Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
This is Valletta
12Next >
1412 45 2019-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well, it's been a while since we posted or done anything DJI related so we waited until we got back from our trip to Malta. Our jewel in the middle of the Mediterranean, our chill out location. That said, I can't say we chilled out too much, DJI gefencing lol and a wayward Ronin S kept us on our toes and frustrated us slightly at a time we could have done without. A wedding and a Ronin S that operated like a 'pogo stick' making it useless and impossible to use, but we managed without and went back to handheld,  not as easy as we anticipated but manage we did. Hayho such is life, thankfully it was just a Firmware update issue on the ronin s that we resolved when we returned home with a stable internet connection and DJI Assistant. Our Ronin S yet again works flawlessly (I blame nobody but myself, should have tested prior to leaving home for the airport after updating the FW that morning prior to flying out)
As soon as our work in Malta was finished (the wedding) we took the opportunity to travel the length and breadth of Malta and explore Malta with our drones and Osmo Pocket and a host of stills cameras. We even undertook a model shoot whilst there, shame the ronin s was a useless jittery experience, but we have another 2 model shoots lined up over the summer, so watch this space lol     

Our Mavic Pro and Mavic Air operated absolutely flawlessly in Malta and was a pleasure getting them into the sky and recording again. The tempratures were challenging to say the least, 38 degrees most days yet the only thing flagging was Michelle and I. Our drones and osmo pocket didn't even blink at the heat, 58 hours of footage to go through.... Yes you read right 58 hours of footage and our drones and osmo pocket didnt let us down once, not once. A Powerbank kept us filming for long extended periods, so well done DJI the Mavics and Pocket proved again to be exceptional.

DJI need to work on a submersable (hint hint) as the ocean in Malta is spectacular..... I can dream right.
Malta if you've never been should be on your bucket list locations to visit, its fabulous. Outstanding arcitecture, wonderful cultural heritage, warm friendly people. The Maltese Aviation Authority are easy to approach and gaining the relavant authority to fly comparetavely straightforward, as long as you have the relevant insurance and permit in place. It is important to mention DJI geofencing will restrict you and curtail some of your flight locations, but thats not a bad thing in my opinion. Plan your flights and don't be frighted about seeking clarification from the Maltese Aviation Authority if you have to, they are approachable and happy to assist where necessary.

Video and photographs from DJI Products.... did I mention I love my Mavic Pro and the osmo pocket and the ronin (now) lol  

DSC00842.jpg
DSC00819 1w.jpg
2019-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day M2Wair. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video that you have captured and for sharing your vacation experience with us. For the information you have given and provided us today. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for future improvement and development of DJI. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-8-12
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely video. I was in Malta in 1976. I would love to take my wife there.
2019-8-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful work John
2019-8-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey john & Michelle great job, looked like a great adventure Michelle is a quiet woman letting you spend the day with that model, “lol” sorry to hear problems with the RS but you managed to get some great footage and put an excellent video together.
I spent 3 days in Valletta in 1990 watching Ireland qualify for our first World Cup I’m afraid it’s still a blur just know I had a good time.
Congratulations to both of you on a very professional job, I’m sure we will see mor snippets down the line, looking forward to it.

I have just recently tried out the Ronin SC and I’m about to pull the trigger it suits my xt3 and is a lot lighter than the S.
There’s a new underwater housing for the Osmo Pocket, it might entail you getting a into a frog mans suit to get some underwater footage. “Lol”
2019-8-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-12 10:21
Hello and good day M2Wair. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video that you have captured and for sharing your vacation experience with us. For the information you have given and provided us today. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for future improvement and development of DJI. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you Stephen, appreciated greatly
2019-8-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Mullheliflier Posted at 8-12 10:21
Lovely video. I was in Malta in 1976. I would love to take my wife there.

Thank you very much. Do take your wife there it is a destination I would highly recommend, my wife and I love it there. Great food and the Maltese local beer is to die for, cisk. errrrmmm not that we drink lots lol
2019-8-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-12 11:02
Beautiful work John

Thanks Andy, I have the bug again after a long lay off (fishing season is upon us) I just want to go flying and missed my daily fix lol
2019-8-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 8-12 12:10
Thanks Andy, I have the bug again after a long lay off (fishing season is upon us) I just want to go flying and missed my daily fix lol

Long time no speak mate - hope you are Mich are well.

I sold my Inspire back in Feb mate... but bought another one last month LMAO as missed it so much! Sold the M2P to my old man who is loving it and I'll still be able to fly it on visits to the West Country.
2019-8-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 8-12 11:18
Hey john & Michelle great job, looked like a great adventure Michelle is a quiet woman letting you spend the day with that model, “lol” sorry to hear problems with the RS but you managed to get some great footage and put an excellent video together.
I spent 3 days in Valletta in 1990 watching Ireland qualify for our first World Cup I’m afraid it’s still a blur just know I had a good time.
Congratulations to both of you on a very professional job, I’m sure we will see mor snippets down the line, looking forward to it.

Hey Hallmark, thank you, we had an absolute blast in Malta, love the place. Yeah our Ronin S was a very sore subject for a few days, prior to the FW update it was faultless, silky smooth. I updated it and didn't check it out at home prior to flying to Malta. Imagine the swearing when we tested the day before the wedding to discover the footage was almost 100% unusable. (I didn't know Michelle knew those curse words lol) all ended well when we got back home and DJI assistant rectified the issue.

We got the Ronin SC too and it's fabulous, light, manageable and easier for Michelle to charge about with, her Ronin S is now my Ronin S and I can't get near the SC without a growl and that look.

I'm sure Michelle will be posting a few snippets over the coming period.
The problem with the waterproof housing requires me to get into the water and I might get lost at sea, so will wait for the DJI submarine drone lol
2019-8-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-12 12:13
Long time no speak mate - hope you are Much are well.

I sold my Inspire back in Feb mate... but bought another one last month LMAO as missed it so much! Sold the M2P to my old man who is loving it and I'll still be able to fly it on visits to the West Country.

Thanks Andy, we are both well. Sick of all the rain lol

Hush now, sell nothing lol  

If Miche was to sell my inspire world war 3 would start, she's after a Matrice 600 and my inspire keeps winking at her apparently. I told her to wink away lol
2019-8-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 8-12 12:34
Thanks Andy, we are both well. Sick of all the rain lol

Hush now, sell nothing lol  

Don't sell it mate - so pleased to have another one!

There is a new release planned by DJI tomorrow at 2PM BST - God knows what it is - prob another Osmo.
2019-8-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-12 12:47
Don't sell it mate - so pleased to have another one!

There is a new release planned by DJI tomorrow at 2PM BST - God knows what it is - prob another Osmo.

I will never sell my inspire, its my baby, nor will i sell my mavic pro, its my go to drone, my little pet. It served us well in Malta under extreme high tempratures and didnt fail or hiccup once, awesome little drone.

I seen the DJI announcement trying to hide it from madam, if its got a camera she'll want it lol
2019-8-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 8-12 13:02
I will never sell my inspire, its my baby, nor will i sell my mavic pro, its my go to drone, my little pet. It served us well in Malta under extreme high tempratures and didnt fail or hiccup once, awesome little drone.

I seen the DJI announcement trying to hide it from madam, if its got a camera she'll want it lol

Hahahaha - great to see nothing has changed mate! May be a cheaper but brand new camera may keep her eyes off the M600 - have you seen the size of that thing - makes the Inspire look like a Mavic Air!
2019-8-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-12 13:32
Hahahaha - great to see nothing has changed mate! May be a cheaper but brand new camera may keep her eyes off the M600 - have you seen the size of that thing - makes the Inspire look like a Mavic Air!

Oh nothing will keep her eyes off the matrice, its a beast for sure. So is the new camera she got, shes gone all stephen spielberg on me lol happy wife, happy life lol
2019-8-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The beauty section was def my favorite!
2019-8-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing footage John, welcome back
2019-8-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 8-12 14:53
Oh nothing will keep her eyes off the matrice, its a beast for sure. So is the new camera she got, shes gone all stephen spielberg on me lol happy wife, happy life lol

Hollywood next mate
2019-8-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

ALABAMA Posted at 8-12 16:36
The beauty section was def my favorite!

Thank you, shes a doll isnt she, and we managed to get exceptional stills, shame the ronin s clips by in large were unusable. Next visit
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-12 17:00
Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!

Thank you David, appreciated
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Woe Posted at 8-12 19:51
Amazing footage John, welcome back

Thanks buddy, its good to be back.
2019-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

very nicely done.
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 8-13 00:39
very nicely done.

Thank you, appreciated
2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Great work, and thanks for your suggestion. Malta is really beautiful. ;)
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Panda Posted at 8-13 01:54
Great work, and thanks for your suggestion. Malta is really beautiful. ;)

Thanks DJI Panda, yes Malta is exceptional. I look forward to seeing DJI launch a submersible soon lol
2019-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 8-13 01:42
Thank you, appreciated

My Pleasure.  
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-12 22:32
Hollywood next mate

She's currently in talks with a stunning ballet dancer and has been dragging me across Ireland looking for that special rocky outcrop. Now we found it, shes busy working on a script and score with the dancer.... its all way over my head, i just press buttons and such lol......

Shes reuploading the valletta video...... she spotted something with her eagle eyes and replaved the place card.... dont ask me, i have no idea lol
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 8-13 04:34
She's currently in talks with a stunning ballet dancer and has been dragging me across Ireland looking for that special rocky outcrop. Now we found it, shes busy working on a script and score with the dancer.... its all way over my head, i just press buttons and such lol......

Shes reuploading the valletta video...... she spotted something with her eagle eyes and replaved the place card.... dont ask me, i have no idea lol

Wow - Mich seems to be getting right into it mate - proper film production level. I've got a feeling that M600 will be on your door step very soon mate! Equally beyond me
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-13 04:47
Wow - Mich seems to be getting right into it mate - proper film production level. I've got a feeling that M600 will be on your door step very soon mate! Equally beyond me

She's undertaken 2 adverts for 2 new websites in production, so she has the bug, big time. All i get now from her is "i need" ha ha so much for my retirement, not going to happen lol

That said, I'm finding something to get up in the morning for and dare i say it, enjoying it.
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 8-13 04:57
She's undertaken 2 adverts for 2 new websites in production, so she has the bug, big time. All i get now from her is "i need" ha ha so much for my retirement, not going to happen lol

That said, I'm finding something to get up in the morning for and dare i say it, enjoying it.

Good for you mate if it all goes to plan the gear will pay for itself and then some! That kit in her hands (and yours) will command big bucks in production - one step back, two forward! Go for it!
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-13 05:02
Good for you mate if it all goes to plan the gear will pay for itself and then some! That kit in her hands (and yours) will command big bucks in production - one step back, two forward! Go for it!

We have a purpose, a reason to do things. It's interesting, enjoyable and damn the woman is earning bucks so no complaints from me.  
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 8-13 05:06
We have a purpose, a reason to do things. It's interesting, enjoyable and damn the woman is earning bucks so no complaints from me.

Way to go mate

- the new released is the Osmo mobile 3! Guessed as much!
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-13 05:08
Way to go mate

- the new released is the Osmo mobile 3! Guessed as much!

I think we'll give the Osmo mobile 3 a miss, the ronin 2 is next to arrive.
2019-8-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 8-13 00:28
Thanks buddy, its good to be back.

2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 8-13 05:16
I think we'll give the Osmo mobile 3 a miss, the ronin 2 is next to arrive.

Not for me either - if the camera doesn't fly then I'll use my iphone without any gadgets
2019-8-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 8-13 00:27
Thank you David, appreciated

You bet....
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Whilst we did experience an issue with the ronin s it wasn't all a washout, the images captured remotely via the ronin app came out ok. as posted above, so don't think the ronin s isnt a valued tool in our tool box, it is, it's exceptional.

2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 8-13 05:51
Not for me either - if the camera doesn't fly then I'll use my iphone without any gadgets

I gave our Osmo Mobile to my daughter and son in Law as phones and I don't mix, break, loose or throw away......lol no signal and it tends to fly without a remote control  
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 8-13 06:25
I gave our Osmo Mobile to my daughter and son in Law as phones and I don't mix, break, loose or throw away......lol no signal and it tends to fly without a remote control

Hahahahaha - I've never owned one - I just fly drones (for now)
2019-8-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules