Mavic Pro - Drone Crash (Drone Fall Out of Sky)
979 3 2019-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCorder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 498914 ft
United States

So I was flying my mavic pro a few months back.... it was right after the latest software upgrade and mid flight the drone fell from the sky. I reviewed the flight records and there was nothing that happened or went wrong according to the flight records. The drone was about 125 feet in the air and landed directly on asphault. I had a direct line of sight and the drone was in a hoover state. Out of the blue the drone went into a spiral and dropped out of the sky. This happened about 10 minutes into the flight.
As I am sure you can image the drone is destroyed. Has anyone else come across this issue?

According to my research this is a known issue and seems to be a bug within the software. Since I have owned the drone for more than a year the drone is out of warrenty accoring to DJI. When I contacted DJI support I was infomred to send in the drone and after they reviewed the flight records and the damamge they would determine if it was user error or software error. Once DJI support reviewed the drone they informed me that the crash was not caused by user error...... However, they said they would NOT repair the drone because it was out of the 1 year warrenty!!!!

Has anyone else come across this issue? I am very dissapointed and after this experiance I will never purchase a DJI product.
2019-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JCorder, I am sorry for the accident happened to your drone, I understand that must be frustrated for you. Sorry that when the warranty expired, the customer may need to pay for the repair.  
I am able to trace your case number by your forum account, noticing that the drone had been returned unrepaired. I will try to escalate your case to the higher department and see what we can help in your situation.
2019-8-11
Use props
JCorder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 498914 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 8-11 02:36
JCorder, I am sorry for the accident happened to your drone, I understand that must be frustrated for you. Sorry that when the warranty expired, the customer may need to pay for the repair.  
I am able to trace your case number by your forum account, noticing that the drone had been returned unrepaired. I will try to escalate your case to the higher department and see what we can help in your situation.

Hello DJI Thor,

I appreciate your assistance. I was very disappointed when I was informed that the drone was out of warranty and would not be repaired. If I need to provide you with any additional information, I would be happy to do so.

Case Number:
CAS-3340611-H0P3H2

2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JCorder Posted at 8-14 15:09
Hello DJI Thor,

I appreciate your assistance. I was very disappointed when I was informed that the drone was out of warranty and would not be repaired. If I need to provide you with any additional information, I would be happy to do so.

I noticed that our manager tried to contact you but only reached voicemail, they will keep following your case. And please kindly note that as the drone is not within the warranty period, you may pay the repair.
Hope your kind understanding.
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules