Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
fly in different places
756 2 2019-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Screwy1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75167 ft
United Kingdom

i read a lot of posts refering to take off and landing on public roads and row and wondered if i take off from one of these areas can i fly across any area i wish to not counting no fly areas

thanks

2019-8-10
Use props
Miro Perez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Maybe check the faa website it has helpful information.
2019-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I take it you are UK based in which case the flight of UAV's are regulated by the UK CAA (not the FAA who have no control over our airspace). Taking off from public roads is technically not permitted if a car is likely to pass by as your drone will be within 30m of a vehicle and person/s on take off/landing and busy roads such as motorways and A-roads are considered congested zones in which case you should keep your drone 150m away from them. The reason for this is to minimise the risk of causing a third party injury or damage - imagine if your battery failed in flight and your drone dropped from the air into the windscreen of a moving vehicle carrying a family cruising at 70MPH on a motorway... Headline news and another notch to drones being banned - not to mention the legal action taken against you in a court room!

Public access paths i.e. through a park or farmers filed is fine providing the local council has not banned drones in that area and your flight is compliant with the CAA drone code and air navigation order.
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules