Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Released - Capture Life’s Memorable Moments
26711 213 2019-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 1428 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 6 Points! Each person is 2 times
Miro Perez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

djiuser_V7aoXXmglV6Q Posted at 8-18 03:05
I am new in the DJI family

The compatible list is not up to date :-) I use OnePlus 7 pro can I use ? Cause in the shop I can't test

It should work as long as you can run the app I would think
2019-8-18
Use props
FarmerMac
First Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Replies reward +6 Points

Just ordered the Osmo 3 mobile the other day.
Im realy exited to see if this one is doing it better than the Osmo+ i had
a year ago.
I hope OM3 will performe perfectly with my iPhone XS.
2019-8-19
Use props
Profdrdenis
lvl.1
Thailand

Replies reward +6 Points

Miro Perez Posted at 8-18 14:18
It should work as long as you can run the app I would think

Thanks.

I mean more the holder for the phone. I  have switch left and right.

2019-8-19
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

Decebalus Posted at 8-18 10:41
Osmo Mobile 2 i guess

But the battery is not replacable...?
2019-8-19
Use props
ScanDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Has anyone tried both OM3 vs Osmo pocket and what are your thoughts when it comes to stabilizing and features? I'm still debating which to get. Having an iPhone 8 today and plan to change to new "11R" when it arrives in late Sept.
2019-8-19
Use props
djiuser_970x46IpG8cW

India

Replies reward +6 Points

Hi,
When will Dji osmo mobile 3 launch in India
2019-8-19
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

Essjay Posted at 8-13 05:51
Apart from the (handy) folding arm, I’m not seeing any great technical difference between this and my Osmo Mobile 2 !

I do. I own both. This Osmo 3 is just as competent as the O2, but the ability to fold it into something that is packetized. You can use all the accessories you bought for your Osmo 2 or the original. With products from PGY and others, you can do even more. Like attach the Osmo Action.

This of the power of adding a 4K 1 inch sensor like the R0 from Sony. The best and easiest portable gimbal right there.

I most likely will sell my Osmo 1 and the Osmo Pocket and use that money to add the Sony R0.

So consider those thoughts.

This is a quantum leap. I received mine this morning. It came with part a charge
2019-8-20
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

DAFlys Posted at 8-13 05:51
Any thoughts how this would work with moment lenses?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ben ... enses/#4dba3c4323f8

This is a complete look author to use the Moment system with this new Gimbal. Infact, Moment are selling the Osmo 3 on their web site.

Hope this helps
2019-8-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TheCameraGuy Posted at 8-20 08:58
I do. I own both. This Osmo 3 is just as competent as the O2, but the ability to fold it into something that is packetized. You can use all the accessories you bought for your Osmo 2 or the original. With products from PGY and others, you can do even more. Like attach the Osmo Action.

This of the power of adding a 4K 1 inch sensor like the R0 from Sony. The best and easiest portable gimbal right there.

Are you certain the pgytech holder for OA will work with Osmo mobile 3 ?
2019-8-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GoldenSun Posted at 8-19 02:11
But the battery is not replacable...?

No it’s not, but I have a feeling this battery may last longer than the unit .
2019-8-20
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 8-20 09:55
Are you certain the pgytech holder for OA will work with Osmo mobile 3 ?

When I get the Osmo 3 charged, I try and demo it for you. I don't see why it wouldn't as the phone mount is the sae size.
2019-8-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TheCameraGuy Posted at 8-20 10:20
When I get the Osmo 3 charged, I try and demo it for you. I don't see why it wouldn't as the phone mount is the sae size.

Great thank you, it’s something I’ve been looking for, particularly to shoot HDR .
2019-8-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

TheCameraGuy Posted at 8-20 09:12
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2019/08/16/djis-osmo-mobile-3-is-the-smallest-gimbal-to-support-moment-iphone-lenses/#4dba3c4323f8

This is a complete look author to use the Moment system with this new Gimbal. Infact, Moment are selling the Osmo 3 on their web site.

thanks for the article,  it looking promising,  only issue I think I'll have is I have the XS Max and Im yet to find confirmation that it will work especially as its right on the weight limit quoted.
2019-8-20
Use props
sigug
lvl.1

Germany

Replies reward +6 Points

Anyone here lives in San Francisco by chance and knows if it's possible to get the Osmo 3 in a store already? I'm from Germany and currently have a way bigger gimbal and was waiting for something small like this finally. I will travel to SF on Friday, and if there was the opportunity to get it there, I would leave my old one here...
2019-8-20
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

You’re not going to find one locally in SF. Better off bringing your own gear. Plus why would you trust a version 1 of a new, untested product on a production? Now if youre just traveling for leisure then I can understand..
2019-8-21
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Should be a good seller!
2019-8-21
Use props
sigug
lvl.1

Germany

Replies reward +6 Points

marctronixx Posted at 8-21 06:26
You’re not going to find one locally in SF. Better off bringing your own gear. Plus why would you trust a version 1 of a new, untested product on a production? Now if youre just traveling for leisure then I can understand..

By version 1 you probably mean 3 ;) And sure, leisure. A professional wouldn't use something like that I guess.
So, nowhere in the US locally yet then I guess?
2019-8-21
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.4
Malta

Replies reward +6 Points

Nice Product. Highly interested.
2019-8-22
Use props
Miro Perez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Just received mine i'm very excited to use it
2019-8-22
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

sigug Posted at 8-21 10:02
By version 1 you probably mean 3 ;) And sure, leisure. A professional wouldn't use something like that I guess.
So, nowhere in the US locally yet then I guess?

Nah I mean version one of this new design. but its academic since you are not needing it right away for pro use without  testing first. I dont think its anywhere on the street yet. Maybe a specialty vendor  locally may have one but thats going to be rare this early.

If you came to LA you could use mine..
2019-8-23
Use props
ArizonaFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 250932 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

I'm not really a phone photographer, but I can see why this would be a perfect gadget to have for vacation videos and the like.
2019-8-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Are plenty in stock?
2019-8-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-24
Use props
ParideM
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Replies reward +6 Points

Looks great!
2019-8-27
Use props
ParideM
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Replies reward +6 Points

how much it weighs exactly?
2019-8-27
Use props
TorontoR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35912 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

could someone who has received this gimbal confirm if filming with the ultrawide angle lens camera on a Note 10 or S10 etc shows the side of the gimbal?  I'd like to dump my existing gimbal as the side of the gimbal is visible in this mode.
2019-8-27
Use props
GHT
Flight distance : 575574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Replies reward +6 Points

Ordered one from the DJI online store on the 14th and it still hasn't shipped.  What's the hold up DJI?
2019-8-27
Use props
scottct1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84610 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

GHT Posted at 8-27 16:41
Ordered one from the DJI online store on the 14th and it still hasn't shipped.  What's the hold up DJI?

Same here... no updates at all.

Was hoping to have it by this weekend for a big event I will be at for my radio station.
2019-8-28
Use props
djiuser_O9gndqo1LEq9
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Can this product stabilize video from a random app instead of the mimo app? I am planning on using with an entirely different app and only want the stabilizing feature. Dont need all those fancy face tracking, panorama, etc features. I just to record smoother videos for my audience.
2019-8-29
Use props
djiuser_O9gndqo1LEq9
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Can this product stabilize video from a random app instead of the mimo app? I am planning on using with an entirely different app and only want the stabilizing feature. Dont need all those fancy face tracking, panorama, etc features. I just to record smoother videos for my audience.
2019-8-29
Use props
TorontoR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35912 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

djiuser_O9gndqo1LEq9 Posted at 8-29 08:03

Yes it can.  Mimo app is not very good , I just use the standard Samsung camera on my S10 since it has 3 lens.  The native app as very minimal controls.
2019-8-29
Use props
louyseiz

United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Hi,
I am new to DJI products, and should receive my Osmo 3 today.
I've just realized that the phones supported by Mimo are OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 6T, and I have a OnePlus6 (just 6). Will it work too? Am I going to miss features?
Do you guys add new phone support to the list?
How often is the Mimo app updated?
Thanks!
2019-8-30
Use props
H. Arif - Nobody
First Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

Im gonna try to get it with points.
2019-8-30
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

H. Arif - Nobody Posted at 8-30 13:56
Im gonna try to get it with points.

How did that go? You have to spend  a lot of money at the DJI store to buy something don’t you?
2019-8-31
Use props
Ruralreporter
New

Australia

Replies reward +6 Points

Terrific! Have just got one for my work and trying to work out the best way to add an external mic. Any tips?
2019-8-31
Use props
H. Arif - Nobody
First Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

TheCameraGuy Posted at 8-31 12:54
How did that go? You have to spend  a lot of money at the DJI store to buy something don’t you?

LOL yeah. haven't really gotten around to getting points. working on it though.
2019-9-1
Use props
Garethlowrie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

I can’t get my iPhone XS Max to balance in the Osmo Mobile 3. Has anybody had any luck.?. I measured the phone and it is within the width and depth dimensions supported.
2019-9-2
Use props
ScanDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Finally ordered a OM3 combo, shipping in 20-25 business days... guess it was much more demand than they expected.... hope they will receive more units sooner....if not it will be about 1.5 months before it will arrive....  
2019-9-2
Use props
fans3389716d
New

Replies reward +6 Points

I just received the new DJI Osmo mobile 3.
I downloaded the DJI mimo APP on my samsung Android S9+ . Everytime I would start the app so that to use the new OSMO , the app page would freeze therefore nothing would happend. No matter what I would do, nothing would work on the new gimbel.
I downloaded the app onto an iPhone X, all worked great. Can anyway hint any ideas.
2019-9-3
Use props
James.bell03
New

Replies reward +6 Points

Hi all,

I picked mine up today. Seriously impressed at the fold away size!

One question: what is the thread on the phone holder but for? Can I buy a microphone to work with my iPhone and screw it in there??
2019-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules