Iphone 10 OTG cable
1020 8 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

When I first got my drone about a month ago now I was able to use an OTG cable with my iphone 10 connected to my controller.  Now all the sudden it won't work and just says its charging my phone.  Never shows connected in the app, unless I'm inside playing around with the settings.

I'm still able to fly outside just have to connect my phone to the controller wi-fi.  As far as I know everything is up to date (Controller, spark, batteries)
2019-8-9
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Nick,

May be you have connected the cable backwards?
OTG cables have a "host" end and a "client" end. The host end needs to go into the R/C.
The host end is usually somehow marked.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-8-10
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
United States

Only thing I can think of is I have the lighting cable upside down......pretty sure it worked both ways.  The other end is a mini-USB connection and only goes in one way.  I'll have it a try when I get home
BTW the cable I use is a straight miro-usb to lighting cable.  No adapters in between.
2019-8-10
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Yea. If it's charging your phone, you have it right-way around. I wonder if a wire broke and it's no longer passing data.
2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate reaching out with regard to this concern. Unfortunately, the OTG cable connect is optimized for the Android devices as of the time being. Therefore, using OTG cable going to the iPhone can't guarantee the outcome as this connection type is not yet recommended. Thank you for understanding.
2019-8-11
Use props
Cavids
lvl.3
United States

I also just bought a spark ( I had one before and it worked with the OTG cable)  so I ordered a brand new otg cable and it does not work, only works via wifi
2019-8-18
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

Either the OTG cable is not seated correctly due to a phone case or it is broken. My phone usually tells me the cable is not supported but it still works fine. The only times I have had a problem was when my new iphone x case stopped the lightning plug from seating correctly but it still allowed it to charge.
2019-8-18
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
United States

I ended up having to flip the lighting side upside down in order for it to register on my phone.  Once you get the message that OTG cables are not supported your all set.
2019-8-20
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Yes! iPhones always complain that the remote is not supported. iOS doesn't know how to transfer photos or share files with a DJI remote. Just click that stupid message away and you're all set to go. On my android, I know I have it plugged when the phone complains it could charge faster with its own charger.
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules