Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
One year and still broken waypoints
1571 15 2019-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

We are only two weeks away from the Mavic 2 Pro being out for a year and the much-touted Waypoints 2.0 is still useless. The flight is jerky and does not create smooth video. I think we deserve to know if this is something that is going to get fixed or not.
2019-8-12
Use props
Dude
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I agree. They said it is, but some sort of an update would be great.
2019-8-12
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

If this is fixable DJI could have done it a long time ago.  It is a continuing disgrace that DJI let their flagship consumer drone languish with so many issues that should be addressed.
2019-8-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They have said many times on this forum that waypoints2 would be optimized in next FW . I think if you look at djis record with waypoints you would have to admit that to date djis attempt at waypoints was never any good, litchi waypoints works better but not 100% they’re also waiting on an update . I think they will improve it but I don’t reckon it will ever be better than a company like litchi who’s focus is almost entirely on waypoints .
2019-8-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i feel like because of lack of competition in the consumer drone market DJI does what is bare minimum and leaves it at that all too often instead of fixing some stuff or improving things they half-assed.    a lot of things on many of their drone lines that can be fixed with simple update and isn't not a hardware limitation, like how mavic air lacks ability in software to shortcut camera down and up again..  and jerky/unsmooth waypoint function on mavic 2...  like things things can be improved.

as a side note, active track's smoothness and avoidance an also be improved with more training and an update from DJI occasionally to improve it from new training.  dji could also have the side sensors turn on in position mode if below threshold speed and seamlessly turn off when above threshold speed, which could actually further prevent minor or even major accidents that no one is immune from. i mean maybe its just me but the flanks of the drone are a huge blind spot i feel would be smart to have them enabled when possible and in a way where dont have to comprimise and flip modes like to tripod or some intelegent mode overally limiting ourselves.  but seems dji isnt interested in that either.  
2019-8-12
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-12 13:35
They have said many times on this forum that waypoints2 would be optimized in next FW . I think if you look at djis record with waypoints you would have to admit that to date djis attempt at waypoints was never any good, litchi waypoints works better but not 100% they’re also waiting on an update . I think they will improve it but I don’t reckon it will ever be better than a company like litchi who’s focus is almost entirely on waypoints .

If DJI would fix the jerkiness then anyone's mission programs will be better.

Dronelink which is in Beta (free) now may turn out to be much better than Litchi.  With DL you can change the ramping of the interpolation on transitions.

https://app.dronelink.com
2019-8-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ran a Waypoint mission recently with my Mavic 2 and it was my first. I thought it was scary when the drone disconnected 30 seconds into the flight (mainly because it's an area that has high interference) and didn't connect until moments from returning to the home point. I learned a few things, my new Mavic 2 has issues sometimes in its regular long range return to home functions. I'll hit return to home or it'll failsafe after 3 seconds and I'll see the drone not following the return to home path but instead the drone drifts along a straight white line going in the opposite direction on the DJI Go 4 App? I have to manually override and steer the quad home myself. I can only think to myself had this happen on a Waypoint mission when the drone is not connected it would drift along some imaginary route where it can't return to home but instead land somewhere unknown?
2019-8-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-12 17:08
I ran a Waypoint mission recently with my Mavic 2 and it was my first. I thought it was scary when the drone disconnected 30 seconds into the flight (mainly because it's an area that has high interference) and didn't connect until moments from returning to the home point. I learned a few things, my new Mavic 2 has issues sometimes in its regular long range return to home functions. I'll hit return to home or it'll failsafe after 3 seconds and I'll see the drone not following the return to home path but instead the drone drifts along a straight white line going in the opposite direction on the DJI Go 4 App? I have to manually override and steer the quad home myself. I can only think to myself had this happen on a Waypoint mission when the drone is not connected it would drift along some imaginary route where it can't return to home but instead land somewhere unknown?

I think your M2 is acting as it should further than 50m and less than 2000m from home point , loss of RC signal will retrace it’s journey for 60 seconds it will then stop wait 10 seconds then take direct route direct to home point, this will be procedure for failsafe when flying waypoints

However when running waypoints, loss of RC signal will not stop craft completing its waypoint mission unless you initiate Rth . Flying waypoints the craft is no longer controlled by RC unless controller takes over commands .
2019-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

parkgt214 Posted at 8-12 15:33
If DJI would fix the jerkiness then anyone's mission programs will be better.

Dronelink which is in Beta (free) now may turn out to be much better than Litchi.  With DL you can change the ramping of the interpolation on transitions.

I’m not to sure if it will be better than litchi, but who knows, litchi also have a brand new program in beta so hopefully waypoint programs will improve all round for all .
2019-8-13
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-13 10:41
I’m not to sure if it will be better than litchi, but who knows, litchi also have a brand new program in beta so hopefully waypoint programs will improve all round for all .

Are you suggesting that the new Litchi will solve DJI's problem with the M2?
2019-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

parkgt214 Posted at 8-13 11:35
Are you suggesting that the new Litchi will solve DJI's problem with the M2?

If you would read what I wrote, you will clearly see I made no suggestions .
2019-8-13
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-13 11:40
If you would read what I wrote, you will clearly see I made no suggestions .

In that case, until DJI fixes the M2 not much will get better all around here Litchi beta or not.
2019-8-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-13 10:39
I think your M2 is acting as it should further than 50m and less than 2000m from home point , loss of RC signal will retrace it’s journey for 60 seconds it will then stop wait 10 seconds then take direct route direct to home point, this will be procedure for failsafe when flying waypoints

However when running waypoints, loss of RC signal will not stop craft completing its waypoint mission unless you initiate Rth . Flying waypoints the craft is no longer controlled by RC unless controller takes over commands .

I did press the RTH button on the RC and the Zoom didn't respond and proceeded to complete the Waypoints mission, only not until it was in range did it hear the RTH call of the RC to where it proceeded home, I think? Or it could have just looked that way on the video when the drone had reached its final Waypoint?
2019-8-13
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nobody from DJI will even address this?
2019-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KerryG Posted at 8-13 19:14
Nobody from DJI will even address this?

It has been addressed by dji, but no date which is not unusual for dji regarding FW update.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 045&pid=1916195
2019-8-14
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

DJI any update on the firmware update that is going fix this defect?
2019-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules