Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic air Main controller data error - IMU - gimbal
7417 7 2019-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bopat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65899 ft
Slovakia

Hi
I didn't use my Mavic air in a while, so when I turned it on, I had a lot of error messages.
I did update to the latest versions, but I still have the following errors
Main controller data error

Overall status - latest firmware - Abnormal
Gimball canot receive main controller data
Accelerometer failed
Gyroscope error
Magnetic inteference calibration required  ( there is no interference as I am on open field - bull... message - by the way it will not calibrate, whatever I do)

IMU - Restart the aircraft

I hope I found all error messages

So what is the problem with this drone: I have it for half year, and it is more broken than working. It was exchaged a few months ago, as it failed completely.
Now I have these error messages

Can somebody confirm that this drone is actually working sometimes?
2019-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just observing here on this forum and from my own experience, having also left my own Mavic for some months without flying , on starting up my MA I had some warnings not quite as many as you, but I’m continuous beeping and difficulty with holding hover position.

I started with I used calibration IMU, Gimbal, RC, this sorted some problems but not all, I just refreshed FW and all was ok again, I’m not sure if refresh was enough or if it needed all calibrations, as I did calibration first, but either way try refresh first then calibrations.
2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Would it be possible if the drone experiences any incident before? Have you tried to check if the application would allow you to take off the drone? You may try to refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2, recalibrate the IMU and compass as well as the gimbal to see if there will be changes. The DJI Assistant 2 can be download using your computer and by clicking this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads. if the problem persists, we highly recommend contacting support for further evaluation of the unit. For additional information, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment and if the drone is within the warranty coverage period. if you wish to contact our support you may click the link below.

www.dji.com/support
2019-8-11
Use props
Bopat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65899 ft
Slovakia

DJI Tony Posted at 8-11 10:09
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Would it be possible if the drone experiences any incident before? Have you tried to check if the application would allow you to take off the drone? You may try to refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2, recalibrate the IMU and compass as well as the gimbal to see if there will be changes. The DJI Assistant 2 can be download using your computer and by clicking this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads. if the problem persists, we highly recommend contacting support for further evaluation of the unit. For additional information, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment and if the drone is within the warranty coverage period. if you wish to contact our support you may click the link below.

www.dji.com/support

I tried everything, nothing is working: calibration, IMU and so on. Nothing.
I already wrote you message, because I want a new drone. This is the second time faied completely in the last 3 months. This is unacceptabel, I am not a mechanic or somebody has time for fixing your drone nonstop.
I am very dissapointed in DJI air drone. I should say extremely.
2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Bopat Posted at 8-11 11:32
I tried everything, nothing is working: calibration, IMU and so on. Nothing.
I already wrote you message, because I want a new drone. This is the second time faied completely in the last 3 months. This is unacceptabel, I am not a mechanic or somebody has time for fixing your drone nonstop.

Hi, sorry to know and read the issues you've had with your Mavic Air. I managed to pull up your case using your DJI Forum account. This will be forwarded with the designated team for further assistance. Appreciate your patience.
2019-8-12
Use props
Cineasta83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55738 ft
Argentina

Bopat Posted at 8-11 11:32
I tried everything, nothing is working: calibration, IMU and so on. Nothing.

I'm experienced the same proble without any solution by a forum partner or DJI customer care.
You can check my thread here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-190758-1-1.html
I'm on my own.
2019-8-14
Use props
MAIRDA
lvl.3
United States

I just fixed mine, that was having this same problem. For $18 dollars I purchased a new IMU and it is now working. It took me 1 hour to disassemble, change the part, and reassemble it.
2019-8-18
Use props
djiuser_jnGqzAPoOnWM
New

Mongolia

MAIRDA Posted at 2019-8-18 10:55
I just fixed mine, that was having this same problem. For $18 dollars I purchased a new IMU and it is now working. It took me 1 hour to disassemble, change the part, and reassemble it.

Where did you buy IMU for Mavic Air?
2020-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules