Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot Take Off No Fly Zone
2595 5 2019-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheCaptain326
United States

Yesterday, I went to a place where I have been before over the past month. I got the expected warning, cannot take off - no fly zone. I went through the process of unlocking, and got the Unlock Success message. However, I still had the cannot take off. I tried the process to unlock about 4 times. I am using iPhone with the controller. I powered everything off, and fired everything up, and still have the same problem. Then I went about 4 miles away to another area (a churc) that is in historical district, fully expecting to get the unable to take off message. So, I once again go through the process of unlocking, with the message Unlock Success. One thing I noticed, the map was showing that I was still at the first place that I tried. Somehow, I got that issue straightened out, and the system showed correctly that I was at the church. However, I still was not able to rid myself of the cannot take off message. I am at a loss as to what to do. I am a newbie, have had the drone for about 6 weeks now. Yes, I do realize that the unlock in these areas last for a few days, before having to repeat the process (but I have been successful in the past month in being able to fly at the locations I tried yesterday. And I made sure that I was not in the beginner mode. I saw an old thread regarding this same type of issue with a Mavic, and a person suggested downgrading the firmware. I don't know if I'd want to do that, but it is very frustrating that I can not fly the drone where I have flown in before. The first location (a lighthouse) is in a yellow area, on the fringe of the airport near my home (KBDR) and I confirmed that there were no TFR's in my area, only in New Jersey. I am at a loss as to what to do! Any pearls of wisdom will be truly appreciated. Up until yesterday, I was having fun but now with this cannot take off business, it has taken the joy out of flying.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give to me. Kathie
2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Kathie, sorry for the troubles on unlocking the NFZ, it is recommended to send email to flysafe@dji.com so the team could help to check and figure it out, thank you.
2019-8-11
Use props
TheCaptain326
United States

Thank you.
2019-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You're most welcome. Should you have further concern, please let us know.  Cheers!
2019-8-12
Use props
markcowell23
New

India

Yesterday, I went to a place where I have been before over the past month. I got the expected warning, cannot take off - no fly zone. I went through the process of unlocking, and got the Unlock Success message. However, I still had the cannot take off. I tried the process to unlock about 4 times. I am using iPhone with the controller. I powered everything off, and fired everything up, and still have the same problem. Then I went about 4 miles away to another area (a churc) that is in historical district, fully expecting to get the unable to take off message. So, I once again go through the process of unlocking, with the message Unlock Success. One thing I noticed, the map was showing that I was still at the first place that I tried. Somehow, I got that issue straightened out, and the system showed correctly that I was at the church. However, I still was not able to rid myself of the cannot take off message. I am at a loss as to what to do. I am a newbie, have had the drone for about 6 weeks now. Yes, I do realize that the unlock in these areas last for a few days, before having to repeat the process (but I have been successful in the past month in being able to fly at the locations I tried yesterday. And I made sure that I was not in the beginner mode. I saw an old thread regarding this same type of issue with a Mavic, and a person suggested downgrading the firmware. I don't know if I'd want to do that, but it is very frustrating that I can not fly the drone where I have flown in before. The first location (a lighthouse) is in a yellow area, on the fringe of the airport near my home (KBDR) and I confirmed that there were no TFR's in my area, only in New Jersey. I am at a loss as to what to do! Any pearls of wisdom will be truly appreciated. Up until yesterday, I was having fun but now with this cannot take off business, it has taken the joy out of flying.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give to me. Kathie
2019-8-18
Use props
Holland33
lvl.1

Australia

Have you found an answer to this question as I seem to have the same problem? Wouldn't it be better to post on forum for everyone to see, rather than take it offline over PMs? Just food for thought.
2019-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules