Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which DJI Go app?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RatDog
lvl.1

United States

1st off, I am a rookie drone pilot.  I have had a Phantom 3 Advanced for about a month.  I originally downloaded the DJI Go app (V 3.1.52 for android) from the Play Store.  I wanted to download it to a different Android tablet, but the only app in the Play Store is DJI Go 4, which it says is for P4 and later drones.  Will DJI Go 4 work with the P3?
2019-8-13
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can only use DJI GO 3 with a P3. It's available for download here in the Google Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot
2019-8-13
Use props
RatDog
lvl.1

United States

msinger Posted at 8-13 09:19
You can only use DJI GO 3 with a P3. It's available for download here in the Google Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot

Unfortunately, it tells me that it isn't compatible with my tablet.  Samsung SM-T677A with Android ver 5.1.1.  Oh well.  I have an iPad4 that should be here tomorrow.  I was just hoping to use the larger tablet so I wouldn't have to put on reading glasses to see the screen.
2019-8-13
Use props
Rigworker
First Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

RatDog Posted at 8-13 10:12
Unfortunately, it tells me that it isn't compatible with my tablet.  Samsung SM-T677A with Android ver 5.1.1.  Oh well.  I have an iPad4 that should be here tomorrow.  I was just hoping to use the larger tablet so I wouldn't have to put on reading glasses to see the screen.

You can find older versions that should work with your tablet here
https://apkpure.com/dji-go-for-products-before-p4/dji.pilot

or here

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/
2019-8-13
Use props
RatDog
lvl.1

United States

RatDog Posted at 8-13 10:12
Unfortunately, it tells me that it isn't compatible with my tablet.  Samsung SM-T677A with Android ver 5.1.1.  Oh well.  I have an iPad4 that should be here tomorrow.  I was just hoping to use the larger tablet so I wouldn't have to put on reading glasses to see the screen.

That is actually an iPad4 Mini
2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The DJI Go 4 app can't support the Phantom 3 Advanced as this product belongs to the DJI GO application. We understand that you wanted to have a bigger screen while flying your drone, however, it seems that the tablet that you've mentioned is not part of compatible devices. We would recommend using a compatible device to maximize the usage of your app and the drone. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iOS version of the Go app will be needed when your iPad mini 4 arrives - the current version is 3.1.58 - also ensure the iPad is on the latest iOS firmware version 12.4 too. All Phantom 3's, Inspire 1's, Matrice 100 and 600's and older Osmo's use the original GO app and are not compatiable with GO 4.
2019-8-13
Use props
RatDog
lvl.1

United States

A J Posted at 8-13 12:02
iOS version of the Go app will be needed when your iPad mini 4 arrives - the current version is 3.1.58 - also ensure the iPad is on the latest iOS firmware version 12.4 too. All Phantom 3's, Inspire 1's, Matrice 100 and 600's and older Osmo's use the original GO app and are not compatiable with GO 4.

Got the iPad today.  Upgraded to iOS 12.4.  Downloaded the DJI Go app and it works great!  The iPad stays connected to my home network so I can access the Academy and Flight Simulator.  My Samsung tablet wouldn’t stay connected to my network.  The iPad also has a MUCH better screen.  I can see it even in bright sunlight.  Will have to wait until tomorrow to launch.  I may try installing a new battery in the iPad.  I knew when I bought it that I might need to do that.  I am actually on the iPad right now.
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RatDog Posted at 8-14 13:46
Got the iPad today.  Upgraded to iOS 12.4.  Downloaded the DJI Go app and it works great!  The iPad stays connected to my home network so I can access the Academy and Flight Simulator.  My Samsung tablet wouldn’t stay connected to my network.  The iPad also has a MUCH better screen.  I can see it even in bright sunlight.  Will have to wait until tomorrow to launch.  I may try installing a new battery in the iPad.  I knew when I bought it that I might need to do that.  I am actually on the iPad right now.

You'll also notice that both the Map and radar appear on the screen together so no more switching between them.

The GO app was updated again yesterday to version .59 - check you're on the latest.
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules