Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJi Go 4 app crashing all the time
4207 10 2019-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raydee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20768 ft
United States

Today was a bad day at the flying field I was at taking pics and vids of a funfly event. Needless to say I didn't get much flying it because every time I tried to take a pic or record video the Dji Go4 app crashed on my Smart Controller. I tried reloading the firmware today and within 30 seconds the app crashed again. I have heard that you can clear the Cache but I am wondering if I will lose anything doing that?

go4 app crash.jpg
2019-8-11
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

I dont have SC but familiar  with the  similar case on original controller with mobile device.
Cache files if  reached to the limit of capacity  then may cause unexpected  crash of the apps.
cache files are preview of the recorded media (photos or video) and original files ( full resolution)  are on your drone SD card.
clearing the cache files  sure will delete all those preview low resolution media but not delete anything recorded on drone SD card.
Unless you have any plan to check those recorded files during your fly,  deleting them would not harm.  
2019-8-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im equally having the same issue with the GO 4 application fying the M2Z
2019-8-12
Use props
Deadtillten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14232 ft

United Kingdom

Same here crash after crash. This needs attending to.
2020-1-5
Use props
DRONE SPFX
New

United States

I just purchased the Mavic 2 Zoom with the SC and this happened to me today 2-11-2020.  AND I've only flown it in three locations.  So as a first timer with DJI, and dropping a ton of money (Thank got I didn't buy the Inspire 2 and have it happen with that)  I'm not impressed with DJI so far.

So I did the update and it said it was frozen and I could either close the app, or wait...of course I hit WAIT because the G*D damn thig was up in the air.   And guess what happens, it disconnected from the SC and just fell from the sky... THANK GOD I was in my yard and not out trying to capture something or filming something.

Congratulation if you've done the update like me, because you just won the Bonus round of buying a motor, and props for this wonderful update.   

To fix this issue what I did was roll back the update and then tested it in very small area, but who knows if it'll do it again when I put it up high.  Anyone know what DJI does for their customers when things like this happen?  
2020-2-12
Use props
Gjuro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1051375 ft
Croatia

I had the same problems. Deleting cash helped. As akozc stated, cash is low resolution images that you can delete because the originals are stored on the sd card in the drone and essentially serve you nothing but preview.I turned option off  on the SC to make cash , and since then I have not had a single case of crashing the application..You have it somewhere in my posts, and of course I was helped by some members of this group who I thank for the tips
2020-2-15
Use props
Bimnomercy
First Officer
Flight distance : 1414268 ft
France

Witch version of DJI Go 4 are you running ?
2020-2-16
Use props
Gjuro
Second Officer
Croatia

Bimnomercy Posted at 2-16 03:29
Witch version of DJI Go 4 are you running ?

version 4.3.32
2020-2-17
Use props
Horus303
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57484 ft
United States

4.3.32?? where did you get that from?
here is a screenshot from the DJI website on the latest current versions. I'm using the latest version here (4.3.28) on my smart controller and still getting crashes?
2020-2-19
Use props
Gjuro
Second Officer
Croatia

Horus303 Posted at 2-19 07:39
4.3.32?? where did you get that from?
here is a screenshot from the DJI website on the latest current versions. I'm using the latest version here (4.3.28) on my smart controller and still getting crashes?
[view_image]

The drone is off. In SC select GO ( left botom)  , than select "me" ( right botom ) and there is a scroll wheel at the top right. In the menu that opens down at the bottom you have the option to check for upgrades
2020-2-19
Use props
Nociferyon
lvl.1
Monaco

I have the same problem for 3-4 months (before it worked well). I tried to do the upgrade but with the latest upgrade there is problem on the MAP : it’s all blank so I can’t see the path of my drone…
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules