Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro (1) camera (sort of) disconnecting randomly
903 15 2019-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

During our summer holiday in Sweden I experienced my first real issue with my Mavic Pro unfortunately.
While in the air the camera sort of randomly disconnected.

All the parameters showed N/A, but I could still see a blurry image feed.
The gimbal was not working (the camera was moving around uncontrolled) and I could not change the tilt of the gimbal.
Other than that the drone was responding perfectly to my input and flew stable, but I could not record anything (video or photo)
This happened about 7 or 8 times during 19 flights and every time the camera got 'back in business' before I could land to see if there was something wrong.

I checked the cables to see if there was anything wrong that I could see from the outside, but nothing seemed broken.

Anybody ever experienced something similar?
Or tips what I can do?

Thanks in advance!

2019-8-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Weird that you had N/A on telemetry but retained a video stream. Refresh the firmware, maybe?
2019-8-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ex Machina Posted at 8-12 15:23
Weird that you had N/A on telemetry but retained a video stream. Refresh the firmware, maybe?

That was (is) weird indeed.
I have not updated anything (since their is not much to update lately)
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

We flew our Mavic Pro extensively during our visit to Malta recently, seriously hot and not a single issue. However, isn't there reports of an app dji go4 issue rearing its head over the last few weeks! Perhaps that's the problem now. I hope not, but seems likely cause.
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that. When I had the original Mavic Pro the gimbal would do just that on rare occasions - after landing and rebooting it would be fine and I could fly several times before it would happen again. I think it is just a bug somewhere in the system but tended to happen more when using ND filters in my case (not sure if there is a correlation between the two) - you could try the whole recalibration thing but it may not make a difference. I've read a number of cases where its happened so if you return the drone for diagnostics there is a strong chance it will also happen on the replacement as possibly a universal issue - I'd live with it until you get that M2Z you have your eye on Monty.
2019-8-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-13 00:53
That was (is) weird indeed.
I have not updated anything (since their is not much to update lately)

You can just "refresh" the firmware with the same version  -- sometimes clears up weirdness. Good luck!
2019-8-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 8-13 01:40
We flew our Mavic Pro extensively during our visit to Malta recently, seriously hot and not a single issue. However, isn't there reports of an app dji go4 issue rearing its head over the last few weeks! Perhaps that's the problem now. I hope not, but seems likely cause.

Good to hear.
Until now I never had issues either.
I will check with the new Go4 app when it arrives.
2019-8-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 8-13 06:59
Sorry to read that. When I had the original Mavic Pro the gimbal would do just that on rare occasions - after landing and rebooting it would be fine and I could fly several times before it would happen again. I think it is just a bug somewhere in the system but tended to happen more when using ND filters in my case (not sure if there is a correlation between the two) - you could try the whole recalibration thing but it may not make a difference. I've read a number of cases where its happened so if you return the drone for diagnostics there is a strong chance it will also happen on the replacement as possibly a universal issue - I'd live with it until you get that M2Z you have your eye on Monty.

I was not having ND filters on these flights.
It almost looks like something physical (like a connection or so) since it 're connects' again.
Not sure what to think of it yet. I have tried the re calibrating thing (IMU and gimbal) but that did not help.
FW refresh was suggested too.
But now I'm just busy sifting through all the footage
Feels like work
2019-8-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ex Machina Posted at 8-13 08:32
You can just "refresh" the firmware with the same version  -- sometimes clears up weirdness. Good luck!

I might give that a go!
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-13 11:45
I was not having ND filters on these flights.
It almost looks like something physical (like a connection or so) since it 're connects' again.
Not sure what to think of it yet. I have tried the re calibrating thing (IMU and gimbal) but that did not help.

May be a ribbon cable - hope you get it fixed soon mate and looking forward to seeing all of your footage from your trip
2019-8-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

A J Posted at 8-13 11:49
May be a ribbon cable - hope you get it fixed soon mate and looking forward to seeing all of your footage from your trip

Might be yes.
I have yet to fly the drone after the summer holiday.
Busy working on various projects
2019-10-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-9 06:01
Might be yes.
I have yet to fly the drone after the summer holiday.
Busy working on various projects

Same here now mate - drones are low down on the list of priorities now!
2019-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

A J Posted at 10-9 10:17
Same here now mate - drones are low down on the list of priorities now!

Exactly.
Although I hope to catch some fall colors soon
2019-10-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-10 01:23
Exactly.
Although I hope to catch some fall colors soon

Would be nice mate
2019-10-11
Use props
Micato
Captain
Flight distance : 2057103 ft

Hi, I also think that ribbon cable may be causing this problem. They are about 7$ on Aliexpress . I have extra 2 pieces if you decide to do it yourself over the winter.
2019-10-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

Micato Posted at 10-11 08:24
Hi, I also think that ribbon cable may be causing this problem. They are about 7$ on Aliexpress . I have extra 2 pieces if you decide to do it yourself over the winter.

Thanks for the tip.
If the problem still exists, I might investigate on the replacing process
2019-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules