FAA and LANNC authorization apps
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rswitzer
lvl.1
United States

I have a Part 107 certification and aware of applying for authorization using FAA Drone zone. However which app is best for LANNC authorization. It seems like all the apps cover similar things but are slighlty different. I currently have:
AIRMAP
Kittyhawk
B4UFLY

Id like to just use 1 app if anyone can recommend which of these I actually need

2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide their best recommendation that you may need. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-13
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You cannot get FAA authorization via B4UFLY, so you can probably skip that one. While it can still be used to find controlled airspace, it's super slow and it doesn't do anything that Airmap and Kittyhawk cannot do.

Between Airmap and Kittyhawk, I prefer Airmap since the process to request FAA authorization is a bit faster. Here are the steps for using both of those apps:

HOW TO: Request FAA authorization in Airmap
HOW TO: Request FAA authorization in Kittyhawk
2019-8-13
Use props
rswitzer
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 8-13 13:25
You cannot get FAA authorization via B4UFLY, so you can probably skip that one. While it can still be used to find controlled airspace, it's super slow and it doesn't do anything that Airmap and Kittyhawk cannot do.

Between Airmap and Kittyhawk, I prefer Airmap since the process to request FAA authorization is a bit faster. Here are the steps for using both of those apps:

Thank you!
2019-8-13
Use props
rswitzer
lvl.1

msinger Posted at 8-13 13:25
You cannot get FAA authorization via B4UFLY, so you can probably skip that one. While it can still be used to find controlled airspace, it's super slow and it doesn't do anything that Airmap and Kittyhawk cannot do.

Thanks for that. Airmap does seem to be the easiest to use. One thing I have noticed though is sometimes my DJI Go4 app will tell me I am in a Class B airspace for example while Airmap does not show this airspace existing. Any thoughts on why this may be?

Also, on dronezone.com I applied for authorization in restricted airspace and got approval. Do you know if I have to do anything in DJI Go 4 app before flying there to let it know I have been approved?

Thanks
2019-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules