DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Released - Capture Life’s Memorable Moments
27004 213 2019-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 1428 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 6 Points! Each person is 2 times
TechTuna
lvl.1

India

Replies reward +6 Points

I love Dji product because every month i use to hear good good news from Dji. i have dji Osmo mobile 2 but now i am planning to purchase Osmo 3. Please suggest me my friends how can i get best deal?
2019-8-14
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Replies reward +6 Points

burkek@rogers.com Posted at 8-14 05:47
iPhone owners need to know that gimbals like this are not compatible with their phones due to the fact that the optical image stabilization in the phone cannot be disengaged. This results in microjitters in the resulting footage - a battle between the optical image stabilization in the phone and the gimbal stabilization. Google it.

Thanks to answer my question in the preview posts... than it's a issue that Apple needs to solve, not DJI, right?
2019-8-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-13 14:12
Rth is different on M2 than it is on M1

[view_image]

Thanks for this Hallmark you are a value with your wealth of knowledge. Did you get nervous at first when you flew your Mavic 2s upon the change in return to home attitude?
2019-8-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-14 09:12
Thanks for this Hallmark you are a value with your wealth of knowledge. Did you get nervous at first when you flew your Mavic 2s upon the change in return to home attitude?

No, because it was first introduced with Mavic Air and someone had put up an early post of Rth changes on the forum here, which is always helpful .
2019-8-14
Use props
scottct1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

I want to order one of these, but I need to know if I can do Facebook live with it.

Does anyone know?
2019-8-14
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-13 06:19
Hi David, here is a brief comparison between Osmo Mobile 2 and Osmo Mobile 3, hope it helps:
Function:
1. Well-placed buttons and intuitive functions make Osmo Mobile 3 convenient to use with a single hand, providing more versatility and freedom of movement.

Good day DJI Mindy,
Is the Osmo Mobile 3 able to be controlled by the DJI Go app? I personally think that the editor on the Go App is far, far superior to that of the Mimo app,.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Chris
2019-8-14
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Replies reward +6 Points

Not impressed.
2019-8-14
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Replies reward +6 Points

We want new drones
2019-8-14
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Reply rewards are nice
2019-8-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-14 09:40
No, because it was first introduced with Mavic Air and someone had put up an early post of Rth changes on the forum here, which is always helpful .

Alright let me rephrase the question: did you become nervous the first time you experienced the RTH changes on the Mavic Air (even after perhaps you had read about it on the forum but had been naive to the new difference)?

I myself think the original RTH functionality works great on the Spark, Phantom, and Mavic Pro and didn't see a reason for why DJI needed to update the feature. I guess it is for dodging obstacles that come into contact in flight paths during RTH routes whereas the original drones simply would just stop in their tracks if and when they encountered an obstacle? I don't know why DJI couldn't just incorporate the dodging feature with its original RTH version, what the drones couldn't perform that feature as efficiently? Not sure I understand the reason why, but not that it's important unless of course I experience a malfunction with my Mavic 2 with one of its RTH future operations?...

So to be clear with this new RTH functionality, the Mavic 2s will dodge obstacles in their RTH flight path while traveling in their RTH 26.7 mph speed where obstacle avoidance is enabled?
2019-8-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-14 15:27
Alright let me rephrase the question: did you become nervous the first time you experienced the RTH changes on the Mavic Air (even after perhaps you had read about it on the forum but had been naive to the new difference)?

I myself think the original RTH functionality works great on the Spark, Phantom, and Mavic Pro and didn't see a reason for why DJI needed to update the feature. I guess it is for dodging obstacles that come into contact in flight paths during RTH routes whereas the original drones simply would just stop in their tracks if and when they encountered an obstacle? I don't know why DJI couldn't just incorporate the dodging feature with its original RTH version, what the drones couldn't perform that feature as efficiently? Not sure I understand the reason why, but not that it's important unless of course I experience a malfunction with my Mavic 2 with one of its RTH future operations?...

On return home craft will retrace the route it took for the last 60 seconds if it regains signal it will stop for 10 seconds to give controller chance to retake control, if this doesn’t happen it will fly directly home, so no obstacles would have been in its way so no crash.

Old system, fly around a tree lost signal couple of different actions for instance Spark would back up 5 metres or so try to rise up to clear obstacle and Rth , but instant crash if there was anything behind it, Mavic pro fly behind a tree lose signal Rth it will climb to avoid obstacle (tree) if there was overhanging branches crash .
So these are just two instances that crash will be avoided with new system there are more, so yes I believe it’s a much safer and better system.

Did it make me nervous no it didn’t, I help out a friend who runs a flying school and had done some demos, it’s very easy to demo it , just cut the RC watch it retrace for about 20 seconds, switch it back on and wait for connection and watch craft stop and wait your command .
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ChrisJG Posted at 8-14 11:14
Good day DJI Mindy,
Is the Osmo Mobile 3 able to be controlled by the DJI Go app? I personally think that the editor on the Go App is far, far superior to that of the Mimo app,.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi Chris, no, Osmo Mobile 3 doesn't support DJI Go APP, but your feedback will be forwarded to our engineers for attention
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

marctronixx Posted at 8-13 06:50
Galaxy Note 10+ compatibility? Flagship phone releasing next week. Already have 3 on order and woudl purchase this for one of them.

Hi marctronixx, Galaxy Note 10+ is not in the compatible list, the features cannot be fully ensured, we will keep updating our compatible list, please note the future update.
2019-8-15
Use props
burkek
lvl.1
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

Juliano Cruz Posted at 8-14 06:45
Thanks to answer my question in the preview posts... than it's a issue that Apple needs to solve, not DJI, right?

Right. Apple needs to provide a method to lock the optical image stabilization. If the user was able to do that, and they used an app that would turn off the electronic image stabilization (like Filmic Pro), then stabilization would be left entirely to the gimbal. That's what people want.
2019-8-15
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-15 02:50
Hi Chris, no, Osmo Mobile 3 doesn't support DJI Go APP, but your feedback will be forwarded to our engineers for attention

Thank you.
2019-8-15
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

Replies reward +6 Points

Th fact that it is 157mm folded got me on board but but only support up to PIXEL 2 and not 3 ?
2019-8-15
Use props
killertek78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168369 ft
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

Looking forward to trying my first gimbal, for mobile devices or otherwise, and owning my first DJI product! I have flown a Mavic Pro briefly(after repairing it for a friend as it went for a small swim), but that is about it. Excited!
2019-8-15
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

Looks like a massive improvement on the OSMO Mobile 2 and for a good price, should be grabbing one soon.
2019-8-16
Use props
shashank
lvl.1

India

Replies reward +6 Points

Do you think that the gimbal can be used to create product video  videos like this https://ecommercephotographyindia.com/product-video-services-in-mumbai.html
2019-8-16
Use props
shashank
lvl.1

India

Replies reward +6 Points

Do you think that the gimbal can be used to create product video videos ?
2019-8-16
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-15 03:04
Hi marctronixx, Galaxy Note 10+ is not in the compatible list, the features cannot be fully ensured, we will keep updating our compatible list, please note the future update.

Fully expect the note 10 plus to work 100% with the osmo 3. I see no reason for it not too. I’ll confirm within a week once the note 10 plus ships.
2019-8-16
Use props
ysmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1676522 ft
New Zealand

Replies reward +6 Points

......still waiting for the phantom 5.............
2019-8-16
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Replies reward +6 Points

I'd jump at one of these if it some sort of wi-fi remote ability like the Pocket. I know that would mean using another phone or tablet but it would still be very handy.
2019-8-16
Use props
brucedwayne
New

Mexico

Replies reward +6 Points

I Need To Get This For My Upcoming Brand Shoots And Video Logs Of http://www.celebstyleoutfits.com
2019-8-17
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22687 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Are the accessories of Mobile 2 compatible with the mobile 3?  The tripod for example :-)
2019-8-17
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Are the accessories of Mobile 2 compatible with the mobile 3?  The tripod for example :-)
2019-8-17
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-15 02:50

2019-8-17
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

Replies reward +6 Points

Love it. Really nice gimbal!
2019-8-17
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

Replies reward +6 Points

Does mechanical stabilization conflict with EIS on cellphones and cameras?
2019-8-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Replies reward +6 Points

Pedro Castelani Posted at 8-17 09:41
Does mechanical stabilization conflict with EIS on cellphones and cameras?

IT can, but I've not seen a user (and I am one, using an iPhone 6) or reviewer reporting such a problem with respect to the Mobile 3.  But it could well depend on the particular phone, and whether the phone allows any built in stabilizer to be turned off.
2019-8-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Apophis Posted at 8-17 01:12

The tripod thread is a standard tripod thread, so I can't imagine any problem with any standard tripod.  I'm using a PGYTech tripod base I already had.  What other accessories did you have in mind?
2019-8-17
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Replies reward +6 Points

All to all i decided to try this gimbal myself, it is ordered and i can't wait to start exploring
2019-8-17
Use props
djiuser_V7aoXXmglV6Q
lvl.2
Thailand

Replies reward +6 Points

I am new in the DJI family

The compatible list is not up to date :-) I use OnePlus 7 pro can I use ? Cause in the shop I can't test

Thanks for helping
2019-8-18
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's a very positive review from UK review site Trusted Reviews at https://www.trustedreviews.com/n ... rgain-price-3929768
2019-8-18
Use props
Decebalus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 203806 ft
Romania

Replies reward +6 Points

akozc Posted at 8-13 06:52
sound like its sponsored by Huawei and iPhone manufacturers

So, for now, it`s useless for Samsung ...

2019-8-18
Use props
Decebalus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 203806 ft
Romania

Replies reward +6 Points

Osmo Mobile 2 i guess

2019-8-18
Use props
Miro Perez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

When can we expect them to ship if we ordered on release date.
2019-8-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Miro Perez Posted at 8-18 13:00
When can we expect them to ship if we ordered on release date.

I ordered on release date, it shipped next day, I will have it delivered to me in Ireland tomorrow, so pretty good 6 days including weekend from order to delivery , from China .
2019-8-18
Use props
Miro Perez
lvl.4
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

hallmark007 Posted at 8-18 13:58
I ordered on release date, it shipped next day, I will have it delivered to me in Ireland tomorrow, so pretty good 6 days including weekend from order to delivery , from China .

Mine still has yet to ship
2019-8-18
Use props
Miro Perez
lvl.4
United States

scottct1 Posted at 8-14 11:13
I want to order one of these, but I need to know if I can do Facebook live with it.

Does anyone know?

You should be able to use it with Facebook live as long as the gimble is connected (not physically) to your phone. You probably wouldn't be able to use the features at the same time though.
2019-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules