Mavic Pro 2 crashed into a building with obstacle avoidance enabled
2611 5 2019-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DDS Musicman
lvl.1

United States

On my second flight of the day, the drone crashed into a building near me.  I had obtacle avoidance enabled and am sure of this because when I landed it the first time, it was close to me and the avoidance warned me.  Second trip I am setting waypoints and when setting the next waypoint, the drone crashed into a building.  This was the most sickining feeling as I watched it drop to the ground.  So it is going to the factory for service and I am hoping it's a warranty repair.  Anybody else experience anything like this?

2019-8-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DDS Musicman, sorry for the crash accident, if the drone is under warranty, data analysis can be applied, our team will do their best to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution, please keep us updated with the case number if you need any assistance during this process.
2019-8-12
Use props
fansb7dcd030
lvl.1

United States

From what I've read it looks like the avoidance is off if you set waypoints.  I'd love to hear what the answer was from DJI.  New drone pilot here and wondering about that myself.
2019-8-16
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>

I have seen electro mechanical interference do this or have this effect where the gentlemen was flying near a parking garage structure. Wondering if EMI had any play here from the buildings wifi etc.
2019-10-14
Use props
Sheehank
lvl.1

Just curious, Did you have any sort of interference warnings or did the aircraft just drift into the building? I can imagine the sinking feeling in your gut, hopefully warranty protects it.
2019-10-15
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

"I can imagine the sinking feeling in your gut,"
We've all been there... no?
Just me then!

2019-12-20
Use props
Advanced