RC won't charge and doesn't allow to update firmware.
920 3 2019-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Belaen
New

Czechia

Hello,

I have browsed many threads about Spark RC not charging, but it seems I have slighty more complicated problem. My RC won't charge (maybe because it has not fully updated firmware). I am able to download newest firmware, but update requires 30 % battery. Which I don't have. What shall I do? RC would probably charge after firmware update, but it won't update because of a low battery.

Anyone can help?

I assume, that RC needs to be on while charging. It only eats some battery and then starts to beep. Probably to remind me, that I forgot to switch him off.

thx

Béla
2019-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we know what happened to your remote controller upon charging it? Did you use DJI charger and cable when charging the RC? You could also send us a video showing the problem for further check. The video can be uploaded using google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-12
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Hmm. I think something happened to the battery and your first problem is causing the second. I think I'd "Open a case."
2019-8-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The RC does not need to be "On", while charging.
Just the LEDs show the charging, on or off.
Do you have a 2A phone charger and a 2A charging cable?
I had once a strange problem;
After charging the RC without trouble for quiet some time and on every source, DJI charger, phone charger, power bank, even just 500mA from the PC, it did not charge with even the DJI charger for the charging bay. The problem started after charging from PC, I switched cables, nothing.
So I got an older 2A charger with a cable, that delivered the 2A to my phone and left it on for some time.
Since then it is charging, again, even on the computer USB port

Give it a try and if that doesn't work, open a case.
Is the socket okay?
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules