think anybody would have thought to ask, or maybe I am simply an idiot.  Anyway - first off - really want to thank you for your time.  Secondly - Now that dji has confirmedmy spark is activated and I feel confident that the spark is taken care of and I am getting into the flying screen with my cameras view on Samsung Tab A 8" 2019, Samsung Note 8 as well as an iphone SE I just would like your opinion on what smart device you are currently using since everything has been working great for you.  I ask because I'm not sure after further research if the Tab A, Note 8 or even the iphone SE have enough in the specs to run everything flawlessly.

I am using an old iPhone 6, set to Airplane mode......don't use the phone or anything else but flying the craft.  As of yet, have never had it drop off line to Ani(?) mode or loose signal and have had it over 1/4 mile away (stop about there as eyes aren't so good any more so loose sight of it), and up to 400 ft altitude.  

I live in the country near a rural town, so no big wifi interference out here, and do most of my flying around our place and surrounding area, or when visiting in-laws at other cities....but they all live in rural suburbs, so not much interference at any of them.  

Glad your airborne now, enjoy the flying!
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules