Hyperlapse on the Happy Train
681 13 2019-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Here's a hyperlapse shot with my Pocket clamped to the rear car of the "Happy Train". The Happy Train is a little amusement offered to shoppers who spent over 500 baht (around 15 dollars/euros). The train worked as a pretty good dolly! This was set at 10X

2019-8-13
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

cool video
2019-8-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-13
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Wait, there's an Ikea inside of a mall on Thailand??  By the way, nice hyper lapse.
2019-8-13
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Neo Supreme Posted at 8-13 06:09
Wait, there's an Ikea inside of a mall on Thailand??  By the way, nice hyper lapse.

This IKEA is actually "attached" to the mall. It was built next door and "bridged" onto it. The part in the mall itself is the size of a typical mall shop. But, it then extends over the parking entranceway and continues as a huge store, practically the size of the mall itself.

2019-8-13
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-13 06:17
This IKEA is actually "attached" to the mall. It was built next door and "bridged" onto it. The part in the mall itself is the size of a typical mall shop. But, it then extends over the parking entranceway and continues as a huge store, practically the size of the mall itself.

[view_image]

Whoa!  That's a nice shot.
2019-8-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool, nice video
2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your amazing work with us! Nice work. Cheers!
2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Fun video, thanks for sharing.
2019-8-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Nice. I would have liked to see the actual 'Happy train'. I'm not sure that would be allowed inside a UK shopping mall.
2019-8-14
Use props
Sam Video
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Unique concept dude, I like it .
2019-8-14
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 8-14 06:26
Nice. I would have liked to see the actual 'Happy train'. I'm not sure that would be allowed inside a UK shopping mall.

In Thailand, personal injury rewards are limited to actual damage done - no punitive damages. You can't shut down a business for getting a boo boo. Therefore, most of the country isn't idiot proofed and there are many questionable activities allowed.

At malls, the real risks come from all the kids that race around on mobile, electric animal cars, large, 4-wheeled, stuffed animals, blasting nursery rhymes. I guess the music is a signal to get the hell out of the way!
Here is the Happy Train and the animals ... a screen capture from my cinematic epic !

happy-train.jpg
2019-8-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 8-14 16:53
In Thailand, personal injury rewards are limited to actual damage done - no punitive damages. You can't shut down a business for getting a boo boo. Therefore, most of the country isn't idiot proofed and there are many questionable activities allowed.

At malls, the real risks come from all the kids that race around on mobile, electric animal cars, large, 4-wheeled, stuffed animals, blasting nursery rhymes. I guess the music is a signal to get the hell out of the way!

That's really neat and I think we are missing out.
We still have invalid carriages in malls and kids with wheels in their heels and I don't think we are as prone to suing for damages as the US yet so something like these would be great.
But you are correct, we don't get skateboards or Segways or similar roaming around.  Security wouldn't allow them.
Thank you for sharing.
2019-8-14
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done! I liked it.
2019-8-15
Use props
Advanced