Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DNG Files
5446 15 2019-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps I've missed sixty minutes but when I select JPEG + RAW stills on my Mavic 2 Pro only the JPEG's import to my Mac. If I select RAW only they import directly as RAW files (obviously without JPEG's) from the micro SD card (Sandisk extreme). Very odd! Are the DNG RAW files saved somewhere else when taken simultaniously with JPEG's?
2019-8-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

If the DNG were saved at all, you could find them on the Micro SD card, but in my experience with the Mavic Pro, the DNG are saved in the same folder as the JPG. You're not confusing downlinked files to Go 4, are you?  When you choose JPEG+RAW only the JPG are transferred to Go 4.
2019-8-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 8-12 11:52
If the DNG were saved at all, you could find them on the Micro SD card, but in my experience with the Mavic Pro, the DNG are saved in the same folder as the JPG. You're not confusing downlinked files to Go 4, are you?  When you choose JPEG+RAW only the JPG are transferred to Go 4.

No mate as I turn off the cache in the app anyway - only use files from the SD card. Must be my Mac then as I can't locate the RAW files after the import to iOS photos when taken with JPEG's. Strange that the DNG files save though when not taken with JPEG's.
2019-8-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

A J Posted at 8-12 11:55
No mate as I turn off the cache in the app anyway - only use files from the SD card. Must be my Mac then as I can't locate the RAW files after the import to iOS photos when taken with JPEG's. Strange that the DNG files save though when not taken with JPEG's.

I'm a bit confused -- are you going from Micro SD card > Mac or Micro SD card > iOS > Mac?
2019-8-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

The same thing happens as well for me. What I figured out is iPads and iPhones
doesn't support Raw files. So only the Jpeg files will be displayed and imported to the Mac.
2019-8-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 8-12 19:57
The same thing happens as well for me. What I figured out is iPads and iPhones
doesn't support Raw files. So only the Jpeg files will be displayed and imported to the Mac.

I can import DNG's from the micro sd card but not when I select the option to take them with JPEG's
2019-8-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 8-12 15:01
I'm a bit confused -- are you going from Micro SD card > Mac or Micro SD card > iOS > Mac?

Take the micro sd card out of the drone > put it in the sd card adaptor > put the sd card adaptor in the Mac > import the files directly from the sd card to the Mac. The iPad mini doesn't come into it.
2019-8-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

A J Posted at 8-12 22:33
Take the micro sd card out of the drone > put it in the sd card adaptor > put the sd card adaptor in the Mac > import the files directly from the sd card to the Mac. The iPad mini doesn't come into it.

This is exactly what I do with the Mac and I've never had a problem.
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-13 00:28
This is exactly what I do with the Mac and I've never had a problem.

Cool - once you've imported do the RAW files show in iOS photos alongside the JPEG's when taken together or do you have to retrieve them somewhere through the finder? Very odd that if I record in just DNG the files show but don't seem to save when taken with JPEG's - unless I'm missing something.
2019-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

A J Posted at 8-13 00:37
Cool - once you've imported do the RAW files show in iOS photos alongside the JPEG's when taken together or do you have to retrieve them somewhere through the finder? Very odd that if I record in just DNG the files show but don't seem to save when taken with JPEG's - unless I'm missing something.

I insert the memory card and it appears on my desktop as Untitled, Using finder I open the disk,  browse to the DCIM folder and manually copy the files where I want to store them.  For each image there is a DNG and JPG with the same name just different extension.

If you have save images for Pano's turned on, these go to a folder for each pano, which the name I cant recall right now.
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-13 02:42
I insert the memory card and it appears on my desktop as Untitled, Using finder I open the disk,  browse to the DCIM folder and manually copy the files where I want to store them.  For each image there is a DNG and JPG with the same name just different extension.

If you have save images for Pano's turned on, these go to a folder for each pano, which the name I cant recall right now.

Perfect mate - many thanks
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-13 03:19
Perfect mate - many thanks

Got um - in the DCIM folder - thanks so much!
2019-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

A J Posted at 8-13 03:49
Got um - in the DCIM folder - thanks so much!

Excellent!
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2019-8-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

A J Posted at 8-12 22:33

What confused me was your mention of iOS Photos in your workflow -- I'm guessing you meant MacOS Photos.

I use Adobe Lightroom and have to turn on an import option that lets LR crawl a card through all its subfolders to find compatible files. Maybe Photos also has such a feature?
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 8-13 08:28
What confused me was your mention of iOS Photos in your workflow -- I'm guessing you meant MacOS Photos.

I use Adobe Lightroom and have to turn on an import option that lets LR crawl through all folders to find compatible files. Maybe Photos also has such a feature?

Sorry, yes I did mate - MacOS photos on the MacBook Air.
2019-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules